ADVERTISEMENT

Just accept it for what it is…..

Then to actually think we have 6 assistant coaches making probably between 500k and a million. (Ulis might not be making that much)

Talk about easy money.lol

Whatever they are doing, or not doing they should stop and do the opposite. :)

They all should donate half their salaries to charity.

He’s a very very very terrible coach. You watch the folks around the Country calling the games, commenting in the studio, you don’t think they don’t have a shit eating grin watching him lose. His incompetence is only overmatched by his arrogance. He cares nothing about Kentucky Basketball. It’s all about his greasy fat ass.

I think he’s the worst in D1 and that is not meant to be hyperbole.
Shit like this is why the rest of the college basketball world laughs at the UK fanbase. In no world of that not hyperbole. It’s time for a new coach, but to say that is crazy when you look at some of the other 361 coaches out there.

Shit like this is why the rest of the college basketball world laughs at the UK fanbase. In no world of that not hyperbole. It’s time for a new coach, but to say that is crazy when you look at some of the other 361 coaches out there.
BS!!! I coached in my younger days, this isn’t coming from someone clueless about the game. Name another coach who is worse than cal! Name another coach that would allow a team to run the same basic offense to score at will the entire 2nd half without making a single adjustment. Name another coach who would keep his best player benched the entire 2nd half for absolutely no reason and especially keep his best offensive player out of the game down by 2 with one possession to go. Name another coach that would draw up a dog shit play down by 2 at home and needing to score. Cal absolutely SUCKS!!!!! And yes he is by far the worst ****ing coach in the game today and the reason the college basketball world is laughing at us is because we are stuck with his sorry ass!!!!

He’s a very very very terrible coach. You watch the folks around the Country calling the games, commenting in the studio, you don’t think they don’t have a shit eating grin watching him lose. His incompetence is only overmatched by his arrogance. He cares nothing about Kentucky Basketball. It’s all about his greasy fat ass.
Yesterday Jay Wright said at the end of the game coming out of a timeout when we had to have a stop. “I’ve watched Cal enough to know they are gonna play this straight up and try to get a stop” basically Jay Wright knew Cal wasn’t going to do anything any different on defense, the whole country knows it.

A hall of fame coach that can't teach defense, how is that possible? Take 5 star players that are 5 stars because their handlers promote them to be. Give me players that can dribble, pass and shoot while playing defense, being a 5 star doesnt gurantee you can do all the above. The only way we get rid of the used car salesman is to not make the tourney with all this talent. He seems to be working hard to make that happen.

I think he’s given up. He made adjustments in 2011 and 2014 that led to Final 4 runs. Even if we go on some miracle run…which seems unlikely because we can’t stop a church league team from scoring at this point…this needs to be the final year.

Name another coach who is worse than cal!
So name all other 361 coaches and tell me what about their coaching is better than Cal. If you can’t do that saying Cal is literally the worst D1 coach is hyperbole.

Pregame comments from Couch Cal a couple years ago.

"Cal, the Cat's face a pesky opponent in 15 seed St. Peter's today from the MAAC Conference, who knocked off Monmouth in their conference tournament to reach the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time in their programs history. What do you expect to see from the Peacocks and what will do you think they will try to do today to derail the Wildcats and pull the upset?"

"I haven't had a chance to look at film, we'll continue to do the things that got us to this position"

A corpse has the same amount of game prep as Couch Cal.

…….Cal is a TERRIBLE X’s and O’s coach.

Does not teach fundamental defense.

Unwilling to make key defensive adjustments.

Coaches scared with a late lead.

Can’t draw up plays to make a late comeback.

COACHING MALPRACTICE
What’s crazy is that defense is suppose to be his calling card as a coach, and his teams are constantly out of position and don’t box out at all

I think he’s given up. He made adjustments in 2011 and 2014 that led to Final 4 runs. Even if we go on some miracle run…which seems unlikely because we can’t stop a church league team from scoring at this point…this needs to be the final year.
Ehh 2011, Brandon knight just decided to start taking over, and his big adjustment in 2014 was to get Julius Randle the ball in the middle of the floor and on the wings in iso situation more, not exactly the hardest thing to come up with

Ehh 2011, Brandon knight just decided to start taking over, and his big adjustment in 2014 was to get Julius Randle the ball in the middle of the floor and on the wings in iso situation more, not exactly the hardest thing to come up with
I disagree with 2011 only because they started playing Jones more on the perimeter and spacing the floor/utilizing their shooting ability. But at least he made adjustments. He used to try zone for a possession or two when things were going poorly. Why won’t he with this group?

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I disagree with 2011 only because they started playing Jones more on the perimeter and spacing the floor/utilizing their shooting ability. But at least he made adjustments. He used to try zone for a possession or two when things were going poorly. Why won’t he with this group?
Stubbornness, that’s always the issue with call, he won’t admit he is wrong

Reactions: uk78
I'm not sure he's actually a terrible coach. I just think he's not motivated to even give more than a minimal effort to coaching because it's not his priority.
This is why Cal is unethical as hell. He has made enough money to walk away and do the things outside of basketball he wants. He has deluded himself into believing he is changing the lives of these one and done players when in fact they were in effect already drafted when they got to UK.

Cal craves the attention, needs the attention but doesn’t want to be bothered with the actual job.

BS!!! I coached in my younger days, this isn’t coming from someone clueless about the game. Name another coach who is worse than cal! Name another coach that would allow a team to run the same basic offense to score at will the entire 2nd half without making a single adjustment. Name another coach who would keep his best player benched the entire 2nd half for absolutely no reason and especially keep his best offensive player out of the game down by 2 with one possession to go. Name another coach that would draw up a dog shit play down by 2 at home and needing to score. Cal absolutely SUCKS!!!!! And yes he is by far the worst ****ing coach in the game today and the reason the college basketball world is laughing at us is because we are stuck with his sorry ass!!!!
I can name one from the past, Nolan Richardson.
He was adamant about "we do what we do, we don't care what the other team does.
He was a one defense guy also.
Only difference is his guys would take your head off.

So name all other 361 coaches and tell me what about their coaching is better than Cal. If you can’t do that saying Cal is literally the worst D1 coach is hyperbole.
I asked you to name a single coach who is a worse coach than cal and your retort is for me to name all 361 coaches and their coaching traits that make them better than cal😂. GTFOH with that nonsense!!!! If you can’t name 1 and why then I’m certainly not going to name 361. Until you name 1 and layout your reasoning cal is most certainly the worst!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT