ADVERTISEMENT

K. Tucker not happy with Cal

the point is if he’s been cut out of the program because he’s been critical of Cal. I’m not the biggest Tucker fan but a pattern is developing here.

THE PROBLEM WITH UK BASKETBALL IS JOHN CALIPARI
Tucker wasn't critical and still was cut out. Or was never in. He uses secondary people who get him info--hint-usually why he sucks up to certain players. I'd tell the Washington Huskies beat writer, to ask Kyle for Wheeler/Brooks numbers-they'll spill the beans.

And gained the top transfer prospect. Bad comparison man.
Maybe but they did lose 8 players to the portal. Many teams lost multiple players to the portal. Those teams have recruited the portal much better than Cal, so far. I do believe we will pick up players within the next few days.

It appears that the final nail in the coffin is the fact that he has pissed off all the big donors that would help contribute to NIL.

Evidently alot of that money is going to football.

Point is,its only a matter of time before the money dries up thus seals his fate!
This is where I have to ask if that's the case, then why the hell was Barnhart upset with him when he was getting deals done for players last offseason? Why would Barnhart care where the NIL is coming from as long as the players are satisfied? Kentucky players made very good $ too, so this seems like an odd hill to attack a guy who has several other aspects of how the program is operating that should be open season.

It was known Kentucky got players paid. They just don't sell that as the reason you come here-it's basically "NIL is going to be there for you, but we won't promise a set $ amount". I respect that selling point because majority of the teams in CFB and CBB are full of crap and getting far less than promised. Andrew Slater even wrote about this earlier this offseason about asking for what you get, not the potential $ which is often the lie.

This is where I have to ask if that's the case, then why the hell was Barnhart upset with him when he was getting deals done for players last offseason? Why would Barnhart care where the NIL is coming from as long as the players are satisfied? Kentucky players made very good $ too, so this seems like an odd hill to attack a guy who has several other aspects of how the program is operating that should be open season.

It was known Kentucky got players paid. They just don't sell that as the reason you come here-it's basically "NIL is going to be there for you, but we won't promise a set $ amount". I respect that selling point because majority of the teams in CFB and CBB are full of crap and getting far less than promised. Andrew Slater even wrote about this earlier this offseason about asking for what you get, not the potential $ which is often the lie.
It's good to know Cal is winning the morals war.

You make too much sense to spend time on this board but, I thank you for doing so.

It's good to know Cal is winning the morals war.
It's not a bad sell. He's getting some awkward MFer's paid. I mean Antonio Reeves Illinois State transfer made 6 figures and guy has a personality of paint drying on a wall. Is that Calipari's fault? Was he getting that at Illinois State? Apparently Memphis thinks they can make him the face of Fed Ex or some crazy nonsense.

At some point you have to realize your worth and that another program promising you things is going to end up the same because.....you are not going to sell anything. If I'm in Memphis, I am going to get JA Morant--hell I'd ask him to do a Gun Shop ad and maybe Reeves can get in as a guy filming him and getting him suspended by NBA or something but is he going to draw anything other than same type of $ he got at UK? Doubtful.

I'm not defending how Cal is operating the program but I don't understand the talk of NIL issues when Barnhart was pissed off at him for doing his own deals for the team/players last Summer? If the guy is taking care of that, why would the AD care?

This specific area is one I place far more blame on Barnhart rejected and not embracing NIL which UK media had warned the fans was going to set them behind other programs before another mediocre season took place.

To fix the program you have to fix everything, not just one aspect. Some things right now at Kentucky are not Calipari's issue, they are the program's issue and will be after he leaves.

KT is just pissed that in Cals statement this morning he eluded to the fact there was moves being made behind the scenes that no one knows about...and KT has spent years convincing his social media followers he knows all things behind the scenes at UK.... and let this sink in about KT, he blocked me on twitter a while back for me badmouthing Biden, he after all that has come out he still defends Biden .... that should yell you all you need to know about KT
Stay out of politics. Both sides are awful agenda-setters. Think for yourself.

It appears that the final nail in the coffin is the fact that he has pissed off all the big donors that would help contribute to NIL.

Evidently alot of that money is going to football.

Point is,its only a matter of time before the money dries up thus seals his fate!

If so, Stoops is gonna be expected to win something that matters at some point like the sec or make the 12 team playoff. 7 and 5 and losing at home to vandy with that big new contract won't cut it with the boosters if they are coughing up the NIL.

I also wonder once calipari leaves what happens if Stoops hasn't won at a bigger level. I assume money back to basketball.

That's the most spot on and worth-reading thing Tucker has ever written. He's finally thinking for himself instead of just doing the Baghdad Bob cheerleader routine spouting the party line.

You know Cal's peeved folks off when even his former bootlickers are turning on him.

He isn't as much of a kiss ass as some think. I've heard him bash parts of program for months now.

I think we will hear more about the recruitment of transfers in the coming days. We will not start the summer trip with only 7 scholarship players. Kentucky is not the only school with retention issues. It is widespread throughout college basketball. As an example, Kansas lost 8 players to the portal.
Yeah, KU lost 8 players to the portal/ draft, but how many scholarship players do they currently have?

More than 7? Asking for a friend.

KT is just pissed that in Cals statement this morning he eluded to the fact there was moves being made behind the scenes that no one knows about...and KT has spent years convincing his social media followers he knows all things behind the scenes at UK.... and let this sink in about KT, he blocked me on twitter a while back for me badmouthing Biden, he after all that has come out he still defends Biden .... that should yell you all you need to know about KT
Yea, sure... thats it

Lmao Biden is a POS. Worst POTUS we’ve ever had. Fvcking loser, dog faced pony soldier!

I think we will hear more about the recruitment of transfers in the coming days. We will not start the summer trip with only 7 scholarship players. Kentucky is not the only school with retention issues. It is widespread throughout college basketball. As an example, Kansas lost 8 players to the portal.
Yeah, but it doesn’t happen at Kansas every season. This shit has been going on at UK for 14 years now, or however long Cal has been here. It’s fvcking absurd.

Alright, come on now. You are now on the side that thinks Cal is purposely trying to burn down the program? I'm not defending the woeful offseason we've had. That's on Cal and the culture he's built. But I'll never understand the guys that say he's purposefully trying to harm the program.

He may not be trying to burn the house down, but he sure ain't trying to put any flames out either.

What do you think he was trying to do with his tweet today? Or bringing in the #1 recruiting class. Just because things haven't worked out doesn't mean he's actively trying to burn the house down or even let it burn. The off-season might be a failure so far, but it hasn't been on purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: UK till Death
Yeah, but it doesn’t happen at Kansas every season. This shit has been going on at UK for 14 years now, or however long Cal has been here. It’s fvcking absurd.
Before the portal we might lose a player occasionally to transfer. We did lose, and are currently losing, players to the NBA. Never has college basketball seen transfers like we have seen the last couple of years. Roughly 1500 to 1800 players entered the portal this year alone. I do think we get players within the next few days but college basketball, as a whole, is losing its pull for me.

Reactions: Ubertube
Before the portal we might lose a player occasionally to transfer. We did lose, and are currently losing, players to the NBA. Never has college basketball seen transfers like we have seen the last couple of years. Roughly 1500 to 1800 players entered the portal this year alone. I do think we get players within the next few days but college basketball, as a whole, is losing its pull for me.
Who are we getting in the coming days?Jones going to Memphis and Kaluma very unlikely.

No amount of spin can change the fact that Calipari and his staff have failed to make a single move to improve next season’s roster since last season ended. That inaction looks even worse when compared to Kentucky’s blue-blooded peers.

Duke’s two draft entrees are projected first-rounders, the Blue Devils did not lose a single player to the portal, they added four five-star freshmen and got former five-stars Kyle Filipowski, Mark Mitchell, Tyrese Proctor and Jeremy Roach to return. Kansasis returning three key starters — Dajuan Harris Jr., Kevin McCullar Jr. and KJ Adams — signed a top-10 freshman class and added three of the top available transfers in Dickinson, Arterio Morris(Texas) and Nicolas Timberlake (Towson). That looks like carefully planned roster management. What Kentucky has done so far looks a lot like a lack of planning.

It’s probably also time for Calipari to take a long look in the mirror and ask why he struggles so much with roster retention. Why don’t players without clear paths to sticking in the pros not want to stay and play at one of the premier programs in college basketball? Is it something about the way they’re being coached or developed? A lack of relationships between the staff and players? It has been suggested that a major factor is other programs promising huge NIL deals while Calipari refuses to make such guarantees — and that seems like a cop-out. Anyone who has been paying attention knows Tshiebwe cleaned up in NIL money, even as he had to navigate student-visa red tape. Several Kentucky players have raked in six figures.

The complete disintegration of last season’s roster, when the Wildcats badly need bodies, suggests a deeper problem. Whatever that is, it’s time for Calipari to pinpoint the issue and fix it. In the meantime, tweeting out a 202-word statement, which reads like that famous “this is fine” meme from inside a burning house, probably won’t do much to quiet the ever-louder alarm.
This is a perfect illustration of the level of mismanagement and malfeasance by Calipari. A side-by-side comparison of the stark differences between responsible and intelligent stewardship by Duke coaches, ADs, and Universities compared to that of UK. Pretty sickening. How much does our HOF fraud of a coach make again? He sells snake oil and EVERYONE now knows it. Barnhart's defense of Cal is equally sickening but what else is he going to do but circle the wagons. They're all guilty and that's pretty sad.

Welch has to be thinking why did I come here.

After our usual 2-3 injuries we will have games where Canada actual has to play real mins.
Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: Catfan2226
Tucker wasn't critical and still was cut out. Or was never in. He uses secondary people who get him info--hint-usually why he sucks up to certain players. I'd tell the Washington Huskies beat writer, to ask Kyle for Wheeler/Brooks numbers-they'll spill the beans.
No, Tucker lit up Cal a few times during last season. You're wrong on that. One time that comes to mind is right after the South Carolina loss. He got back on board around SEC tournament time and was putting out Wheeler propaganda.

What do you think he was trying to do with his tweet today? Or bringing in the #1 recruiting class. Just because things haven't worked out doesn't mean he's actively trying to burn the house down or even let it burn. The off-season might be a failure so far, but it hasn't been on purpose.
that tweet was solely out of self preservation. Shoring up the last remaining supporters with the "this is how we knew it would go and we are prepared" statement to keep them lined up.

that tweet was solely out of self preservation. Shoring up the last remaining supporters with the "this is how we knew it would go and we are prepared" statement to keep them lined up.
Not disagreeing with you. Again, it still doesn't mean he's looking to "Burn Rome to the ground" on his way out.

I'd respect this if it was written by someone who didn't kiss Sahvir Wheeler's ass because he was an inside source, then lied about him playing, and wasted time convincing Kentucky fans that Oscar was very likely to return. Being wrong is fine. But you can't be wrong as often as Tucker when you charge people for your information. This update is not wrong but it sounds more like a jilted writer who is cut out of the loop and angry about it than someone who objectively covers the program.
Tucker is jello soft and woker than a Berkeley student.

Even the brain-dead leftists know that's completely true in the darkest recesses of their black hearts.

Mean tweets, no war, cheap gas, roaring economy, safe border... things were just awful!!
It’s amazing, isn’t it? Pretty funny, none of them can even refute it. Like I said, it’s not debatable.

I like Michigan State who returned Akins and Hoggard yesterday and has a really nice team.

The team who has a really talented roster but is coached by a guy who is a jackass is Ohio State. If Holtmann lets them play, they have some serious talent and depth. Odds are he'll somehow figure out they must play in the high 50's and grind it out though.
I’m actually kinda surprised Holtman was retained .

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT