ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne might not make it through the season

Payne will get paid a lot of money by ul and probably go back to the nba. He knew what he was getting into at ul, but I didn’t expect it to be this bad.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
Huh? His coaching tree is terrible. Arguably the best coach of all time has a bad coaching tree. So how does his comment make any sense? He’s hinting that Cal sucks because his coaching tree sucks. So I guess that means Belicheck sucks too by his own definition. Derp.
I didn’t even reply to your guys stuff it was a totally different poster. I think you are drunk.

I didn’t even reply to your guys stuff it was a totally different poster. I think you are drunk.

WTF is your problem? You responded “what” to one of my posts, I explained it and you are now saying im drunk because you couldn’t understand my post. Get lost.

I feel bad for him. He is in WAY over his head. I took a head coaching job back in the 90's and I knew I had no chance to turn it around. 4 years in I was miserable and wanted out. It took 10 years removed from the situation to see it. Take the money and run Kenny!

I personally like Payne, met him a couple of times, very sharp guy. I think he BADLY understimated how bad the situation he was getting into really was.

Reactions: jrpross
When Kenny gets the axe he'll dry his tears with U6's $100 bills.

22419599157_eb737098be.jpg

I personally like Payne, met him a couple of times, very sharp guy. I think he BADLY understimated how bad the situation he was getting into really was.
With todays transfer rules, NIL's, transfer portal.....theres no way any coach should be as bad as he is at UL on year 2.
Its a failure, and now its just a matter of time- do they wait till the seasons over, or does Kenny quit mid season due to sooo much negative media attention and disgruntled fans?

Seems like Skyy Clark is a huge downgrade from El Ellis at the point.
5-17 0-4 3pt 4ast 4to.
Team high 34 min.
This kid is a 10-12 min backup on any top 25 team.

Joel Justus thought he was great. Tells you all you need to know about the kid’s abilities.

• Love
Reactions: seccats04
There are different types of leaders/bosses. Some insist on being in charge of everything and some empower their subordinates to take control and do their thing. I think that is why Cal has a bad coaching tree and Pitino has a good one. Cal is more of a dictator style coach, assigning certain duties to his assistants and limiting them to the task assigned. Kenny Payne was excellent at the duties he was assigned (developing big guys and dealing with the kids' on a personal level). Pitino has always encouraged his assistants to speak up and be a part of everything that was going on. I think they both have been successful in their separate methods. I know when I was working I was always more successful when I encouraged those working for me to spread their wings and quit asking me how to do things. Some managers, however, feel that if I'm the one that is going to get fired if we are unsuccessful, I want to make all of the decisions. They said Reagan was great at delegating. Some people in control have a hard time delegating.

Reactions: fcats
I feel bad for him. He is in WAY over his head. I took a head coaching job back in the 90's and I knew I had no chance to turn it around. 4 years in I was miserable and wanted out. It took 10 years removed from the situation to see it. Take the money and run Kenny!
What level of coaching was it? Just curious.

I can't believe UL not give the guy 3 years minimum to turn this around. If they fire him prior to that it's obvious a loud faction of their fanbase and boosters are racist.

Coaches are just different.

Lombardi has a horrible coaching tree.
Laundry a great one.

Obviously both great coaches with different styles. Most of their players will tell you their coach was the best.

Kenny isn’t just over his head, he needs to opt out of the coaching profession at this point and become an analyst or something.

WTF is your problem? You responded “what” to one of my posts, I explained it and you are now saying im drunk because you couldn’t understand my post. Get lost.
You must be drunk, you started this entire conversation dude. You replied to me. Read the thread in order and see where ya went wrong.

You replied to me here:

I bet we never hear that again.
You just proved my point! 6 Superbowls and can’t develop coach’s. Are you dense??

That response you quoted was my response to Mike D about Kenny Payne. Not some football discussion you had with another poster.

Lots of empty seats the whole night.

Their body language is terrible. They lolligag the whole game.

Interesting stat at the start of the game, if i remember correctly.
The team started the game 2 of 10 from the floor, Clark was 2 of 9..........

There are different types of leaders/bosses. Some insist on being in charge of everything and some empower their subordinates to take control and do their thing. I think that is why Cal has a bad coaching tree and Pitino has a good one. Cal is more of a dictator style coach, assigning certain duties to his assistants and limiting them to the task assigned. Kenny Payne was excellent at the duties he was assigned (developing big guys and dealing with the kids' on a personal level). Pitino has always encouraged his assistants to speak up and be a part of everything that was going on. I think they both have been successful in their separate methods. I know when I was working I was always more successful when I encouraged those working for me to spread their wings and quit asking me how to do things. Some managers, however, feel that if I'm the one that is going to get fired if we are unsuccessful, I want to make all of the decisions. They said Reagan was great at delegating. Some people in control have a hard time delegating.
You might want to talk to Scotty Davenport about this. He said RP let the assistants do stuff in practice but during games it was all RP. One of the reasons SD took the Bellarmine job.

Louisville should legit be 0-2, tre white tackled that UMBC player on the rebound and the ref just stood there and did nothing.

Kenny isn’t just over his head, he needs to opt out of the coaching profession at this point and become an analyst or something.
Dude can’t even complete a sentence- he ain’t going to TV
This was a decision to hire because the former African American players at UofL demanded a former African American player be head Coach
Payne was there pick
Jerry Eaves & Butch Beard led the charge but every former player wanted Payne including Griffith
No thought at the time that Payne had never led a program - just wanted a AA & former player
They got what they wanted - even gave riveting speeches of support of Payne at Crums funeral
Now they will have to pay him to leave

Reactions: UKAlum88
He will be fired pretty soon Id say. Guy named Artificial Intelligence is looking for a job I hear.
try that. Be cutting edge
Off topic, but as silly as that sounds i wondered if you could have an AI system that would tell you specifically what play to run for each set. Have the coach teach the execution of plays needed in practice, and then during the game, the AI system calls the plays based on players on the court, time left, score and a litany of other variables.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT