ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Jones spitting incident

TTU/UK fan

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2011

This is uncalled for and dirty. I don't care how good he is, he deserves some type of punishment, even if small. It makes the program look dirty.

There's no defending these actions.

I'm watching on my phone so it's hard to tell but does he get hit by somthing white right before he turns around?

Haha, give me a break. The teams we're playing in the SEC have their cheerleaders and fans leading chants that say "we just beat the hell out of you", etc and we're upset about a guy spitting a piece of gum. My goodness we're soft. This isn't basketball with pampered 18 year olds counting down the days to the draft. It's SEC football where the other team's bands and cheerleaders have cheers and songs with four letter words in them. Get over it

Haha, give me a break. The teams we're playing in the SEC have their cheerleaders and fans leading chants that say "we just beat the hell out of you", etc and we're upset about a guy spitting a piece of gum. My goodness we're soft. This isn't basketball with pampered 18 year olds counting down the days to the draft. It's SEC football where the other team's bands and cheerleaders have cheers and songs with four letter words in them. Get over it
+1.

Reactions: wyldecat
Its not like the kid could spit all the way into the stands. Had he run up, got on the side and then spit that's low class. He didn't flip them off or say "F*** You", the kid spit. People spit everyday, I bet he spits in practice too. Geez.

Reactions: fabcat
Embarrassing but not as embarrassing as the full grown hicks heckling a college kid. Not suspension worthy but I'd give him a warning to knock it off if I were Stoops.

Funny to see USM fan who posted this allow his fellow fans to heckle Jones while trying to catch him in the act of reacting negatively. You should be proud.

I find it sad that you all are defending this type of behavior. He spit at people. You can word it however you want but if you saw an opposing player spit towards our fans you would label them a punk instantly. It doesn't matter if it hit anyone, if someone spit at you I'm sure you would take offense. Its football but since when do football players spitting at fans become a norm. I'm sure it would be the same comments if it were Lamar Jackson (sarcasm).

I find it sad that you all are defending this type of behavior. He spit at people. You can word it however you want but if you saw an opposing player spit towards our fans you would label them a punk instantly. It doesn't matter if it hit anyone, if someone spit at you I'm sure you would take offense. Its football but since when do football players spitting at fans become a norm. I'm sure it would be the same comments if it were Lamar Jackson (sarcasm).
It was wrong, no doubt. Stoops needs to nip it ASAP but I don't think it's suspension worthy. Do you?

I find your definition of "spitting AT" very disingenuous. When I shoot my rifle, am I shooting it at someone that's in the same path but 250 miles away?

This is uncalled for and dirty. I don't care how good he is, he deserves some type of punishment, even if small. It makes the program look dirty.

There's no defending these actions.
That's not the worst thing that happened. Matt Elam farted and he was upwind from the SoMiss fans ! Some are saying it was intentional!

If I was low class enough to heckle a kid I WOULD NOT take offense , even if he mooned me . Who do you think he spit at , the Pope and his family? lol

Embarrassing but not as embarrassing as the full grown hicks heckling a college kid. Not suspension worthy but I'd give him a warning to knock it off if I were Stoops.

Funny to see USM fan who posted this allow his fellow fans to heckle Jones while trying to catch him in the act of reacting negatively. You should be proud.
I'm pretty sure it was one of their recruits that shared it. Could be wrong but his twitter says "ready to get to work in the fall" with a bunch of USM stuff.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
I think it reflects poorly on him. Just like I felt it was bush league when Pitino flipped our fans off. Sit him for the first quarter of the EKU game.

Reactions: PikeCat15 and Hjack
I don't like that he did it, but you included it in another thread specifically about Jones and "sideline character". Did you really need to start another thread about it?

Reactions: UKcats60
If I was low class enough to heckle a kid I WOULD NOT take offense , even if he mooned me . Who do you think he spit at , the Pope and his family? lol
I'm not clear he spit at anybody, I really couldn't tell. Might just as well been throwing a kiss.

IM OUTRAGED!!!!!!!

Sit him for the EKU game and have him ready for conference play.

IM OUTRAGED!!!!!!!

Sit him for the EKU game and have him ready for conference play.

I'm sure Stoops will find out the story so unless you are his Dad, I would get rid of the rage, there's too much out there today and its not safe.

Reactions: UKcats60

Did he spit on people? He spit over the heads of his own team. Did it reach the stands? If not, calm down.

He needs his butt beat via stairs

But down the road, kids and their dads are screwing paid hookers and UNC "students" attend completely fake classes while both schools want to say they are perfectly fine.

We should beat him up for it some, but in perspective this isn't a huge deal

How do you know he spit at people?

It was wrong, no doubt. Stoops needs to nip it ASAP but I don't think it's suspension worthy. Do you?

No. It needs to be taken care eof an addressed. Maybe a punishment like run laps. It's poor character and if he will do that infont of people then it says alot. For people thinking it's not a big deal, that's wrong. People want it not to be a big deal. But they would call any other player on another team dirty if they did it. Bashing the messenger is interesting. Is it weir dfor me to think spitting at fans is bad? I guess so.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
No. It needs to be taken care eof an addressed. Maybe a punishment like run laps. It's poor character and if he will do that infont of people then it says alot. For people thinking it's not a big deal, that's wrong. People want it not to be a big deal. But they would call any other player on another team dirty if they did it. Bashing the messenger is interesting. Is it weir dfor me to think spitting at fans is bad? I guess so.

I would hope you and others would have more info before laying the hammer if this was a kid from a visiting school. Spitting on pavement is no big deal. Is that what happened? If so, find something else to complain about.

Reactions: UKCatnNC and csrupp

As a Dad of 4 sons, I have found it's essential to get both sides of the story. Wouldn't you agree?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT