ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich gets paid $7-mil after burning down program

Obviously, he was paid to keep quite. He knows enough to decimate U6 even more than they are now with NCAA.

I will take do-gooder Mitch over crooked Jurich any day

I would too,but Louisville is a different animal than that of other places. Jurich has no chance at a top institution once they researched and vetted him as a serious candidate. He’s a con man, that’s why he stayed at Louisville.

I hate the comparison because Mitch is terrible in his own right and also a total hatchet man. I’ve always said he’s the George Bush of athletic directors in the SEC. He’s been terrible for our main athletics, and imo the only athletic director in UK history who has received mega wealth from network and apparel deals while having very little to show for any of it where it counts. He’s okay with okay, and as a fan it sucks. I’d much rather have neither in the choice, Jurich nor Barnhart. Give me an AD who can run fairly clean and respectable programs while also competing at an extremely high level. They’re called the best AD’s in the business, they do exist.

Kinda think the lump sum buyout was pre orchestrated a long time ago. Tyra considers Jurass as his mentor. They aren’t far apart

Reactions: Cindog28
I would too,but Louisville is a different animal than that of other places. Jurich has no chance at a top institution once they researched and vetted him as a serious candidate. He’s a con man, that’s why he stayed at Louisville.

I hate the comparison because Mitch is terrible in his own right and also a total hatchet man. I’ve always said he’s the George Bush of athletic directors in the SEC. He’s been terrible for our main athletics, and imo the only athletic director in UK history who has received mega wealth from network and apparel deals while having very little to show for any of it where it counts. He’s okay with okay, and as a fan it sucks. I’d much rather have neither in the choice, Jurich nor Barnhart. Give me an AD who can run fairly clean and respectable programs while also competing at an extremely high level. They’re called the best AD’s in the business, they do exist.

Athletics Directors, like any employee, do what their bosses and employment contract tell them to do. And from that perspective, there can be no debate that Mitch Barnhart has done a very good job while at UK.

If you don’t like what he’s doing, then perhaps you should take that up with Eli to have his job description changed to whatever you think it should be.

From the link:

"Unlike Hall of Fame Coach Rick Pitino, whom U of L also fired last year, Jurich did not sue the university over his termination.

But Jurich’s attorneys have been quietly negotiating for months with attorneys representing U of L over Jurich’s contract, which gave him employment through 2026.

Former U of L President James Ramsey even promised Jurich a year’s total compensation – a figure likely in the millions – if he were fired for “good cause,” such as misconduct.

The university said last year it wouldn’t honor various memos and agreements between Jurich and Ramsey, which the university claims were not appropriately approved."

[eyeroll] :rolleyes:[eyeroll]:rolleyes:

Ramsey may be the worst College President ever!! "If you cheat, then you will be rewarded and it's none of the University's business. I gotchu bro!" o_O

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
From the link:

"Unlike Hall of Fame Coach Rick Pitino, whom U of L also fired last year, Jurich did not sue the university over his termination.

But Jurich’s attorneys have been quietly negotiating for months with attorneys representing U of L over Jurich’s contract, which gave him employment through 2026.

Former U of L President James Ramsey even promised Jurich a year’s total compensation – a figure likely in the millions – if he were fired for “good cause,” such as misconduct.

The university said last year it wouldn’t honor various memos and agreements between Jurich and Ramsey, which the university claims were not appropriately approved."

[eyeroll] :rolleyes:[eyeroll]:rolleyes:

Ramsey may be the worst College President ever!! "If you cheat, then you will be rewarded and it's none of the University's business. I gotchu bro!" o_O

This is the piece that most people are not realizing when they’re shocked about Jurich’s settlement. Fact is, the University agreed to this years ago based on Ramsey’s agreements.

What I find frustrating, but maybe not surprising, is how little criticism the individual members of the Board of Trustees have received. Oversight of Ramsey was ultimately their responsibility and they were asleep at the wheel.

Reactions: Cindog28
The system is so twisted anymore, it’s pathetic that a school settles to limit their losses to an employee who was responsible for repeatedly retaining the coach that sunk the school.

I have some experience being sued. I'd bet a cup of coffee the school didn't actually settle. Their liability insurance provided attorney(s) decided to settle. Of course, they would have told ul admin they didn't have to do along with the settlement....but if they made that decision, they would no longer be represented by those attorneys or backed by their insurer.

That also means their insurer must have believed Jurich had enough ammunition to win a bigger award if it went to court or at least enough to drag the case out for a long, long time.

Ask the teachers and UL employees what they think of Jurich and Ramsey! They hate those guys. The Louisville media and Board of Trutees should be ashamed of their lack of backbone allowing the abuses which were easy to see. Too busy getting bought off. Poor students working and going to school getting hosed. How could Ramsey Jurich Pitino and those crappy Board members watch those kids struggling to pay ever increasing fees and not give a damn. Yet they siphon million after million off tax payer funds. Horrendous.

Wish they'd give Ricky P a bench pass to basketball gamesi.... We're gonna miss having him to kick around.....

Everybody gets a big money handshake when they get fired from UL football or basketball. Denny Crum got fat stacks and a $5.7 million consulting job for UL when he cried about being forced out. Ron Cooper got a $1 million after teaming with Rev. Bullhorn to claim he was fired because of race instead of his record. Kragpoop got $4 million as a parting gift when he was only due $2.2 million under his contract.

https://insiderlouisville.com/metro...nny-crum-5-7-million-in-the-last-seven-years/

So, I was a little surprised yesterday to hear the crowd on ESPN Louisville radio talking about how the move from "with cause" to "without cause" now means it's at least possible that Jurich one day comes riding back on his white horse to save UofL athletics. Whatever. They are just radio hosts, not rocket scientists, and most of them are openly UofL fans. But I have to say I'm disappointed in Eric Crawford, who's interview started the whole conversation.

I like Crawford. In an era when sports journalism - OK, all journalism - seems to go heavy on snark and sarcasm (see Forde, Pat), Crawford is a nice guy. He always takes the "it's never as bad as it seems" approach. He often defends Calipari, or at least take the positive view. Problem is, someone with that mindset in the midst of the last few years of one Louisville scandal after another is going to end up looking silly when they defend Louisville, Pitino and Jurich time after time after time after time....And that's Crawford.

But what he wrote this weekend takes the cake. Read this part:

"Secondly, Jurich clearly had some issues going on within the athletic department – but the university either was unwilling or unable to make a strong statement of fault that spelled out Jurich’s transgressions.

Yes, men’s basketball came unraveled. The working atmosphere, according to a lawsuit from former employee Kim Maffett and others, was not professional. There’s the whole bullying discussion that I won’t go into here. And there’s his support for Rick Pitino, for which he has come under criticism.

There was more. Foundation money flowing to athletics, or to Jurich. There were some questions over real estate deals that involved Jurich's family and the university.

There’s a lot of stuff, but there’s nothing in that whole list that screams, “Fireable offense.”"

Holy cow. Holy cow. Are you kidding me? None of that amounts to a "fireable offense"? The basketball program isn't just "unraveled". Hookers in dorms. 6 figure offers to multiple recruits. Eligible for the NCAA's death penalty. A federal investigation involving the FBI. Kansas just fired their AD yesterday because the football program didn't win enough games - and that list of transgressions (and that's only men's basketball) doesn't add up to a 'fireable offense'? And we haven't even yet talked about the hostile working environment. Or the financial shenanigans that, in a different place, would result in criminal charges.

No fireable offense. Good grief. I hope Crawford is smart enough, and has enough integrity, to one day regret that part of the column, at least.....

Reactions: deplion
So, I was a little surprised yesterday to hear the crowd on ESPN Louisville radio talking about how the move from "with cause" to "without cause" now means it's at least possible that Jurich one day comes riding back on his white horse to save UofL athletics. Whatever. They are just radio hosts, not rocket scientists, and most of them are openly UofL fans. But I have to say I'm disappointed in Eric Crawford, who's interview started the whole conversation.

I like Crawford. In an era when sports journalism - OK, all journalism - seems to go heavy on snark and sarcasm (see Forde, Pat), Crawford is a nice guy. He always takes the "it's never as bad as it seems" approach. He often defends Calipari, or at least take the positive view. Problem is, someone with that mindset in the midst of the last few years of one Louisville scandal after another is going to end up looking silly when they defend Louisville, Pitino and Jurich time after time after time after time....And that's Crawford.

But what he wrote this weekend takes the cake. Read this part:

"Secondly, Jurich clearly had some issues going on within the athletic department – but the university either was unwilling or unable to make a strong statement of fault that spelled out Jurich’s transgressions.

Yes, men’s basketball came unraveled. The working atmosphere, according to a lawsuit from former employee Kim Maffett and others, was not professional. There’s the whole bullying discussion that I won’t go into here. And there’s his support for Rick Pitino, for which he has come under criticism.

There was more. Foundation money flowing to athletics, or to Jurich. There were some questions over real estate deals that involved Jurich's family and the university.

There’s a lot of stuff, but there’s nothing in that whole list that screams, “Fireable offense.”"

Holy cow. Holy cow. Are you kidding me? None of that amounts to a "fireable offense"? The basketball program isn't just "unraveled". Hookers in dorms. 6 figure offers to multiple recruits. Eligible for the NCAA's death penalty. A federal investigation involving the FBI. Kansas just fired their AD yesterday because the football program didn't win enough games - and that list of transgressions (and that's only men's basketball) doesn't add up to a 'fireable offense'? And we haven't even yet talked about the hostile working environment. Or the financial shenanigans that, in a different place, would result in criminal charges.

No fireable offense. Good grief. I hope Crawford is smart enough, and has enough integrity, to one day regret that part of the column, at least.....

Crawford has become the newest idiot in the media.

UL isn't going to bring back Jurich. The "without cause" deal helps him land an A.D. job at another school if he chooses to work again. Jurich has made more than $25 million off UL since 2010 (including the buyout) so he doesn't really need the work.

UL isn't going to bring back Jurich. The "without cause" deal helps him land an A.D. job at another school if he chooses to work again. Jurich has made more than $25 million off UL since 2010 (including the buyout) so he doesn't really need the work.
I really don't think the change in phrasing to "without cause" is going to change much for him. He was originally fired for cause, and the notice of termination was a scorched earth kind of thing. People know that happened. They know the history of UofL athletics, that it's a rogue kind of athletics department - people know about the hookers and the FBI and all of it. This change, coming about through a legal settlement - when the school basically had a gun at its head - isn't going to make people go "wow, guess I had old Tom wrong."

Reactions: Poetax
I really don't think the change in phrasing to "without cause" is going to change much for him. He was originally fired for cause, and the notice of termination was a scorched earth kind of thing. People know that happened. They know the history of UofL athletics, that it's a rogue kind of athletics department - people know about the hookers and the FBI and all of it. This change, coming about through a legal settlement - when the school basically had a gun at its head - isn't going to make people go "wow, guess I had old Tom wrong."

1.) Its an ego thing for Tom. So he can say he wasn't fired for cause. 2.) It does provide a fig leaf to a renegade program who would take a chance on him but need a board of trustees to go along with it.

Personally, I don't see why he would ever work again unless as a consultant or something like that.

I predict the Cards will be lousy in both football and basketball this year. Jurich has been allowed to stay around and he and his people will undercut Tyra .
Jurich will get standing ovations wherever he goes at UL the lower the football and basketball programs go.

Then there will be a groundswell to hire him back . Should be interesting and fun for UK fans but a mess for UL fans.
Whoever did this deal withdrawing the letter and giving him season tickets to all UL games is a fool. His presence will cause major problems as every decision Tyra makes will be second guessed.

I predict the Cards will be lousy in both football and basketball this year. Jurich has been allowed to stay around and he and his people will undercut Tyra .
Jurich will get standing ovations wherever he goes at UL the lower the football and basketball programs go.

Then there will be a groundswell to hire him back . Should be interesting and fun for UK fans but a mess for UL fans.
Whoever did this deal withdrawing the letter and giving him season tickets to all UL games is a fool. His presence will cause major problems as every decision Tyra makes will be second guessed.

As is often said here.....He gone.

You will not see Jurich around these parts. The only Jurich's attending their games in his seats will be his offspring. And certainly the tickets will provide him with a nice source of additional income and a way to stay in good graces with people in this community who he can continue to bribe with free seats at a game. But his butt will not likely be at a game for a very long time. JMHO

Can't see anyone hiring this slimy SOB. Would you hire a guy who publicly stated that he doesn't like to use email or texts because "those things can be used against you"? Even without all the other crap, that documented statement tells you everything you need to know about him.

Can't see anyone hiring this slimy SOB. Would you hire a guy who publicly stated that he doesn't like to use email or texts because "those things can be used against you"? Even without all the other crap, that documented statement tells you everything you need to know about him.

Lets see how long this guy lasts.

fulmer_500_original_original_crop_north.jpg

Reactions: JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT