ADVERTISEMENT

Juzang transferring

Your post makes zero sense. If he was going to play a major role next season, then he would have waited his turn.

A lot of the talk is that he's homesick. It may not have been about waiting his turn.

But also: He was probably a backup again next season.

It's been real Johnny.....wish you could have scored more to stay on the floor......they said you was a great 3 point shooter it never really materialized.......good luck to what ever school you land at.....it will be inferior to UK.....you were playing for the best......

Reactions: CatfanMike47
There's nothing to base this on. It's a nice thought. I hope he's a great player. But one has made shots in big games, and one hasn't played a second of college basketball.

Well we have see him play in high school and Cal had some really great things to say about him in a recent article, so there is that.

Well we have see him play in high school and Cal had some really great things to say about him in a recent article, so there is that.

We see them all play in high school. They're all stars in HS. And then a lot of them struggle when they get to Kentucky.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Damn I was just talking to my wife about the possibility of him transferring just this morning. I was telling her that a lot of these West Coast guys come in and get homesick. Seems like we lose a bunch to transfer. We were talking about how we hoped he wouldn’t leave. Next thing I know, I see it come across the ticker. Ugh.

EDIT: I think maybe Hagans returns. I have mixed feelings about that lol

I'd take another year of IQ over him but not so sure Im looking for Allen to come in and produce after him not playing organized ball for quite some time. At this point I'd like to see Allen just log some minutes then go from there. Hate to hear he is leaving. I think he would have a great 2nd year here.

Reactions: Poetax
We see them all play in high school. They're all stars in HS. And then a lot of them struggle when they get to Kentucky.

I was giving you a basis on why things are said, not what their future success will be.

Yes I agree. It's the fact that either A: Cal recruits over kids (which I don't like) and/or B: These kids are super entitled and want out. Juzang could've been a great 2-3 year player.
I get the frustration. But......John Calipari recruits the same way as every college coach that ever lived: he gets the very best players he can, every year. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do differently. Most of the roster issues we face are unpredictable. Booker, Shay, Herro - 4 stars, no one predicted they'd blow up and be lottery picks. Skal, Sacha, Hami - everyone thought they'd be stars day 1. No one thought Juzang about conceivably transferring until last night.

Better hold on - with the proposed transfer rules, this is going to become very common. And not just for UK.

Reactions: awf
You realize every program loses 1.7 kids a year to transfers ( last time it was reported that was the number it could be up). UK loses less than that or around that as well. If we have problem everyone does. I think every single SEC team has had 1 transfer so far in the past 2 weeks. Hell Miss St has 5. If you really think there is a cultural problem you are so far behind the reality of cbb I don't know what to tell you.

Most schools don't also lose around 3-6 players to the NBA every year as well. This is getting real old. Tired of some of these players expecting instant gratification or claiming their homesick. Everyone doesn't get the same results in one year.

Don't commit to a school over 2,000 miles away if you don't think you won't be able to handle being that far from home. How do they think it will be if they go to the NBA and will be away from home even more? They better pray they don't end up in Europe.

I'm starting to think when Cal said "the biggest day in the history of Kentucky's program" at the draft, it has become a negative for us being able to keep players around. This is why I don't think Cal will win another title here unless he changes up either his recruiting, his coaching, or maybe even both. It is just to hard totally rebuilding a team nearly every year and expecting to win a championship.

This is just rediculous. He goes on about the best year ever and what a ride blah blah blah. Same old garbage every year.

We're never going to have decent role players like Darius Milker types anymore. They will go pro, transfer or just be awful.

Oh well

This is just rediculous. He goes on about the best year ever and what a ride blah blah blah. Same old garbage every year.

We're never going to have decent role players like Darius Milker types anymore. They will go pro, transfer or just be awful.

Oh well

Allen might be that guy for us. Brooks is a solid guy but I don't see him making such a big leap that he goes pro next year. We might get EJ back for a 3rd year. It's not all bad. We only had 3 returning players with any substantial role on our championship squad. Get a couple of studs and a few returning guys and we can win one.

I know he and Brooks are 2 many of us thought might transfer and at least 1 of the 2 will. I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks is next with the people that were in his ear.

I figured with the way both were starting to play late in the season that maybe they turned the corner and would be leaders next year. Hopefully at least Brooks will be. If we lose all of our guards, a couple of forwards, and our best big man we are going to be hurting to start the year. There will be more arguing on the board about how bad we look and it is a process so wait until March.

I know he and Brooks are 2 many of us thought might transfer and at least 1 of the 2 will. I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks is next with the people that were in his ear.

I figured with the way both were starting to play late in the season that maybe they turned the corner and would be leaders next year. Hopefully at least Brooks will be. If we lose all of our guards, a couple of forwards, and our best big man we are going to be hurting to start the year. There will be more arguing on the board about how bad we look and it is a process so wait until March.

Brooks can start for us next year, I'd really hope he comes back to play a major role.

We could have your doom and gloom scenario or we could bring back all of Quickley, Brooks, and EJ to start along with two top 10 stud freshmen. I doubt we look awful if Jr Quickley is our primary ball handler.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well, damn. From what I can tell we are stacked on wings so maybe we will be alright?

I know Ill get the usual replies but the reality is in spite of the winning, I enjoyed (perhaps save the last 2 seasons,) the Tubby years more than this. I know it doesn't make sense, but its true. Im done getting fired up about it because weve gone through this every year, so its a point of both acceptance and ambivalence. But man, this is just friggin tiresome. Im hoping the silver lining in all this is he knows Hagans and Quickley are coming back. That would be phenomenal.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Re read that list of players and tell me how heart broke you really are..

I liked Johnny ALOT but at the end of the day his roster spot will be filled with a really good basketball player.

Good luck to him though. Times like these makes families want to be closer together.
His roster spot will probably not get filled because there’s not many 4 or 5 stars uncommitted. And if we do fill it, it will be with another inexperienced player, who will probably struggle most of next year. We don’t develop role players. And before I get bashed for not mentioning Richards, I will acknowledge that was an awesome transformation but makes it frustrating that more guys don’t wanna stay and develop. NR could’ve just as easily took his ball home the last two years but instead chose to come back and work on his game. Just wish we had more guys with that attitude. It just really rubs me the wrong way especially how we’ve had guys quit on their team mid season the last two years.

Just as a side point on this West Coast player issue, is it possible that the weather difference plays more of a role in these transfer decisions than we realize? Because the difference is pretty shocking; and I wonder if this has a psychological impact.

Frankly, Kentucky's weather is pretty good for farmers, but if you like sunshine it's not very good in Central & Eastern Kentucky. In fact, the amount of rain and overcast days is often depressing even for life-long residents. Add that to the colder climate and then maybe the "homesick" excuse starts making more sense - especially coming from Southern California.

It's just the way of college basketball.. Kentucky will get greater-than-expected grad transfers.. and we'll lose 4-stars. Oh well. I've told people for years now to expect a transfer or two every single year..

Yes, one of Jackson/Cam'ron/Ware will transfer next year. You can mark it down.

Also Juzang was only going to get less minutes next year. You give TClarke and BJ everything than can handle next year being top5 players. And with Askew, Allen and possibly IQ and Hagans coming back.. Juzang was looking at 10 minutes TOPS.

What's starting to annoy me is these 4-star players think they can come here and be the different... go against the grain, and be a 1st round pick within two years. Then the realize not everything is just going to be handed to them, that we have 5-stars coming in.. and they bolt.

Thse guys were 3-4 year players at any other school.. thought they could do it in 2 years at Kentucky.. and bail when they learn hard facts. It's THAT simple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT