ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Duke

We aren’t rooting for Kansas, we are rooting against Duke. There is a distinct difference. The entire country hates duke and is waiting for coach K to choke again with a team that starts 5 players who will be drafted and 4 recruits in the top 10. It will be just like last year. Same song and dance.
I'd like to see you guys win it. I have great respect for Wright and the program. Good luck vs Tech.

I rarely root against teams, if Kansas loses I pretty much don't care who wins. I used to root hard against Dook but years ago I said "I'm 30 now. Why on earth am I doing this?" So I stopped.

I normally root for underdogs, so when, say, Gonzaga plays UNC for the title I root for Gonzaga. But I didn't really care much when they lost, didn't affect me.

Too much of a mature grownup to root against teams.. But not enough of one that you'd stay away from a rivals internet message board?

Best match up of the tournament. Rather see Bagley and Carter win this game since I always rather see highly ranked freshmen as long as I can. Duke likely losses imo due to the shooting of Kansas and Duke will stick in that zone since they can’t guard man. There will be some posters though thanks to Bagley, Carter and Azibuke

Yep pretty much. I don’t get invested enough to hating any team to root against them. Used to when I was younger but realized it’s not that serious and doesn’t really matter. Rather just see the most talented teams with NBA players play as long as possible in the tournament.

I rarely root against teams, if Kansas loses I pretty much don't care who wins. I used to root hard against Dook but years ago I said "I'm 30 now. Why on earth am I doing this?" So I stopped.

I normally root for underdogs, so when, say, Gonzaga plays UNC for the title I root for Gonzaga. But I didn't really care much when they lost, didn't affect me.

I am ok with any of the other 6 winning the title. Just not Kansas and Duke. However i would much prefer Kansas to win it rather than duke

Reactions: musrat59
F Dook! KU is more than capable of beating them. If you look at the teams KU beat this year next to Dook they are much more impressive. I can't stand KU, but they are 3rd on my list. KU will beat Dook and then lose to their next opponent in the choke fashion we love them for.

Reactions: dbav
We might be Vader, but there's still some good in us, it's complicated. Dook is pure evil and the emperor.
header_1296x729.jpg

I'm still convinced coach K sold his soul to the devil during the civil war. After being shot by the South and almost dead he made the deal.
hWULIMH.jpg

It's like picking between a punch to the stomach or a punch to the balls..I'll take the punch to the stomach..which is Kansas in this situation..they have less Titles than Duke.

Reactions: CalipariCapo
A little odd that 2 seed Duke is a 3.5 point favorite over 1 seed Kansas.

Last edited:
We might be Vader, but there's still some good in us, it's complicated. Dook is pure evil and the emperor.

I'm still convinced coach K sold his soul to the devil during the civil war. After being shot by the South and almost dead he made the deal.
hWULIMH.jpg

Kriz il lon ski?

I studied Polish and that's not even close to right. The best way to describe the pronunciation is "Ksh chef ski".

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Only good thing from that game is, one of them has to lose. Too close to call which one I prefer to lose more.

Yeah, I think Kansas is going to win unless they are just not hitting shots. I don't know if KU would play Azubuike and DeRosa or Lightfoot together or not, but they may have to against Bagley and Carter. Don't think they will play much zone though, so it could be a more high scoring game. If KU is hitting 3s, will Duke stay in the zone?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What is a choke? Is it anytime you lose in the Tourney? So, each season it's either win the NCAAT or don't make it to the Tourney 'cause you will choke otherwise?
I looked it up in the dictionary, there were two meanings for the word "Choke"
1) "see Michigan State's loss in 2016 NCAA basketball tournament"
2) "see Michigan State's loss in 2018 NCAA basketball tournament"

The reason I want Kansas to win Sunday over Duke is this is the best chance for Duke going down playing in Omaha which is 3 hours for Kansas fans. So, this is like a home game tomorrow for Kansas. Then in first game of Final Four I believe that NOVA will beat Kansas and then NOVA will go ahead and beat the Loyola Chicago vs. Florida State/Michigan winner for there 2nd championship in 3 years. We don't Duke or Kansas even going to the Monday night game. If Loyola Chicago continues to play like tonight and this entire tourney they could get to the Monday night game but will be beat by NOVA if NOVA makes it there.

Just bought a FSU & Loyola T-shirt so I have atleast 1 team in the Final Four which is nice.

Great thing about being a tee-shirt fan...while others spend four years and thousands of dollars to have a degree and get a nice paying job, you just buy a tee-shirt. The downsides no degree and job.

Great thing about being a tee-shirt fan...while others spend four years and thousands of dollars to have a degree and get a nice paying job, you just buy a tee-shirt. The downsides no degree and job.

you don’t need a degree to get a great paying job

Reactions: ukfan041
Will be interesting to see how the game is called between two programs who get arguably the most favorable whistle in the country along with UNCheat. Would be hilarious if Kansas won and Gracie tried to knock Self’s hair piece off in the handshake line.

Kansas better make everything and guard the three like crazy.

Let Bagley get his 30, but don't let Duke go off shooting threes.
If Kansas has a player like Pinson who can break their zone down, then pass off for easy baskets Dook will not beat them. UNC beat Dook twice and should have beaten them three times. Theo Pinson was the main reason.

Kansas has almost no shot to win. First, Coach Self is 2-8 in Regional Finals whereas Coach K is almost unbeatable. In addition, Kansas is not a particularly good outside shooting team and I am not sure they know how to pick apart Duke's zone defense. Lastly, Duke shot very poorly the last game and I don't expect a repeat. The only team that can stop Duke is Villanova.

Kansas has almost no shot to win. First, Coach Self is 2-8 in Regional Finals whereas Coach K is almost unbeatable. In addition, Kansas is not a particularly good outside shooting team and I am not sure they know how to pick apart Duke's zone defense. Lastly, Duke shot very poorly the last game and I don't expect a repeat. The only team that can stop Duke is Villanova.

you said Kansas is not a good outside shooting team? i believe they are shooting over 40% from 3 as a team this year and have hit 15+ threes in multiple games this year.

How kansas has made it as far as they have with only 1 big man and like 6 guards is beyond me. There were times we never seemed to have enough bigs, despite all our 6'8+ guys, yet they make due with a 7 footer and a bunch of 6'3 guys. Duke, with Bagley, should be a nightmare for them. Whos gonna guard MB3? Mikahyaluooke? Lightfoot?

I hope Kansas wins though and then they all step inna pothole, twist their ankles, and Nova makes it to the final game by default.

I curse you for making me post something positive about Kansas. As much as I hate them, it's ludicrous to say they are not a "particularly good outside shooting team". 11th in the nation at 3s. 11th in overall shooting too. Duke is 54th behind the arc.

Would they dare put Higgins and/or Sirmons on this one, with their perceived favoritism towards Kansas? (Although I think their records with Duke in the tournament are good, too). Didn’t see either one this week so it’s likely we’ll see them at some point today. It’s a shame that we have to factor in who’s calling the game to guess who the likely winner will be.

Having said that, “anybody but Duke!”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT