ADVERTISEMENT

Karter Knox to Arkansas

Perfect game plan against Cal ... when he yells gooooooo , immediately run straight up in the face of his players, until last week of feb they wont know what the f*** to do since he takes that long to go over basketball plays for dummies with the team.

So y’all didn’t want Knox but welcome some bench guy from BYU and/or a kid from Illinois who couldn’t get more than 10 mins a game, with praise? The spin is getting above and beyond even normal sunshine pumping/homer spin. Not flaming, it’s just kind of weird to watch, respectfully.
A quality basketball team needs more than a collection of mismatched 5 stars.

So y’all didn’t want Knox but welcome some bench guy from BYU and/or a kid from Illinois who couldn’t get more than 10 mins a game, with praise? The spin is getting above and beyond even normal sunshine pumping/homer spin. Not flaming, it’s just kind of weird to watch, respectfully.
In this case there is no spin. A lot of people on here didn’t want him before he committed to Kentucky.

Cal's gonna sell his cell phone full of NBA connections and kids are going to bite. Cal is going to use Arkansas just like he used UK as his ONLY goal is to fill the NBA with his recruits and be able to go to any arena he wants to in his golden years and watch them play. His goals flat out don't allign with winning in college and now with older teams via the portal, he's just not going to win with Freshman nor does he care.

Last edited:
Even in his statement today. When asked about why he chose Arkansas, he said because Cal was the guy talking all about “how to make him a pro.” Nothing about team goals, nothing about Arkansas itself.

I’ve had quite enough of that mentality after Cal’s 15 years here. Let Hog fans deal with it now.
I’ve been having fun with Arkansas fans lately on different platforms. They are so excited to be mentioned with players and think they will be the big school in college BB now. I’m like just wait. BBN knows exactly how your season will go, I could post it right here so you can come back next March and revisit it, but I’m guessing after it happens you won’t be so gung Ho.

Look man, I get you're probably excited about having Cal as your coach, but you don't understand what you've gotten yourself into. Memphis tried to warn us. They said we'd hate him by the time he left and we laughed, but they were exactly right. Heed the warning. Cal doesn't give a shit about winning games for your program. You deserve better.

I'm not gonna knock the players that bolted. They were all Calboys and could care less about UK but I'm glad it's all Arkansas problem now. The Hogs may see a slight uptick from Crapapari to begin with but he will show up with his massive ego and non coaching ways before March.
For years on here the latest 5 star we recruited was the greatest thing since sliced bread. When some of us advocated for more experience and less roster turnover every year, it was met with sarcasm or ridicule but eventually it was shown that you can't be a threat with all freshmen who are surrounded by a coach that throws the ball out and is more concerned with draft night.
Thank goodness that bullshit is over.

You can go back to his recruiting threads over the last year here and see not many were fans of his. we already had his brother who underachieved, it’s not a new revelation. We have had 15 players just like him, we already know how it will turn out. Now if you wanna talk about Fland, JQ, or even Richmond then we can have a discussion because most wanted and still would like them.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
it is not going to matter
Cal will keep recruiting players that he thinks will help
So, that's a new thing Calipari has now instituted at Ark? Because if he actually tried to recruit top portal transfers that were very likely better than, and likely to show up, his incoming freshmen while he was at UK (you know, beyond "reaching out") then he was terrible at it.

I can't speak for anybody else here, although I think others might agree with me, but I just want the players that have the most impact on winning. And yes, I think Richie Sauders - even as a role player off the bench - may well have (even may probably have) a bigger impact on winning at UK next season than what Karter Knox would have. It matters not to me how much pro potential Knox has, how high he might be drafted by an NBA team after next season (maybe regardless of how he impacts Ark's team), or that in a few years he's a much better pro player than Saunders ever could be. Knox is playing one year in college, and during that one freshman year he will likely be inferior to most every other starting SF upperclassman in the Big 12/SEC (and almost certainly inferior to every such 2G). Relying on freshmen to carry your team is a recipe for failure - and under Calipari that situation was forced upon the team by design.

I can't speak for anybody else here, although I think others might agree with me, but I just want the players that have the most impact on winning. And yes, I think Richie Sauders - even as a role player off the bench - may well have (even may probably have) a bigger impact on winning at UK next season than what Karter Knox would have. It matters not to me how much pro potential Knox has, how high he might be drafted by an NBA team after next season (maybe regardless of how he impacts Ark's team), or that in a few years he's a much better pro player than Saunders ever could be. Knox is playing one year in college, and during that one freshman year he will likely be inferior to most every other starting SF upperclassman in the Big 12/SEC (and almost certainly inferior to every such 2G). Relying on freshmen to carry your team is a recipe for failure - and under Calipari that situation was forced upon the team by design.
Man I don’t disagree 1 and dones as a whole have a limited window to succeed and it’s not the best formula. I concede and understand the point generally speaking. That said if you’re telling me you’d rather have the kid from Illinois that averaged 4 points a game over Karter Knox, then either you’re not being honest or man y’all are in real trouble going forward.

I'm not gonna knock the players that bolted. They were all Calboys and could care less about UK but I'm glad it's all Arkansas problem now. The Hogs may see a slight uptick from Crapapari to begin with but he will show up with his massive ego and non coaching ways before March.
For years on here the latest 5 star we recruited was the greatest thing since sliced bread. When some of us advocated for more experience and less roster turnover every year, it was met with sarcasm or ridicule but eventually it was shown that you can't be a threat with all freshmen who are surrounded by a coach that throws the ball out and is more concerned with draft night.
Thank goodness that bullshit is over.

The guys we sign don't care about UK either. It's all about money.

Burke, Cyril , Richmond, Wagner , Fland, JQ, to follow…
I gotta give you credit. You got most of the names right. Now you got to edit Burke to Burks. But Flanders was funny; you should have left that one.

The guys we sign don't care about UK either. It's all about money.
I agree, your right but I'm anxious to see after the season is over if most bolt for greener pastures or do we get some back. That will tell me if we are recruiting the players that fit.
Its a shame that this is now nothing more than free agency at its worse.

Is he getting twice what UK had offered in NIL? ...... I didn't think so.

I’ve been having fun with Arkansas fans lately on different platforms. They are so excited to be mentioned with players and think they will be the big school in college BB now. I’m like just wait. BBN knows exactly how your season will go, I could post it right here so you can come back next March and revisit it, but I’m guessing after it happens you won’t be so gung Ho.
Yup... I remember the excitement in the beginning.

Then reality set in.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Man I don’t disagree 1 and dones as a whole have a limited window to succeed and it’s not the best formula. I concede and understand the point generally speaking. That said if you’re telling me you’d rather have the kid from Illinois that averaged 4 points a game over Karter Knox, then either you’re not being honest or man y’all are in real trouble going forward.
We’ve had plenty of Karter Knoxes on our team for the last 15 years. We know who they are and how they play. No thanks, he’s all yours.

Reactions: ukfan041
We know the feeling….huh?

“It kind of makes sense. He got my big brother to the league; he can make me go to the league.” Yessiree, that is a Cal recruit.

Good God. Your brother was the best player on a bad team, by UK standards. And Cal didn't get him to the league. That kid could have went anywhere, and made the league.

Was one of my least favorite recruits in some time. Not his fault, just seemed like the prototypical Cal recruit we all began to hate. Athletic, not super skilled, couldn’t give a shit less about UK, ready to go pro at earliest opportunity.

culture, culture, culture. Cal is the ****in' worst.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
You have no idea of the BS you are in for with Cal.

It won’t take long to rise to the surface. And this is all not even counting his horrific in game coaching.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Even if Arkansas gets alot of the players they're expecting to get he's probably still their best shooter. Cal recruited a bunch of brick layers this year.
And his butt will be parked in the paint, where seven footers belong, by cracky!

Kevin Knox was mid.
His brother seems similar.
I didn't want him from jump street.
His familial priors would guarantee that🐄 wouldn't want to take his heart.

Reactions: ThrowBackCat9
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Reactions: Pmalone6719
Even if Arkansas gets alot of the players they're expecting to get he's probably still their best shooter. Cal recruited a bunch of brick layers this year.
Can't shoot and is a tweener size wise. unless he shoots the ball significantly better than he has in the past, he's destined for the G League then Hertz rental car.
Glad we didn't get him and Arky can have fun watching him take playing time from someone who can shoot!!
We've been to this movie!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT