ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Missouri (Rubber Match)

Does it really make sense to play Fogel in center field? Have not been impressed with his defense I right, and does he have enough speed to cover?

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I am rebuilding a deck today so won’t get to catch much of the game. I’ll follow along the best I can.

Does it really make sense to play Fogel in center field? Have not been impressed with his defense I right, and does he have enough speed to cover?

That's a slooooww outfield we'll have out there, or at least not particularly fast. Liebert runs all right for a catcher, but doesn't exactly have wheels. Jump at one point was regularly pinch ran for because he's not particularly fast. Fogel is a below average defender with average, at best, speed.

The gaps might be tricky today if Missouri can find them.

Former UK player struggling early. Cats up 1-0 threatening still with 2 outs.

I think I hate the UK shift more than any other shift. Where we move Estep on a 2 strike count.

6-4 Mizz still batting. It’s seems this staff has 0 feel how / when to attempt and stop the bleeding. Bosma walks the 9 hole on 4 pitches not even close and the onslaught begins.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Interesting that this Missouri hitter is using You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive as his walk-up song.

Misssouri has now taken the lead 7-6. Still just one out. Hitting Guilfoil as well now. UK pretty short on pitchers. Guilfoil was the one they were really relying on to be steady, so this hurts.

Cats might be mentally done after that inning. 3 up 3 down. Just didn't battle at all in that half.

UK goes quietly again minus a walk. Mizz pitcher K’s Liebert then stares at UK dugout and spits in their direction. Bold move , I’m sure we will not respond though. We look defeated.

Reactions: SeanCain
UK goes quietly again minus a walk. Mizz pitcher K’s Liebert then stares at UK dugout and spits in their direction. Bold move , I’m sure we will not respond though. We look defeated.

Our best response was getting hit by a pitch.

Reactions: Basil Cat
This pitcher is really feeling it and letting our dugout know it with some stare downs.

Back to back hits for UK. Our first ones since the 2nd..may be time for Missouri to change pitchers. He's getting hit hard

Ritter strikes out with bases loaded. He had no chance. Half swing , looked at a strike and swings at a ball up around his shoulders

Reactions: SeanCain
Lead off walk. Our pitchers really miss. I mean MISS! We bounce a ton of pitches and really make the catchers work. Seems to have been that way for 3 seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT