ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Baseball 2025

Watson and Hairston signed. Bell remains the lone holdout with 6 days left to sign or not.
Have you heard anything about Patrick from Wright State? Can’t find anything whether he has signed. With the assistant hire I feel like we would be in a good spot with him if he returns to school.

@Seamhead_Ninja is there much of a chance Tyler Bell doesn’t end up signing and makes it to campus? Also, any word if we are still targeting a starting pitcher or any other late additions in the portal?
I've heard his number at least gives UK a chance but still one of those "believe it when you see it" situations when life-changing money is involved. I think i read that 98% of Top 10 round picks have signed in last 10 years. I would not get hopes up and just be super happy if it happens, you know?

My understanding is the staff remains engaged in the portal every day but I doubt UK will take someone just to take someone. Word is the freshmen and JUCO arm here this summer have been very impressive.

FWIW. Andrew Patrick has still not signed a contract with the Pirates. He has until 5 pm tomorrow to sign. If he does not sign he will be available in the portal to transfer or return to Wright State.

FWIW. Andrew Patrick has still not signed a contract with the Pirates. He has until 5 pm tomorrow to sign. If he does not sign he will be available in the portal to transfer or return to Wright State.
Man did I ever jinx that. 33 minutes after I posted this Patrick signs with the Pirates,,,lol

• Haha
Reactions: Comebakatz3
Nic McCay announced on his social media that he will not sign a UDFA contract and will come to Kentucky.

At South Dakota State last year: 71.2 IP, 96 K's, 36 BB and gave up only 4 HR in 13 starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: K86 and Crazycat68
2025 Baseball Schedule: I have been seeing many "tournaments" listing their participating teams. I thought the Round Rock Classic we played in last year was so nice. I had a great time going to it. Anyone hear that we will be doing something like that this year?

2025 Baseball Schedule: I have been seeing many "tournaments" listing their participating teams. I thought the Round Rock Classic we played in last year was so nice. I had a great time going to it. Anyone hear that we will be doing something like that this year?
Don't think it is in the current plans for 2025.

I have been slacking, but I have finally updated the first post to reflect what we should have. I think. Someone check it out and see if I made any mistakes. I probably did. So, feel free to call them out.

My projections on where they might play are certianly not reflections of where they will end up, just what seems (in my own head) as the most likely spot that they will compete at. Of course, many of them will compete for different positions and might land somewhere other than where I originally project them. For instance, there are a lot of possible short stops, but they can't all play there, so some may slide over to second or third and some might even find their way into the outfield. Still, where I put them kind of gives you an idea of what type of player they might be (i.e. someone in right field is likely not the speed guy you'd find in center, but it doesn't mean that they can't play center).

Has anypne heard anything on Fall ball practice yet?
I saw some info about some batting practice with the new transfers but not much else.

Fall scrimmage at Prasco Park in Cincinnati vs Wright State is Sunday October 6th.
I've gone the last 2 years and it is really really nice.
Free Admission and free food and drink. No joke.

Another baseball teaser posted on social media. Another commit?
Chesterton (Ind.) center fielder Rob Czarniecki committed to Kentucky on Wednesday evening, giving the Wildcats a significant recruiting win in the Midwest in the 2026 class. Czarniecki is ranked as the top player in Indiana by Prep Baseball Report and the No. 44 player nationally. He chose the Wildcats over Notre Dame.

Czarniecki was an all-state selection as a sophomore after he hit .484 with 45 hits, 11 doubles, five triples, seven home runs and 38 runs batted in. He walked 22 times compared to 13 strikeouts. During the summer, Czarniecki had a standout performance at the Prep Baseball Report Future Games event and earned MVP honors. He went 5-9 with a home run, a triple and four RBIs.

Has anypne heard anything on Fall ball practice yet?
I saw some info about some batting practice with the new transfers but not much else.

Fall scrimmage at Prasco Park in Cincinnati vs Wright State is Sunday October 6th.
I've gone the last 2 years and it is really really nice.
Free Admission and free food and drink. No joke.
Kentucky continued its fall practice on Sunday afternoon with seven pitchers throwing to select hitters at Kentucky Proud Park. Each pitcher faced the same three batters and every at-bat began with a 1-1 count. There were no fielders, just a pitcher throwing to a catcher with an umpire behind the plate. Game situations were factored in based on how the at-bats played out, but these were only ghost runners. No real players were running the bases.

Pitchers who threw on Sunday in order:

Batters who saw live pitching:

Freshman Nolan Belcher caught Smith, Walker and Harris. That trio of pitchers faced Montoya, Herrera and Lawrence. Senior Devin Burkes caught Hogan, Hentschel and Ferrell. They faced Larkin, Pelletier and Hansen. All numbers listed are from the Trackman stats shown on the scoreboard.

Intrasquad scrimmage Sunday at KPP. Had a blue and white team. White team (best I can recall Cameron, Lawrence, Hage, McCoy, Hindle were the guys I recognized and remember) versus the Blue team (Herrera, Small, Gargett, Bell and I think Marcy).

White team easily scored more runs against a group of pitchers I think were Ferrell, Harris, Smith and McCoy. Those pitchers had a really tough day. IMO all the pitching was disappointing. Lots of hit batters and walks.

Hindle turned out the best day IMO and Hage was smoking the ball. Bell and Gargett are really smooth defensively. But overall hard to get around the pitching but it was only one day and not all the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT