ADVERTISEMENT

Jurich gets paid $7-mil after burning down program

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
http://www.wdrb.com/story/38217754/...ttles-with-fired-ad-tom-jurich-for-45-million

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The University of Louisville has agreed to pay more than $7 million to its former longtime athletics director Tom Jurich, who was fired in October following a recruiting scandal in the men’s basketball program, to settle claims over Jurich’s termination.

The settlement consists of a negotiated $4.5 million payment, another $2.7 million in deferred and retirement pay that Jurich had accumulated through the U of L Foundation; medical coverage for Jurich and his wife until they become eligible for Medicare; and eight club-level tickets, with two parking passes, for U of L football and men’s basketball games for 20 years.

Less money to pay the rest of their employees in the athletics dept.....

UL's the rotc fraternity pledge in Animal House, bent over in his skivvies: "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?"

Jurich is the psycho wielding the paddle...WHACK!

Only in America . And at UL. My first thought was the settlement was for Jurich to pay back money and Ramsey misappropriated from the foundation for his outrageous pay.
For UL to pay him one cent was poor lawyering and bad management .

1. It is obvious he never intends to take another AD job (nor will likely be offered one) after all this smoke clears. He will take this ill-gotten money he and Ramsey set him up with through this insane contract and pretend to be a big fish in a little pond with his medicare deal and ticket deal to uofl basketball and football games. Best AD? Ha. Best extortionist? By far!

1. It is obvious he never intends to take another AD job (nor will likely be offered one) after all this smoke clears. He will take this ill-gotten money he and Ramsey set him up with through this insane contract and pretend to be a big fish in a little pond with his medicare deal and ticket deal to uofl basketball and football games. Best AD? Ha. Best extortionist? By far!
I tend to think that as well. He has no chance of finding another fan base and media in a city that will be bullied and cowed into submission as he was able to do to UofL. He has to sit there and laugh at just how easy it was to steal every penny from them all while they took it gladly. Jurich is a very bad person and stole the University blind.

I tend to think that as well. He has no chance of finding another fan base and media in a city that will be bullied and cowed into submission as he was able to do to UofL. He has to sit there and laugh at just how easy it was to steal every penny from them all while they took it gladly. Jurich is a very bad person and stole the University blind.

Yet he found a gullible (or bullied) reporter to tell us how he went to Bible study every week.

Cannot believe they agreed to give him any type of tickets to UofL sporting events. I would have to think Tyra would not want him around the program anymore. Since they did, I hope they put a clause in that he can not sell those tickets. You know thats what he will do...he did as AD.

So Jurich is making about as much by being fired as he would while working, UL exposed again by putting 2 men above their program. I hope it cost them millions more for hiring those two idiots, what a backwards situation. The man was smarter than anyone who hired him, now he's laughing all the way to the bank and still has tickets to football games and other perks. All for the sake of winning and they still didn't accomplish what they wanted to do.[roll]

Clearly Jurich has a lot of dirt on the board at UL. He’s a mobster. Somebody needs to write a tell all book about his time at UL and name it “Those Dumb Bastards STILL Paid me”.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
The system is so twisted anymore, it’s pathetic that a school settles to limit their losses to an employee who was responsible for repeatedly retaining the coach that sunk the school. AD’s are paid too much and if their leadership damages the school then they shouldn’t be paid anymore than what they already earned. If Jurich had fired Pitino for the sex scandal like he should have then UL probably isn’t in trouble at all.

That former commuter school needs to have their state funding cut for being corrupt on multiple level. The president, board of trustees, athletic director and bb coach were all corrupted. No rogue or two but all of them and many fans were ok with that. I hope they get the death penalty, maybe that will wake them up.

Reactions: blubo
STAIN on the Commonwealth.

The fact he gets a lump sum of 4.5 MILLION from a university currently under FBI investigation is insane. He even gets HEALTH insurance until he reaches Medicaid age not only for himself but for his wife.

DISGUSTING. Wish I could cheat and lie at my job and make out like a bandit.

Do we as taxpayers foot that bill since UofL is a public university?

This state is becoming a joke.

Reactions: Cindog28 and blubo
Lord Turtleneck knows where ALL of the skeletons are buried. UL had to pay up, or else there is no telling what might find the light of day if Hoghead felt stiffed.

If he went to bible study it was to find a way to bully or fool its author.
He'd be barking up the wrong tree. Jurich probably has a circled pentagram and Aleister Crowley poster tucked away somewhere in his home. I doubt the man upstairs favors cardinal red quite the same way.

So Jurich is making about as much by being fired as he would while working, UL exposed again by putting 2 men above their program. I hope it cost them millions more for hiring those two idiots, what a backwards situation. The man was smarter than anyone who hired him, now he's laughing all the way to the bank and still has tickets to football games and other perks. All for the sake of winning and they still didn't accomplish what they wanted to do.[roll]

And you know he'll get a freaking standing ovation the first time he shows up at a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT