ADVERTISEMENT

JVC Worried About THE Program😡

Lol! Good for you and her, since she's 82 years old. You must be too young to have a job. Or, let me guess...graphics designer. That seems to be a really popular gig listed by a lot of young people today that don't hold an actual job or purpose in life yet.
Listen, sweety. I'm in my 50's and feel like I'm in my 60's, but actually look like I'm in my 30's. My education is in computer science, but I work in management in the air transportation field. Right now my purpose is getting rid of Cal, and my hobby is your mom.

• Haha
Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
If you don't think this and other social media from UK fans is used by opponents in recruiting you are wrong. I'm certain coaches are showing potential recruits, either from high school or the portal, UK fans' negative social media posts as evidence why a kid wouldn't want to come to Kentucky and deal with not only the pressure of being a student athlete, but having all of the fans complain over how much you play if you aren't either scoring 20 points a game or are from Kentucky.
So if your recruiting pitch is come to my school because Kentucky fans stink, you don’t have much of a pitch or much of a chance.

Never a factor.

Reactions: cathouse
So if your recruiting pitch is come to my school because Kentucky fans stink, you don’t have much of a pitch or much of a chance.

Never a factor.
The pitch is more like Kentucky doesn’t pass along NIL offers or support NIL in general. This applies to all sports.

Not to hijack but I'm just genuinely interested, when did you get into the scene? Start hanging around coaches, coaching yourself, traveling to see upcoming talent etc? You're always informative in your posts and have actual breakdowns of it all. You explain the inner-workings of things most of us aren't sure of.

I thoroughly enjoy your posts and I've just wondered for a while how it all came to be.

The short version of course.
What really started me out was as a HS/College student I had a subscription to a former Big East Newsletter called Big East Briefs. Was ahead of it's time and fantastic covering the teams in Big East and recruiting. As a subscriber, I had some info on some players I wanted to pass on to Greg Shemitz the publisher/owner. Ended up recommending Troy Bell and Darius Lane and that ended up giving me some credibility with him/some of the coaches in the conference. (yes I'm so old that Boston College was still in the Big East) Also told him some guys to avoid up in MN that were vastly overrated and had some off the court issues/grades, etc...and that led to beginning of the internet when I was in college and through that initial interaction, made a ton of big time basketball connections as I attended ABCD Camp (which was the big Summer event back then) and got into AAU Coaching as well around that time. Also had some good recruiting info for CFB players in area and contributed to help some guys out nationally. Once you prove to be credible, you make contacts fast in the recruiting industry.

For me with the MN connections, my HS coach and also a former classmate of mine who was a student manager were connected to the University of Minnesota/Clem Haskins and knew a lot of info too and that helped form relationships with their program/coaches, etc....

Been a HS coach after I graduated college and fortunate to still be one. Never been a Head Coach, just an Assistant. But was kind of lucky that my age group grew with the industry being a business--internet starting up, sports becoming a year around business with Camps/AAU boost, and daily coverage.

Cal is in Phoenix for the Final Four like virtually every D1 head coach and most assistants and staff. Matt Jones sure knows how to rouse the rabble.

He is also receiving a John Wooden legends of coaching award. I’m sure Matt Jones didn’t give full context and got the desired results he was looking for, fake outrage.
You really had to start an account today to post that?

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT