ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas players at the scene of the crime

So thiiiiiiis is why Shannon missed all that time. Not surprised the alleged events occured on the Jailhawk campus.

For the record, I never said this and unsure why you would quote my post with this remark. "Ashamed to admit that made me laugh." Hope it was an error.

If he hasn't been convicted, why should he be forced to sit by IL? I thought this country was innocent until proven guilty.

If you are accused of feeling up kids, they don't let you keep working at the daycare until the investigation is cleared up.

If you are accused of embezzling money from your company, they would almost always put you on some sort of administrate leave while they investigate.

Police officers are put on leave when they are being investigated by internal affairs.

When accused of felony rape, you should not get to keep representing your university and play basketball.

"Innocent until proven guilty", like free speech, protects you from some things, but not ALL consequences of your actions.

If you are accused of feeling up kids, they don't let you keep working at the daycare until the investigation is cleared up.

If you are accused of embezzling money from your company, they would almost always put you on some sort of administrate leave while they investigate.

Police officers are put on leave when they are being investigated by internal affairs.

When accused of felony rape, you should not get to keep representing your university and play basketball.

"Innocent until proven guilty", like free speech, protects you from some things, but not ALL consequences of your actions.
The situations you described remove the suspect from being able to harm potential victims. I don't think suspending him from men's basketball games protects a female victim in Lawrence, KS....like, at all! So, how is that relevant?

So, he should he forced to put his life on hold for something that may not even be true? Time that he can never recover. That opens a hell of a lot of opportunity for abuse by anyone looking to seek revenge or force someone out of a game. Imagine us making the F4 and someone coming out and saying Reed, Reeves, Rob or someone assaulted them. Should they be forced to sit out when nothing has been proven? Forced to miss an opportunity they may never get again?

A worker in a daycare can return to work afterwards if innocent. A worker in a company can return if found innocent of embezzlement. A police officer can return to work when cleared. If Shannon sits, he can never get that opportunity back if innocent. Not that I agree with those people being punished without due process either.

I guess due process just means squat anymore.

Last edited:

Or, and I think it’s more likely unfortunately, games he played in could be vacated if convicted
That would be a loss of revenue for the school Sad but it’s how things are

If he hasn't been convicted, why should he be forced to sit by IL? I thought this country was innocent until proven guilty.
I can promise you it's guilty until proven innocent and always has been. That's if you can afford a good attorney like I did. He got me off of assaulting police/bodily harm and paramedics. Luckily I could prove I had a tonic Clonic seizure and was in postictal psychosis because of having PTSD.

• Haha
Reactions: kyhankypanky
I can promise you it's guilty until proven innocent and always has been. That's if you can afford a good attorney like I did. He got me off of assaulting police/bodily harm and paramedics. Luckily I could prove I had a tonic Clonic seizure and was in postictal psychosis because of having PTSD.
It's bs you had to deal with that. I agree that behavior has become the norm, but it's not what our founders intended.

Reactions: michaeluk26

I hope nobody ever falsely accuses you of a crime. Such terrible logic to think that anybody in every profession should be put on leave until the legal system (that could take years just to get started) figures out the truth. In the cases you listed it is nowhere near the same example as what is being discussed.

Did you read the article? They’re all subpoenaed to appear on behalf of Shannon. In other words, he clearly has an alibi.
Everybody seems to be missing the growth in the KU program this story represents: KU players have gone from being the accused to now only providing alibis for the accused! This is a big day in Lawrence...

Reactions: rabbitTown
The situations you described remove the suspect from being able to harm potential victims. I don't think suspending him from men's basketball games protects a female victim in Lawrence, KS....like, at all! So, how is that relevant?

So, he should he forced to put his life on hold for something that may not even be true? Time that he can never recover. That opens a hell of a lot of opportunity for abuse by anyone looking to seek revenge or force someone out of a game. Imagine us making the F4 and someone coming out and saying Reed, Reeves, Rob or someone assaulted them. Should they be forced to sit out when nothing has been proven? Forced to miss an opportunity they may never get again?

A worker in a daycare can return to work afterwards if innocent. A worker in a company can return if found innocent of embezzlement. A police officer can return to work when cleared. If Shannon sits, he can never get that opportunity back if innocent. Not that I agree with those people being punished without due process either.

I guess due process just means squat anymore.
Well No. a lot has to happen to be charged. He has NOT been just accused. Police have investigated the allegations. The results have been turned over to a prosecutor who then needs to present that to the DA. The DA must find sufficient evidence to charge him. It’s not just a random accusation. It’s been investigated. He will be in classes and attending drunken parties while at Illinois. You want your daughter at one of those??? I don’t.

Well No. a lot has to happen to be charged. He has NOT been just accused. Police have investigated the allegations. The results have been turned over to a prosecutor who then needs to present that to the DA. The DA must find sufficient evidence to charge him. It’s not just a random accusation. It’s been investigated. He will be in classes and attending drunken parties while at Illinois. You want your daughter at one of those??? I don’t.
That's my daughter's choice. Simply being accused doesn't make someone guilty. Should your son have to put his life and irreplaceable opportunities on hold if someone makes an allegation against him?

If the DA is still having to find sufficient evidence to charge him, why are we punishing him?

How does any of this relate to him being suspended from a men's basketball game?

Also, what does due process mean to some of you?

That's my daughter's choice. Simply being accused doesn't make someone guilty. Should your son have to put his life and irreplaceable opportunities on hold if someone makes an allegation against him?

If the DA is still having to find sufficient evidence to charge him, why are we punishing him?

How does any of this relate to him being suspended from a men's basketball game?

Also, what does due process mean to some of you?
Dude a rape allegation can take a year to properly investigate and move thru our court system. This is American government. As I pointed out it’s NOT just an allegation. He’s been investigated and charged.
Allegations do not make someone guilty but a DA rarely wants to prosecute a case he can’t win. Charge someone and lose in court looks really bad on you. They wouldn’t charge him unless they had good evidence.
He must be a student in good standing to play basketball. Alleged rape with actually being charged is not a student in good standing. Any regular student would be gone in an instant.
It’s not your daughters choice if she doesn’t know an alleged/ charged rapist is at the party. What girl would go if she knew?? Maybe too late and scared for life by the time she finds out.
I’m all for due process. I’m a veteran and an American. I want any student accused of rape out of the student population until it’s investigated. That’s just me.

Reactions: thatoneguy285
Dude a rape allegation can take a year to properly investigate and move thru our court system. This is American government. As I pointed out it’s NOT just an allegation. He’s been investigated and charged.
Allegations do not make someone guilty but a DA rarely wants to prosecute a case he can’t win. Charge someone and lose in court looks really bad on you. They wouldn’t charge him unless they had good evidence.
He must be a student in good standing to play basketball. Alleged rape with actually being charged is not a student in good standing. Any regular student would be gone in an instant.
It’s not your daughters choice if she doesn’t know an alleged/ charged rapist is at the party. What girl would go if she knew?? Maybe too late and scared for life by the time she finds out.
I’m all for due process. I’m a veteran and an American. I want any student accused of rape out of the student population until it’s investigated. That’s just me.
Lol, just because a prosecutor charges doesn't mean they have solid evidence. They could just as likely be trying to secure a plea deal out of Shannon.

They charge people and drop them every day. They lose convictions everyday. They have charges dropped or reduced procedurally all the time.

Being charged wouldn't impact his academic standing. Again, a public school is required to follow due process. Why do you think the judge forced them to let him play?

Students are accused and charged with sexual assaults on college campuses everyday and not dismissed. Again, why would you punish someone who hasn't been convicted? Do you want to be sued when they are exonerated?

Sure it's her choice. There are convicted, accused, exonerated rape suspect everywhere. They can be anywhere you go without you knowing. Do you think they wear a sign? There could be a rapist there that was never accused or caught for all she knows. There could be a 1st time rapist.

Plenty of girls would still go. Again, being accused doesn't mean he did it.

That's not due process then. That's punishment before conviction.

How is him playing a men's basketball game putting women at risk? Also, can he only attack women on a college campus? Should he be locked up since he is potentially a risk to all women because someone accused him?

If your son was in the same situation and accused, how would you want it handled? You think he should have to sit out the last year of his eligibility, miss the tournament his team earned their way into and put his life on hold and miss an opportunity he can never recover for an accusation? If it were Reed, would you be saying he should sit out until this is all settled?

Didn't we just have some football players get accused of bringing a gun to a party that they got charged for, then come to find out they were innocent and the charges were dropped? Was that the right thing to do?

If I file a complaint today that you sexually assaulted me, should you have to put your life on hold until it's settled in court?

Last edited:
Reactions: CincinnatiWildcat
Lol, just because a prosecutor charges doesn't mean they have solid evidence. They could just as likely be trying to secure a plea deal out of Shannon.

They charge people and drop them every day. They lose convictions everyday. They have charges dropped or reduced procedurally all the time.

Being charged wouldn't impact his academic standing. Again, a public school is required to follow due process. Why do you think the judge forced them to let him play?

Students are accused and charged with sexual assaults on college campuses everyday and not dismissed. Again, why would you punish someone who hasn't been convicted? Do you want to be sued when they are exonerated?

Sure it's her choice. There are convicted, accused, exonerated rape suspect everywhere. They can be anywhere you go without you knowing. Do you think they wear a sign? There could be a rapist there that was never accused or caught for all she knows. There could be a 1st time rapist.

Plenty of girls would still go. Again, being accused doesn't mean he did it.

That's not due process then. That's punishment before conviction.

How is him playing a men's basketball game putting women at risk? Also, can he only attack women on a college campus? Should he be locked up since he is potentially a risk to all women because someone accused him?

If your son was in the same situation and accused, how would you want it handled? You think he should have to sit out the last year of his eligibility, miss the tournament his team earned their way into and put his life on hold and miss an opportunity he can never recover for an accusation? If it were Reed, would you be saying he should sit out until this is all settled?

Didn't we just have some football players get accused of bringing a gun to a party that they got charged for, then come to find out they were innocent and the charges were dropped? Was that the right thing to do?

If I file a complaint today that you sexually assaulted me, should you have to put your life on hold until it's settled in court?
We just think differently my man. Nothing wrong with that. Just glad I don’t have to deal with it. My kids have graduated. Doesn’t affect me.

We just think differently my man. Nothing wrong with that. Just glad I don’t have to deal with it. My kids have graduated. Doesn’t affect me.
You realize Rape allegations don't only impact college students, right?

Also, you didn't mention your feelings if it was you, your son, Reed Sheppard or someone you have ties to.

You realize Rape allegations don't only impact college students, right?

Also, you didn't mention your feelings if it was you, your son, Reed Sheppard or someone you have ties to.
I’ll make this last reply
If my son was accused, I wouldn’t mind him being held out until the investigation was done. I would understand the universities point of view of we need to protect our student body until the facts are known.
Lloyd Tubman at UK was accused, but never charged. The student council still expelled him because of his behavior. Another school then accepted him?? I feel horrible for someone if they are falsely accused. Horrible. Why would anyone do that tho??? Revenge, money?? I’m guessing it doesn’t happen often.

I’ll make this last reply
If my son was accused, I wouldn’t mind him being held out until the investigation was done. I would understand the universities point of view of we need to protect our student body until the facts are known.
Lloyd Tubman at UK was accused, but never charged. The student council still expelled him because of his behavior. Another school then accepted him?? I feel horrible for someone if they are falsely accused. Horrible. Why would anyone do that tho??? Revenge, money?? I’m guessing it doesn’t happen often.
It happens quite often. Particularly with scorned, youthful women.

And if people know they can impact your teams chances by simply creating an allegation that can later be rescinded, you have just given them a huge opportunity. And believe me, gamblers will do anything for a buck.

I appreciate the honesty, but I am highly skeptical that if your kid was a high level athlete with NBA draft considerations, national championship contenders, NIL money and the like, that you would just sit idle while he has to lose out on every opportunity simply because someone alleges he did something. Particularly when the sport he would be playing would have no bearing on that accusation. Amd as you said, the court system can take years to play out. You could simply accomplish what you want by issuing an order that he can't attend campus parties or be in places where females would be at risk.

Must be an cdpmsnbc guy. Look all over this country and tell me we are nothing but a banana republic starring the WH, CIA and DOJ!!

Due process exist for a reason. In many states the law is such that your employer can terminate you at any time for any reason (This would include a false allegation against you in order to protect the companies image or whatever reason they want to use). At public schools and institutions that however is not an option and no punish should be dealt until guilt is proved, If that means you need to fix our court system so that speedy trials are actually a thing then maybe they should focus on that.

Because a player from Illinois comes to town to watch his team play football and is accused of rape?

KU should be shut down for that? Good grief you’re a weirdo
Lagerald Vick. Sherron Collins. Carlton Bragg. Josh Jackson. Arterio Morris. Silvio DeSousa. Plenty of reason that at least the Bill Self version of the program should be shut down, mostly for the safety of women on campus but also any men who happen to be in a Lawrence bar and want to keep two eyes, in DeSousa's case.

Who recruits a kid already charged with battering his girlfriend, and brings him to campus just long enough so a young woman can get raped there? Bill Self, that's who. An absolute disgrace.

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/may/04/silvio-de-sousa-ordered-stand-trial-aggravated-bat/

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT