ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne might not make it through the season

Kenny is too soft. I said it last year - l know someone who was a consultant for the basketball program and he told me the coaches hardly pointed out mistakes, let dudes just do their own thing in practice a lot of the time, etc.
That’s ridiculous, this is big time athletics. Even practices should be taped and dissected on film sometimes.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
if they fire payne this early in the season, what coach in his right mind would want the job. that will be the 2 last coaches fired before december......aaaaaahhhhhh LOOSERVILLE THE GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING ALL YEAR LONG.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I want to see many more memes and many more ''Paine-ful" euphemisms before we've called it done with Kenny there.

tough spot for a good guy to be in, there. My best wishes go with him, but unfortunately, cannot with the prorgam.

You knew he was going to be a terrible head coach. He’s a real good assistant working individually with players, helping them grow mentally, being on their side when Cal has them down and his good natured personality helps reel in recruits.

if they fire payne this early in the season, what coach in his right mind would want the job. that will be the 2 last coaches fired before december......aaaaaahhhhhh LOOSERVILLE THE GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING ALL YEAR LONG.
Did a bit of schadenfreude on one of the UL boards. One poster suggested Bob Huggins as an interim coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk

Huh? His coaching tree is terrible. Arguably the best coach of all time has a bad coaching tree. So how does his comment make any sense? He’s hinting that Cal sucks because his coaching tree sucks. So I guess that means Belicheck sucks too by his own definition. Derp.

I know people assume you're just a Cal hater, but this is just a fact. Barbee, Pastner, Antigua, Payne. All were/are below average head coaches.
That's because, in general, Cal does with coaches what he does with players - with few exceptions, he manages, rather than develops them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT