ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Georgia (Friday)

Called 3rd strike to end the inning makes me think that the umpire is going to have a big say in this game. Didn't look like a strike at all to me.

I am going out on a limb that, if the umpire doesn't call a more consistent game, we'll end up with a pretty low BA. If it is called one-sided, it will be a long night.

Adkins has struggled this year and we're probably going to make him look like a 1st rounder. He's got a 7.00 ERA during SEC play.

Adkins struck out at least two in that half. One looking on the corner once again.

Holy hell... a pickoff throw gets away from Cottam and it gives up two freaking bases.

Then Hjelle gives up a 3-2 home run on the next pitch after being up 0-2. Unreal.

UK gets two more outs to get out of it but the damage is done. 2-0 UGA going to the third.

I didn't see all the pitches that at bat because I am multiplexing with the FB spring game, but I don't think that the umpire played any role in that at bat. Just a good at bat and Hjelle getting 3-2 and making a pitch across the middle.

Hjelle gives up his second two run home run of the year. 4-0. Maddening.

The two hit balls that inning both looked to be mistake pitches again.

This one is going fast and ugly. Like Headrick said... Hjelle doesn't give up home runs and Georgia doesn't hit them. Yet here we are. Not to mention their starter doesn't K people and he's got a no hitter and 4 Ks through 3.

It’s mind boggling how the pitching even from our stud pitchers has been inconsistent. And that’s being kind. This baseball season since SEC play has started has been as hair pulling as the basketball season.

Georgia wont be afraid to go to the pen early. They have a great bullpen. Squires gets a single for UKs first hit and put runners at the first two. Pompey had walked.

It’s mind boggling how the pitching even from our stud pitchers has been inconsistent. And that’s being kind. This baseball season since SEC play has started has been as hair pulling as the basketball season.

It's been consistent... just consistently bad and the amazing thing is that it just seems that they groove pitches. Walks aren't even the biggest issue as much as big flies and hits.

Reactions: Old_Red
Becker ground out and Cottam strike out. 5 strikeouts for UK before Collett gets robbed of a double in center.

It's been consistent... just consistently bad and the amazing thing is that it just seems that they groove pitches. Walks aren't even the biggest issue as much as big flies and hits.
That's what I've been seeing too. We have been making a lot of bad pitches that are getting pounded. It's not like someone went down and hit a good pitch.

Adkins has 14 strikeouts through 4 games and just 18 innings and today he has struck out 6.

Rodriguez had three cuts that never came close to the pitch. He's not seeing the pitch at all well.

Cottam with a couple nice defensive plays: keeping his foot on the bag and then fielding far to his right with the accurate throw to Hjelle. Now just get the offense going.

We're doing round about terrible. Basically our second double play ball of the day.

Another double play. Sheesh! We are killing ourselves. Was it that good of a pitch?

We get the lead-off on again, we need to bunt, strikeout, do anything but hit into another double play.

Another double play. Sheesh! We are killing ourselves. Was it that good of a pitch?

From what I can tell Cottam isnt seeing the ball well at all lately. Likely hitting a bit but of a slump here.

Arod makes an error on a routine play. Runners on second and third and we keep this stupid inning alive. Rodriguez needs to come out if he's going to make those plays.

UK gets out of it on a deep fly to right. No damage done. 4-1. I think we're going to the 7th.

ADVERTISEMENT