ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky at Florida Offical Game Thread***

Bradshaw did some growing up in the 2nd half. Reed and Dilly were timid out there for a while. Reed was not timid to end the game. He wanted to be the guy to ice the game. He knew as most of us did that he was hitting his FT down the stretch. DJ and Edwards played really well, not perfect but well. Glad to see our guys playing this way. Not a great game but still pulled off the W on the road in the SEC. woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Bradshaw did some growing up in the 2nd half. Reed and Dilly were timid out there for a while. Reed was not timid to end the game. He wanted to be the guy to ice the game. He knew as most of us did that he was hitting his FT down the stretch. DJ and Edwards played really well, not perfect but well. Glad to see our guys playing this way. Not a great game but still pulled off the W on the road in the SEC. woohoo!!!!!!!!!
I am glad you made your post. Yes, Shep hit the free throws down the stretch, but Bradshaw's 3 is what turned the game around.

Reactions: 59coop and THE_HOOK
Didn’t age well
I can't say anything because I was thinking the same thing. However, given time to think about the game, Cal has got to play Bradshaw outside. He is not going to scare anyone offensively below the basket. However, his outside shooting will give opponents nightmares.

Reactions: kentuckybyron
I am glad you made your post. Yes, Shep hit the free throws down the stretch, but Bradshaw's 3 is what turned the game around.
His block was as big as his 3 (Bradshaw). Guy really wanted to do something on each end of the court. Early (like Shep and Dilly) Bradshaw was standing (watching) more than playing. Just part of that Freshman thing. 2nd half we had much less of that action.

What I liked was pretty good coaching moves at the end. This seems different from the last several years. We had good counters for when Florida changed and stopped the drive. Florida really did play very good defense for most of the game. I'm so glad we can play up tempo without tons of turnovers. I thought we had a lot but we only had 9. We had a lot of near turnovers towards the end with the freshmen but they will learn from this game. Learning from a win is much more fun than learning from a loss.

Reactions: UKortho
His block was as big as his 3 (Bradshaw). Guy really wanted to do something on each end of the court. Early (like Shep and Dilly) Bradshaw was standing (watching) more than playing. Just part of that Freshman thing. 2nd half we had much less of that action.
Thanks for reminding me about the block. He took over late in the game. Good for him because I gave him hell early in the game. Now, I realize that the issue might be the way he has been used to this point.

Reactions: BBUK
Yeah, if you're playing high level Division I basketball you probably shouldn't have to be told not to foul by the coaches.

The kid makes 2000 great plays. Leads D1 categories in about every way imaginable but he's not High D1 level from one play? (That is what you are inferring.) If okay I will go with, he was caught up in the moment and was giving his heart to get the win.... (Still learning to do...) The kids a killer...

I liked that when the game was on the line the coaching staff had someone inbounds the ball to Reed instead of Reed throwing the ball in to someone else. Something that myself and others suggested a while back needed to happen since he is our best free throw shooter and one of the best free throw shooters in the nation.
But we were told he was the guy who handles all inbounds plays. Glad the staff made this adjustment.

Reactions: UKortho
The kid makes 2000 great plays. Leads D1 categories in about every way imaginable but he's not High D1 level from one play? (That is what you are inferring.) If okay I will go with, he was caught up in the moment and was giving his heart to get the win.... (Still learning to do...)
He shouldn't worry about what Cal will tell him. He has to worry about mom.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Yeah, Bradshaw was the difference.

Reactions: LmdCat
I am glad we were able to close this one out. I will take a W, no matter how ugly, on the road in the SEC. The non-conference schedule just doesn't prepare a team for road ****ery and general BS in the SEC.

I will bet that FL doesn't have a shooting half like the first one against us the rest of the season. The second half was closer to their normal from outside.
Perhaps until they play at Rupp lol.

Reactions: FilsonCat
The kid makes 2000 great plays. Leads D1 categories in about every way imaginable but he's not High D1 level from one play? (That is what you are inferring.) If okay I will go with, he was caught up in the moment and was giving his heart to get the win.... (Still learning to do...) The kids a killer...
I'm not inferring that he's not a High level D1 player.

I'm was replying to "the coaches should have told him not to".

He made a mistake, it happens, and I don't think it was a foul anyway.

This UK team has some Killers. Those Killers learned today. The Killers will be more confident going forward. It was worth the grind. What they learn they remember and what they remember gives them confidence. Soon this team of Killers may become confident Killers... I can only hope....

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
hq720.jpg

Gator bait?

What I liked was pretty good coaching moves at the end. This seems different from the last several years. We had good counters for when Florida changed and stopped the drive. Florida really did play very good defense for most of the game. I'm so glad we can play up tempo without tons of turnovers. I thought we had a lot but we only had 9. We had a lot of near turnovers towards the end with the freshmen but they will learn from this game. Learning from a win is much more fun than learning from a loss.
Good post. But ….

This is where a zone defense in your arsenal is a good fit. Can’t let them just drive down the middle of the court.

So a dude shouldn’t play defense because the ref might call a foul. It’s on the ref to make the correct call. That was a blatant bad call.

Should Reed have left him? Sure. But he decided to make a block and did. And was punished for it. If I’m call I walk by that ref after the win and not so subtly say “Bite me asshole”.
The simple answer is no, you don’t play defense. You don’t contest a shot that could tie the game with a foul. It’s not hard to understand. 3 points cannot hurt you, 4 points can tie the game. Only one way to get 4 points and that is to foul someone shooting a 3. If you ever made fun of Louisville losing to Virgina a few years back then you know this to be true, no sense defending something that doesn’t need defending. It was a boneheaded play.

The simple answer is no, you don’t play defense. You don’t contest a shot that could tie the game with a foul. It’s not hard to understand. 3 points cannot hurt you, 4 points can tie the game. Only one way to get 4 points and that is to foul someone shooting a 3. If you ever made fun of Louisville losing to Virgina a few years back then you know this to be true, no sense defending something that doesn’t need defending. It was a boneheaded play.
Almost like a play a freshman would make?

Shocker.

Almost like a play a freshman would make?

Shocker.
Shep separates his play from other freshmen with his IQ, no reason to rehash the play but you won’t let the defense of it die but it was a low IQ play which is not typical of his play. Think he would be the first to tell you how dumb it was off him.

Someone get 'The Journey' video done for this game right away and inject it into my veins! Already looking forward to it.

For sure the big difference is I own up when I’m wrong a lot of others don’t

I feel like the game thread is fine. Maybe a quote here or there for hyucks, but we all get riled up a little. Especially if it's a close game.

It's the numb nuts that create a whole new thread for a bitch, calling a loss and lobbing insults with 38 minutes left.

Maybe it's the same thing, but to me it just seems different.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I feel like the game thread is fine. Maybe a quote here or there for hyucks, but we all get riled up a little. Especially if it's a close game.

It's the numb nuts that create a whole new thread for a bitch, calling a loss and lobbing insults with 38 minutes left.

Maybe it's the same thing, but to me it just seems different.
Agree. I created that stupid thread 3 weeks ago and I realize how stupid it was I got caught up in the heat of the moment, but I don’t create other threads outside of the game during the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT