ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Georgia (Friday)

College teams and their love of bunting. SMH

I don't understand our bunting with a 3-2 count. We stopped playing aggressive and lost momentum in the top of the 10th after a great comeback to extend the game.

Machamer goes full count on UGA lead off hitter, if he is able to get out of this inning, he comes out regardless, have to play 2 games tomorrow !

Is that the last batter for Machamer? Those were two well hit balls. Boy do we need to get a run across in the top of the 11th.

Well, two errors in the game, hitting into 3 DP's, down 4-1 in the top of the 9th, down to the last pitch twice, the fight has been there. Maybe Georgia is wilting? I hope so.

I'm beginning to hate Windstream more and more. I spend more than half the game buffering. Just missed the strike out completely.

Dawson big 2 out double scoring 2.... gets out at 3rd trying to gamble a little too much.

6-4 going into B11.

Big time his in top of 11 gives Cats 2 run lead going to B11. Not sure what Dawson was thinking going for a triple though and getting easily trhiwn out.

Now is this a mistake? Pitching Machamer after he got lit up the last two batters?

That was a nasty shot the umpire just took off his facemask. Hope he's okay.

Machamer must really have the heat tonight. Toppled the catcher and the umpire.

Huge road win the opening game of the series. Need to sweep the Dawgs tomorrow.

Two big time at bats tonight by Ryan Johnson, 9 and 11 pitch at bats to extend the 9th and 11th innings. Really like his approach and hope he returns to the regular lineup.

Great win!!

Rodriguez struggled some tonight. If he doesn't make routine plays and continues to struggle at the plate then Johnson will be back in there. Might get the start tomorrow regardless.

Huge to get ahead and to do it with only two pitchers is a big deal.

Man, did that finish turn the series on its head. Georgia used a lot of pitches on 4 relievers including their closer. We probably lost our closer but only used two pitchers. Georgia has to play the double header tomorrow after using the bullpen's top appearance pitchers tonight. And two were not effective. Hjelle's 8 innings vs Adkins 6 is also big for Kentucky.

If we can get to their starter early tomorrow, we'll get to the inexperienced part of their staff with the series on the line. Fires me up. Got to convince my wife that I need to watch both games. Going to be a tough sell.

Rodriguez struggled some tonight. If he doesn't make routine plays and continues to struggle at the plate then Johnson will be back in there. Might get the start tomorrow regardless.

Huge to get ahead and to do it with only two pitchers is a big deal.
I think you have to put Johnson back in RF, he looks to be back on the beam !

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Adding to how big this is... coming into the weekend 6 teams were tied with 5 wins and 7 losses. Tennessee lost to put them at 5-8 and Bama lost yesterday and is losing by 6 runs late to put them at 5-9. Missouri also lost to bump them to 6-7. So, we will be tied for 8th Missouri and South Carolina.

Got to throw Lewis in game one and put the pressure on them. Hopefully UK can use this game as a catalyst to come out fired up for tomorrow.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Man, did that finish turn the series on its head. Georgia used a lot of pitches on 4 relievers including their closer. We probably lost our closer but only used two pitchers. Georgia has to play the double header tomorrow after using the bullpen's top appearance pitchers tonight. And two were not effective. Hjelle's 8 innings vs Adkins 6 is also big for Kentucky.

If we can get to their starter early tomorrow, we'll get to the inexperienced part of their staff with the series on the line. Fires me up. Got to convince my wife that I need to watch both games. Going to be a tough sell.
Can't be using your closer! This is crunch time. Suck it up and pitch.

Got to throw Lewis in game one and put the pressure on them. Hopefully UK can use this game as a catalyst to come out fired up for tomorrow.
Is JL pitching? I think I heard them giving it before the game went off , but missed it. I'm with CB3, JL absolutely Should pitch 1st game tomorrow.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT