ADVERTISEMENT

***Kentucky at Florida Offical Game Thread***

I'm not really sure we played like crap.

The game basically played out the way everything suggested it would coming into it. Florida was always going to grab their fair share of boards. They went nuts from 3 in the first half but came back to earth in the second since they aren't a great 3 point shooting team to begin with.

Either team could have stretched the lead by making more free throws but UF is a horrible FT shooting team coming into the game.

I dunno........line was what 1 point...........we won by 2 lol. We basically did as expected.

F these $EC refs...tastes like chicken...

gator-killer.png

After hearing that 88% of bettors took UK, but the big money came in on the Gators, I just felt no way UK was going to be allowed to win this game. Huge win.

Reactions: UKUGA
I don't give a good dump what the stat lines showed. Reed played afraid today and DJ stepped up and played like someone who had no fear of the moment which is what it takes to win in March

I think both contributed tho. Wagner had a great second half. Reed didn't play his best game obviously but he knocked them down in the clutch in a game where we missed a ton of free throws.

Also props to Bradshaw hitting that big 3.

I mean if that game somehow goes to overtime how do the refs explain allowing the man inbounding the ball to be 2 feet on the court, then calling a foul on a cleanly blocked 3? Textbook display of how bad college refs truly are.
I thought he stepped his foot out of bounds before throwing so no issue there. The foul call on the 3 should have never happened. 1) it was clean 2) the dumbest play you will likely ever see Shep make. No reason to even give the ref a chance to call a foul there. Let him shoot it uncontested, if it goes in so what. Games likely over with a one point win. At most there may have been a half second left. Just can’t give the other team life like that.

As everyone on this board knows, there is no bigger Reed Sheppard fan on this board than me, but today he didn't bring it when it was clear the team needed him. There is a time to pass and there is a time to put the team on your back. Shep didn't even really attempt to go on the offensive when the team needed it. I am sorry if some of you don't like it, but the truth is the truth. Part of being a star is playing like one when the team needs you. Poster were critical of DJ and Edwards missed shots, but at least they weren't afraid to miss some shots.

Last edited:
I thought he stepped his foot out of bounds before throwing so no issue there. The foul call on the 3 should have never happened. 1) it was clean 2) the dumbest play you will likely ever see Shep make. No reason to even give the ref a chance to call a foul there. Let him shoot it uncontested, if it goes in so what. Games likely over with a one point win. At most there may have been a half second left. Just can’t give the other time life like that.
I’m never going to fuss at a player trying to make a defense play especially Shep. That was a cheating ass call. It was clean. Shame on them for attack our Kentucky boy with that BA. Ogelsby officially on the list.

Reactions: BBUK
As anyone on this board knows, there is no bigger Reed Sheppard fan on this board than me, but today he didn't bringing when it was clear the team needed him. There is a time to pass and there is a time to put the team on your back. Shep didn't even really attempt go on the offensive when the team needed it. I am sorry if some of you don't like it, but the truth is the truth. Part of being a star is playing like one when the team needs you. Poster were critical of DJ and Edwards missed shots, but it least they weren't afraid to miss some shots.
I respect your opinion, but I feel that he makes other players better. Our offense drops off when he is not in the game.

Well, he ain’t Larry Bird, but he played a hell of a game down the stretch!
As I stated, he hit those big free throws. Just so I am clear, I am not upset with him because not doing something well; I am upset because offensively he was invisible. If you are going to be the man, take the shots even if you don't make them because a bad shot from him is better than a good shot by some of the others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT