ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Duke

Coach K is a great coach and great motivator. His m2m defense was once incredible (not anymore with OAD as only Coach Calipari has been able to get OAD players to play tough m2m) and his players shoot 3s better than any team I have ever seen. He has also brought us both the defensive and offensive flop, has been unwilling to discipline GA which has led to more issues, and constantly harangues officials with language unbecoming a leader of men. All coaches have good and bad to them.

So strategy to beat Duke is basically don’t guard the big until inside of 10-12 feet.

Who’s better? It’s K and it’s now even close. Any UK, KU, even UNC fan will admit it.

Nope.

And until Jimmy V died he would have been a lot better than K by now had he stayed out of trouble, but seeing as how the NCAA avoids punishing those programs, they'd probably have gotten past his slime.

K is benefiting from really bad competition and the ability to sign kids that cant get eligible anywhere else. It matters.

Adolph Rupp won more titles than 4 when it comes down to it and helped invent the style of basketball that resembles todays game. I think Rupp was far more revolutionary and better.

Pitino messed up his career but he is a better coach who, had he stayed put, would be the coach of this generation.

K didn't leave Duke and has nearly been there half a century. He also receives selective enforcement and is allowed to do things others simply aren't. He also gets the benefit of easy whistles.

I also think it's important to look at who adapts to who. K adapted to Pitino's style, Pitino didn't adapt to his. K adapted to Cal's style, Cal didn't adapt to his.

What coach can we name that has actually adapted to the Duke model?

None.

Wow refs did not wanna call tie up on either of those. We've had multiple subsecond jump balls called on us this year.

Reactions: blubo
If Kansas has a lead with under 7 to go, get ready for the Duke bench and coaches to whine like 4 year olds every time something goes against them.

Last year I thought Kennard was going to seriously start throwing a fit at the ref.

Grayson will try and hurt someone.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
If Kansas has a lead with under 7 to go, get ready for the Duke bench and coaches to whine like 4 year olds every time something goes against them.

Last year I thought Kennard was going to seriously start throwing a fit at the ref.

Cue K throwing the clip board and faking a heart attack on the sidelines and after he gets up he'll grab the PA mic and announce his retirement but will continue to coach the next 10 years

Reactions: morgousky
I don't really dislike Coach K.

Not sure if serious.

Duhon’s mom’s House mysteriously comes out of foreclosure after signing with Duke.
Duhon’s mom get sweet job in NC.
Maggette ineligible as testified to in court due to improper payments but NCAA says K couldn’t have known.
Bagley’s Story regarding house coming out of foreclosure and his dad on record as Nike paying their bills
The jewelry story for another player.

This doesn’t even touch the favorable whistle.

If he does, they should send in that big white guy from Kansas to clothesline him.

Reactions: blubo and morgousky
Of course they gave him that shit call. Trent leans way over to initiate contact. And they get away with everything. Fix is clearly in.

K is the modern day wooden from the untouchable aspect. NCAA didn’t do anything about Wooden and won’t about K.

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT