ADVERTISEMENT

Just heard on the post-game that Willis tweeted out "The G league sucks"

It does suck. I’ve seen a few videos of some of our guys playing for some random obscure teams in the G league and there was legitimately lile 17 people in the stands lol.

Seems to me it would be quite easy to get “lost in the shuffle” of the G-League.
I’ve been to quite a few Texas Legends games, they play down the street from me. There has always been a good turnout to the games. They do a great job of community outreach, programs, camps and making the players accessible. So this probably helps, I don’t know what it is in other cities. I’ve been able to see some KY players and it’s nice to be able to take the family to a game without getting my wallet raped like the NBA. Willis should take the g league as an opportunity to get to the NBA, not be a whiny ass bitch.

I honestly don't know what the hoopla is about? The guy had his sights set on the NBA. He is now in Grand Rapids, MI. My grandson is going to Grand Valley State and has run into Willis at the gym a few times. He had met Willis when he went to UK. My grandson had met Willis playing pick up ball. Why should he be happy......he isn't where he wants to be.

You've clearly never been to a minor league baseball game. Heads and tails more fun than any MLB game, that's for sure. Cheap seats, cheap beer, great baseball, and some of the best in-game entertainment anywhere.

Not saying that the NBA is emulating that style, but on baseball I think you're wrong that MLB is better/more fun than minor league games.

Minor league baseball is fun. But not AS fun as MLB.

But I agree with your take in the entertainment. I love paying 2 bucks and watching a few future pros hit bombs on a bulls ass for a free steak.

Reactions: TheDude73
It was not directed at the current players. Honestly it was a terrible interview. He was supposed to be there to get the crowd fired up like they did with the Darius Miller video against UT. Ravi asked him how things are going wherever he is now and he said "It's ok. The g-league sucks but I'm fine with it for now." Which was pretty funny.

Then they asked him the total softball set up question "what do you have to say to the BBN" and instead of saying to get fired up and cheer on the players he spent about 40 seconds talking about how much we have been losing and it sucks to lose and they went through a rough stretch last year and yadda yadda yadda about losing. Then he finally got around to saying get loud in the final 8 minutes, and he delivered it with the emotive force you would expect from a guy whose facial expression did not change in four years.
:joy:

That’s because you’re not looking at through every angle. Same if you were at a bad job and told the media “this job sucks”. Now many will tell Willis “well if you don’t like it then just go play somewhere else, we don’t need you”

His honesty was refreshing not "regrettable"...

Kyle Tucker is such a dork.

I’ve been to quite a few Texas Legends games, they play down the street from me. There has always been a good turnout to the games. They do a great job of community outreach, programs, camps and making the players accessible. So this probably helps, I don’t know what it is in other cities. I’ve been able to see some KY players and it’s nice to be able to take the family to a game without getting my wallet raped like the NBA. Willis should take the g league as an opportunity to get to the NBA, not be a whiny ass bitch.

That's what you take out of that? You honestly think the guy took the lesser (much in some cases) payday to play in the G-League while not trying to make it to an NBA roster?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT