ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Payne ...Time to Come Back Home

Galbpt02

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2012
I don't think Kenny Payne has much time left at UofL - would welcome him back onto the staff when he is let go. What a staff we already have and then you add him back into the mix it might be the best ever assembled by Cal.

Good luck to UL because they are going to need it. That program was a mess before KP took it over. Fire a guy after only 1.5 seasons. Yea, you're going to probably doing it again in less than 4 seasons.

I don't think Kenny Payne has much time left at UofL - would welcome him back onto the staff when he is let go. What a staff we already have and then you add him back into the mix it might be the best ever assembled by Cal.
Meh.

Reactions: mailman85
How do you even know that? Wasn't he the assistant during the losing season a few years ago? And for most of our current slump. And now he proves he has no coaching ability whatsoever and people want him back?
He was an assistant from 2010-2020 here. And he was hired by the Knicks afterwards.

He wasn't the problem. IIRC he was an excellent teacher for the bigs.

I don't know enough about the new AD to know if he's the type to fire a guy 1.5 season in, but I know he and KP both walked into an athletic department that had lots of issues.

They're lucky the ACC is hot garbage and Brohm is a native son who only took the gig because it's home...otherwise it'd be really ugly over there.

I tend to error on the side of 3 years for most coaches. I think KP should get another season, especially if he can get a decent recruiting class. Who knows though, they're a funny lot in Da Ville. They've always been a bit holy for their collar.

Cal has his best staff maybe ever at UK, no way you mess with it
It wouldn't be shocking to see Coleman take a shot at being a HC somewhere, Flint could take another try at it as well. Ulis might move up somewhere. Especially if we do big things this year.

Louisville will not be bare next season if Payne is still there. They have some solid guards. They've played all month without the 7ft 1 freshmen who was rated 25th in the class. Been out because of shoulder injury that he's had for a while.

Hatfield will be a Sr next season
James will be a Jr.
Clark will be a Jr.
White will be a Jr
Johnson a Soph

They played without Traynor tonight and the 4th game in a row.

Louisville is far from bare. Giving a coach 18 months is just asinine.

It wouldn't be shocking to see Coleman take a shot at being a HC somewhere, Flint could take another try at it as well. Ulis might move up somewhere. Especially if we do big things this year.
Next year? Very possible. I'd like to see Ulis move up the ranks at UK and not somewhere else.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Some like Payne, some don’t.
But, by all means, let’s be sure to belittle and degrade each other here if someone has an opinion other than yourself.

Reactions: westerncat
How do you even know that? Wasn't he the assistant during the losing season a few years ago? And for most of our current slump. And now he proves he has no coaching ability whatsoever and people want him back?
Jesus himself couldn’t coach that non talented bunch to a winning season. Why do you think KP or anyone else could?????

Going to Pass on Kenny, he needs to head back to the NBA. Plus looks like he might have been in the problem with free throws, his team sucks and ours is good.

I think it would be a bad look for Payne to go back to UK

nor do I think UK should take him

Go back to the pro's, go coach an Austin Peay level school, go be an assistant for a major P5 other than Kentucky
I don’t, imagine how long UofL fans will claim that the entire thing was a setup to further out UofL in the dumpster forever. It will eat at them forever. That’s worth a roster spot to me.

I don’t, imagine how long UofL fans will claim that the entire thing was a setup to further out UofL in the dumpster forever. It will eat at them forever. That’s worth a roster spot to me.
that doesn't do much for Payne as a coach or person. UL gave him his shot at glory. Going back to their rival doesn't show much gratitude

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT