ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards

I saw almost zero growth from Edwards over the course of the season. Had unlimited leash, unlimited opportunity. I'm looking at these other guys, that are largely unheard of and unseen. But they all look and move like athletes. I don't think Edwards took advantage of the facilities and opportunities Kentucky had to offer in terms of physical conditioning. I think that's ultimately what cost him the most. I think GMs saw a kid that doesn't take basketball seriously as a profession.

The way Rich Paul operates he probably told teams not to draft Justin Edwards
Happy he gets to go home at least. Think he’s a good kid that had a hard time mentally when he didn’t have an answer in his tool belt at the college level when things weren’t going well.

Can’t imagine the psychological toll he’s went through the past year. Today was no different sadly.

Happy he gets to go home at least. Think he’s a good kid that had a hard time mentally when he didn’t have an answer in his tool belt at the college level when things weren’t going well.

Can’t imagine the psychological toll he’s went through the past year. Today was no different sadly.
I hope he has success and he seemed like a good kid.

I just hate the mentality of top recruits these days . But the NBA is to blame though . Look at who is getting drafted over older productive guys that spent a few years in college .

Exactly, he is now a professional athlete
Aren't they all now technically. College and high school kids are signing with agents and representatives to land lucrative NIL deals.

Unfortunately, the draft didn't pan out for him as envisioned but I still wish him luck pursuing his professional career. Some kids just get bad advice or seem hell bent on the next stage. Another season of college would've helped him regardless what the pundits say about draft class strength.

I believe he is the first college basketball player that started a college basketball season projected as a no. 1 pick in SOME mock nba drafts to never get drafted. Stunning.
I don't remember all the details surrounding the mock drafts when Chris Marcus played for WKU, but I believe he was thought to be in contention for #1 around the 2001 or 2002 NBA Draft. He ended up getting hurt, undrafted, and never playing a game in the NBA.

I hope he has success and he seemed like a good kid.

I just hate the mentality of top recruits these days . But the NBA is to blame though . Look at who is getting drafted over older productive guys that spent a few years in college .

Yep. Adem Bona gets drafted but Tshiebwe can’t? LOL. And then there’s Bronny… what an embarrassment for the league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT