ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny may have coached his last game for UoL.

Only fans born before the 90’a will understand this but to me, the KP hire by Louisville was similar to the Cincinnnati Reds hiring Tony Perez as manager in “93. Enormously popular with the fan base. A huge part in championships as a player. Emotional hire. But….wasn’t suited to be a manager. Didn’t possess the skills to make the right moves strategically and personnel wise. First experience as the manager/head coach. They fired Tony after 44 games.
That’s a good analogy. I hated that Perez wasn’t meant to coach the Reds, but lord it was a terrible hire.

Reactions: Woodsmoke
I don’t think most here have watched the games and fully realize just how bad Louisville is

It’s an all-systems failure of historical proportions. They struggled against Simons, lost to KW, gifted a 1 point win over UMBC by refs and then got dominated by an awful Chattanooga team. They’re likely worse than last season but may eek out 2-4 more wins from cupcake scheduling. The coaching, game plan, and defensive scheme are the worst you will EVER see at the P5 level

Recruiting has completely cratered as well. They have 2 zero stars on scholarship, only commit for ‘24 is a 3* that still hasn’t signed since signing day and all the rest of their active scholly offers for ‘24 and ‘25 are for complete no-name 3*s and below

I hate to say this but the mistake here was KP’s. He never should have accepted a job in the rectum of college basketball. I hope he gets another chance at a more respectable program.

Reactions: dl51344
Kenny is in a good position… take the buyout (for whatever it’s worth), put the money in treasuries pegged to inflation and live off the interest earned… he will do very well for himself and his family….

Just my 2¢

AlohaCat

Come on UL, he has you back to .500 for the first time in 4 years! You don't fire the guy for that, you give him an extension! Just copy Jimbo's contract, write in Kenny's name and let's get this done today. You gotta lock this guy down before he beats 0-3 Coppin State and suddenly every school in the country is after your coach who wins .66% of his games.
I know! He needs at least 10 years in this day and age to get it going. Keep him for life.

Reactions: Mulder14
Kenny is in a good position… take the buyout (for whatever it’s worth), put the money in treasuries pegged to inflation and live off the interest earned… he will do very well for himself and his family….

Just my 2¢

AlohaCat
And buy a boat and go fishing.

I'm not sure why they didn't just fire him at the end of last season then. Why wait only a couple of games into the 2nd season to shitcan him? It makes no sense at this point. You might as well ride out the season now. This season isn't salvage now.
Because the entire university is classless......

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
What coach or should i say decent coach in their right mind would take that job a looserville if they fire KP this early in the season. that will make the last 2 head coaches there fired before December. if they fire him, then i hope coach Cal gets him to sit on the bench with the Ky team when they go to Louisville to play them. talk about a real rub it in. hahaha

Maybe the players were,nt as good as you thought they were. Remember Skal and Gimel? both 5 stars. Remember Khalil whitney? 5 star. Ryan Harrow? 4 star and I could go on....
Louisville has lost to Kentucky Weslyn and Chattanooga so far this season. You think they have better rosters than Louisville? And Cal spent the majority of the season attempting to make Skal a back the basket center. Beyond that, it is the coach that is supposed to evaluate the talent and decide to recruit them or not. Players don't recruit themselves.

On paper UofL should be able to attract a top 20 coach. They have the facilities, play in the ACC and have a very respectable history (last 5 or so years not withstanding). UofL has simply made some terrible coaching hires. And that's something that scares me about the next UK bball coach. I'm ready for Calipari to move on, retire or whatever but, it terrifies me that Barnhart will be involved to at least some extent in hiring his successor. God help us if we ever find ourselves losing to Bellarmine or KW.

KP just another basketball coach who should have never left UK.

There is no place to go but down when you leave the premier basketball program in the nation.

On paper UofL should be able to attract a top 20 coach. They have the facilities, play in the ACC and have a very respectable history (last 5 or so years not withstanding). UofL has simply made some terrible coaching hires. And that's something that scares me about the next UK bball coach. I'm ready for Calipari to move on, retire or whatever but, it terrifies me that Barnhart will be involved to at least some extent in hiring his successor. God help us if we ever find ourselves losing to Bellarmine or KW.
Or Evansville

Louisville is back to WKU status soon. The football program might make top 10 this week but then go to Miami Saturday. They are done and the basketball team is done and the season is starting this week.
Miami is 6-4 and unranked. It’s not a huge step up in competition from the rest of their pathetic schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT