ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne Says No To U6 Job.

"doesn't plan to" and "won't" are 2 totally different things. And that is fine, that is the answer he should give.
U6 has a coach. KP has a job, a team, to focus on. Shame on the media for asking that question until BOTH, U6 has a HC opening, AND UK's season is over.

I think (or at least would like to think) that most UK fans would not fault KP if he left for that job. It is his home city, his alma-mater, and a pretty good job for a first HC job (even with the recent issues). Could it even reduce the level of hate between the 2 fan bases (which IMO starts with the fans of the inferior program, UK fan hate mostly seems as a retaliation). I personally wouldn't mind seeing that level of hate go away, and let it focus more on UNCheat & Duke, and maybe even IF UL got good again see a UK & UL vs UNCheat & Duke Big 4 annual event.

Didn't he grow up in Mississippi?

"doesn't plan to" and "won't" are 2 totally different things. And that is fine, that is the answer he should give.
U6 has a coach. KP has a job, a team, to focus on. Shame on the media for asking that question until BOTH, U6 has a HC opening, AND UK's season is over.

I think (or at least would like to think) that most UK fans would not fault KP if he left for that job. It is his home city, his alma-mater, and a pretty good job for a first HC job (even with the recent issues). Could it even reduce the level of hate between the 2 fan bases (which IMO starts with the fans of the inferior program, UK fan hate mostly seems as a retaliation). I personally wouldn't mind seeing that level of hate go away, and let it focus more on UNCheat & Duke, and maybe even IF UL got good again see a UK & UL vs UNCheat & Duke Big 4 annual event.

I thought he was from Mississippi !

There's already a rumor that Jordan Nwora will transfer at the end of the season. [laughing] It's JANUARY. Who in the world would want to coach that dumpster-fire?

With all of the lawsuits pending against U6 right now, then I'm not even sure they could afford to pay a high-quality coach. Not even sure they could pay Payne more than UK does now.

Louisville will do better then K Payne. And if Nwora transfers who cares. Padgett isn't giving him or Thomas mins in the rotation. As much of a mess U6 is in they do have the money and the venue and tradition. They'll make a great hire when its time. Just my opinion, so juneau

False. So you juneua, the insurance UofL has to protect itself from lawsuits like Pitino's against the school isn't covered in their two policies. #TheyBeBrokeIfTheyLose

Nwora was considered one of the best shooters in the 2017 class. Lance Thomas is a good player too. Not their fault they signed with Pitino/Jurich/Adidas and a part-time coach. I think they should stay... not like they are going to be recruited over.

Jmo. :popcorn:

False. So you juneua, the insurance UofL has to protect itself from lawsuits like Pitino's against the school isn't covered in their two policies. #TheyBeBrokeIfTheyLose

Nwora was considered one of the best shooters in the 2017 class. Lance Thomas is a good player too. Not their fault they signed with Pitino/Jurich/Adidas and a part-time coach. I think they should stay... not like they are going to be recruited over.

Jmo. :popcorn:

Pitino won't win his lawsuit. They may settle, but for far less. Nwora can shoot, but no D. Kids are playing better in front of him. Thomas isn't physically ready to contribute. Those kids all came to play for Pitino, so if any or all of them leave I wouldn't blame them.

Truth

I'm having a hard enough time not hating David Padgett. If Kenny took the job, and who could blame him if he did, I wouldn't go out to buy season tickets...but I might at least pull for HIM when he isnt playing us. Bringing in some Crum influence and cleaning out all the disgusting Pitino/Jurich influence would be a good thing for them.

Personally I hope Kenny makes a lot of money at UK as Cal's assistant. Enough to keep him happy and in Blue... But he should do what is best for him and his family.

Reactions: Kentucky31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT