ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne might not make it through the season

Nah! Cal turd was compared to Nick Saban. Look at Nick Saban’s coaching tree compared to Cal Turd’s. Sometimes it’s relevant and sometimes it’s not.

My guess is that he will be let go around Christmas time. Extra practices, more time for new coach to change culture, etc... They are a complete mess.

Reactions: Fox2monk
You might want to talk to Scotty Davenport about this. He said RP let the assistants do stuff in practice but during games it was all RP. One of the reasons SD took the Bellarmine job.
I think that is the way it should be. Once the game starts, I'm in charge. But, if you let them spread their wings in practice developing and coming up with ideas that the head coach implements in games that is a good thing.

I would still take Kenny back.Some guys seem to be good assistants and not for the pressure of the head guy.
This, he helped several players be prepared to succeed at the NBA level. Some coaches work best one on one, Payne may be able to teach a guy the nuances of playing center, footwork, blocking out, rebounding, timing blocked shot opportunities, getting shots off down low, all that stuff, but when it comes to broader X's & O's breaking down a defensive scheme to be able to diagram plays and get 5 players to execute it, is a whole different level that some guys just aren't cut out for.

This, he helped several players be prepared to succeed at the NBA level. Some coaches work best one on one, Payne may be able to teach a guy the nuances of playing center, footwork, blocking out, rebounding, timing blocked shot opportunities, getting shots off down low, all that stuff, but when it comes to broader X's & O's breaking down a defensive scheme to be able to diagram plays and get 5 players to execute it, is a whole different level that some guys just aren't cut out for.
We dont know that for sure. Theres nothing that says Kenny is great doing anything, considering what a terrible job he's doing at UL. I have a sneaky suspicion he sucks all the way around....career wise. He seems like a nice guy tho.

I think he will know, they are playing much improved. He just needs 3-4 more classes to have the time to change the culture! They can easily get over .500 by then. If they fire him now they won’t win over 4 games for a long time. Total culture reset and players will leave. Can’t have that. Plus the buyout and cost of a new coach and assistants. That would put a nail in the Cardinals program. We can’t have that. Kenny is doing a phenomenal job. They just won a game in OT. Playing so good they fouled ouT the entire team with the offense they play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT