ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards

I've been paying attention. He hadn't signed any contract with the sixers when I had made my post. Pay more attention yourself before jumping on people.
Nah, wasn't being a smart ass. Was more or less asking if you knew he ha signed a free agent deal. post was taken out of context. Kind of why I hate text messages, intent is not always received. I mean I am a smart ass, just wasn't in this case, LOL.

Reactions: ORCAT
Nah, wasn't being a smart ass. Was more or less asking if you knew he ha signed a free agent deal. post was taken out of context. Kind of why I hate text messages, intent is not always received. I mean I am a smart ass, just wasn't in this case, LOL.
OK, kind of came off that way when you stated have you been paying attention. I had seen his signing with the Sixers but it was well after my earlier posts. No problem, sorry I snapped but thought you were being overly critical. My fault.

To be honest…I didn’t know half the players in the first round because I didn’t watch basketball as much as I used to
Been that way for several years
Used to watch all the games I could, no matter who was playing but I lost the desire to
That may just change this season

Watch the shit show with Jaxson Robinson this yr via his agency (not clutch), 15 shots per game, etc. However, I trust pope to drop his nuts.

And then there’s Bronny… what an embarrassment for the league.
Why is Bronny getting picked with a largely meaningless 2nd round pick embarrassing for the league, but Thanasis playing for the Bucks or Nick Kerr getting a coaching gig, or how 10% of the head coaches are sons of former coaches isn't? Or guys like Jac Collinsworth or Noah Eagle getting broadcasting jobs? Or how 20% of NFL head coaches as of a few years ago were either sons or fathers of other coaches? Or how the son of the Jacksonville Jaguars' owner has an executive job with the team he absolutely sucks at.

Nepotism has existed in sports forever, and quite frankly it's as American as apple pie. Boardrooms across the country, and as of a few years ago the White House, are full of nepo babies. Why do we only care when it's Lebron's son?

Reactions: wardlow
To be honest…I didn’t know half the players in the first round because I didn’t watch basketball as much as I used to
Been that way for several years
Used to watch all the games I could, no matter who was playing but I lost the desire to
That may just change this season
I did the same 7 years for me like you I felt beat down watching Kentucky cal completely took the fun out of it thank God the Renaissance has taken place under THE POPE can't wait for the season to start same for the women too

I did the same 7 years for me like you I felt beat down watching Kentucky cal completely took the fun out of it thank God the Renaissance has taken place under THE POPE can't wait for the season to start same for the women too
Yes it’s been about 7 years for me
And Amen brother….Im excited for basketball again

Reactions: susan2361
Why is Bronny getting picked with a largely meaningless 2nd round pick embarrassing for the league, but Thanasis playing for the Bucks or Nick Kerr getting a coaching gig, or how 10% of the head coaches are sons of former coaches isn't? Or guys like Jac Collinsworth or Noah Eagle getting broadcasting jobs? Or how 20% of NFL head coaches as of a few years ago were either sons or fathers of other coaches? Or how the son of the Jacksonville Jaguars' owner has an executive job with the team he absolutely sucks at.

Nepotism has existed in sports forever, and quite frankly it's as American as apple pie. Boardrooms across the country, and as of a few years ago the White House, are full of nepo babies. Why do we only care when it's Lebron's son?
I’m not bothered by it personally. It’s not as if he went lottery
Only time it bugs me is if someone who truly earned the spot is passed over strictly due to nepotism
As you said…. It’s prevalent everywhere

Yes, an undrafted player definitely can return to college but I'm betting Pope isn't interested in Edwards. Not sure Edwards is interested in UK or college either. We'll see what he decides soon.
As I have posted, an undrafted player can not return to college.

Because the media is going to play it up like some big accomplishment for a father and son to play together, but the reality is that it's fake because Bronny wouldn't be in the league without LeBron.

Because the media is going to play it up like some big accomplishment for a father and son to play together, but the reality is that it's fake because Bronny wouldn't be in the league without LeBron.
Because for LeBron it kind of is a big accomplishment. It's a testament to his longevity in the league. He's still a top player 21 seasons into his career and was able to still be a top player when his son was old enough to be drafted. I think that's pretty cool, and quite frankly every single father in LeBron's position would also think it was a damn cool thing to do.

I don't think anyone has really made the argument that Bronny got drafted on his own merits. Almost everything I've seen from talking heads has been "yeah it's nepotism, but that's everywhere."

And let's wait a few years before we really judge this anyway. The kid did just have a heart attack like a year ago. It's a late second round pick, the chances of any player being picked there turning into long term NBA player is slim anyway, regardless of if it's Bronny or some random player none of us have ever heard of before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT