ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Arkansas (Game 1)

I'm getting an unsettling feeling that this team right now is looking like Missouri (I think it was) last year where they started out hot but got there with a weak preseason and didn't perform that well the rest of the season. We are going to have to step up against the good competition and we haven't.

That's a little too doom and gloomish. We won the series against Tech, who was undefeated and ranked 3rd and also swept Houston against some very solid tournament type teams. We've lost inexplicable games and then lost one strong one to Tech and probably this one.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Didn’t we just take 2 out of 3 against a high ranked Tex Tech team?

Maybe it’s just a bad night.
Yes, but our pitching got beat up pretty well by Texas Tech. Our offense won that series.

Ugh... every time they need a strike they get a generous one. Often seems to be the first of an at bat that helps throw off the entire at bat.

Pompey line drive into right center for a double to score one!!!

Reactions: sluggercatfan
8-4 with runners at second and third. I feel like Dawson should have scored there though. Ball almost got to the wall.

Becker hitting from the left side.

McGeorge give up leadoff single. Then hits a batter. Some controversy because he was bunting and it hit his hand.

They are reviewing. They award him first. Easy call. Mingione is terrible at reviews.

Ugh... wild pitch advanced the runner to third. He gets a strikeout though. First out. Chance at a double play here.

McGeorge going to walk the next guy. He's not even close on three pitches before getting a fast ball down Broadway. He walked him.

Pop out in foul territory to first to end the inning. Only one hit that inning and they get a run. That is what we aren't getting.

Well this was just frustrating and ugly. The first pitch defined this game. UK falls 9-4

Schaenzer tomorrow?

I'll be super mad if we go to Brad tomorrow. You either go to Machamer or Haake. Might risk going with Brad if we won tonight, but needing a win there's just no way. He already has two of our losses on the year... the bad ones... that's enough for me to say no.

I'll be super mad if we go to Brad tomorrow. You either go to Machamer or Haake. Might risk going with Brad if we won tonight, but needing a win there's just no way. He already has two of our losses on the year... the bad ones... that's enough for me to say no.
Agree CB3...he needs to start and hopefully keep the rest of these guys off the mound. That being said , it was a team loss and Ark pitching staff needs to take HP ump out for a steak...on to tomorrow.

We just have to rebound and be more competitive overall. One thing we had a year ago was a no quit attitude and I'm not sure this team has that as much. I think they are a bit more apt to be like me and lose focus when frustrated. I think we saw that tonight and even in game three of Tech series. And heck even in our midweek losses.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
We got 4 lefties on our roster. One is starter Thompson who is hurt but would have pitched tomorrow. Scheanzer is a senior midweek starter that's struggled. Hazelwood is a freshman that's been solid. He'll pitch sometime this weekend in relief. Miller is a junior transfer that I believe is redshirting.
Heard Thompson is hurt and the freshman, Hill just had surgery on the hand.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Do y'all know of any bars in Lexington that show the baseball games? Can't say I've ever seen any that would except maybe Winchells and I'm sure on a day like today the odds are even less likely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT