ADVERTISEMENT

Jones thinks Cal will have final say

Who is the snowflakes now? Times are a changing boys, jump on or get left behind, its up to you.

What a sad way to live. Give up everything sacred and follow the momentum, no matter who controls it? ...pathetic. I live in a somewhat economically deprived area in the which the drug epidemic has claimed a good chunk of my age group... since “times are changing” guess I might as well go join in huh?

Last edited:
Not sure I agree here (does he have that much pull?) but if Cal does support a name change he will be destroyed by Kentucky fans.

This is coming from a guy that really supports Cal....but he shouldn't be the one to judge Rupp as a final say on the matter- it is not fair to him, the University or the fans.

It's none of Cal's business. This is not the University of Cal.

Did Jones take a stance at all on show this morning?

Matt Jones said “I understand both sides.” Never took a stance.

Gives his take on every other political move, social movement, etc.

Yet, the one that could affect his audience, fan base, and wallet $$$...he shuts up and dribbles.

Hypocrisy. LeBron/NBA with China all over again except it’s in the bluegrass state.

Yet, the one that could affect his audience, fan base, and wallet $$$...he shuts up and dribbles.

Hypocrisy. LeBron/NBA with China all over again except it’s in the bluegrass state.

That is pretty lame. You can understand both sides and still give a real opinion. "I understand the faculty due to mixed history on rupp but ultimately he made kentucky basketball into the power it is today and there is no definitive proof he was a racist. The name shouldn't change based on what ifs and a maybe when it comes to a person's legacy." He is too scared to say that even though.

What a sad way to live. Give up everything sacred a follow the momentum, no matter who controls it? ...pathetic. I live in a somewhat economically deprived area in the which the drug epidemic has claimed a good chunk of my age group... since “times are changing” guess I might as well go join in huh?

Lol @ "sacred".

awesome can I have yours

I wonder why you’d think black lives matter is ruining sports. Could it be that maybe all the sports you like are dominated by black athletes that are tired of seeing black people murdered by police? No that can’t be it
The percentage of blacks killed by police is so minuscule......maybe if they were as concerned about.....All black lives, I could take them more seriously.......according to them if you are not shot by a police officer then it doesn't matter ........one of their leaders said as much on CNN......he said that wasn't their cause....he said someone should start another movement if you wanted to include all black lives........black on black crime is what is killing these democrat liberal cities.............

Maybe you misunderstand, most don't like his show because its lacks sport context in most shows. Being hard to like is just a by product.
Now there is zero sports going on to report. Maybe he is trying to fill time. The time he had Katrina Powell on was a classic. Matt used to drop bombs on UL. Loved when he used to drive UL crazy. What he said about them was true. Enjoy his post game banter when we do have games. I don’t listen to him on the radio much usually have other things to occupy my time. Why don’t people just not listen to him if they hate him!!

Reactions: 420grover
The best solution for both parties IMO would be:

1. Provide education/facts on Rupp. See Gabriel documentary and other works (I provided a doc in another post written by an HBCU grad and current history professor) and leave the name on the building

2. Focus on the other asks listed by department and work to meet their requests

That is called compromise and working towards a better outcome.
I have a third option.......Screw their demands.........If you don't like a work environment you can change jobs.......they get paid to teach.......I don't give a rat's azz what their opinions are.......How do they tie ICE to all of this.......they want lawlessness.........

Show me a hard core conservative coach that's successful today and we will be watching it on a VHS tape. Today's kids don't wanna listen to old fools like Bobby Knight. Times change and fighting those changes is one of the reasons this state can't attract anything but distribution warehouses and low wage jobs....Get on board or get left behind. That said, I don't support changing Rupp's name, but do support moving the Confederate statues in the state to museums or cemeteries.
Ridin With Biden Baby!!
coach K

#MattJoneslifematters. Just cause he is not conservative half you guys hate him. Rush is probably god in some of your eyes. Dont get your panties waded up over either of them.
Lol. U really brought it.

Joe B. and Riles should be the two that come out in support of keeping Rupp on the Arena.
Joe B. spent more time with him than anybody that is still living. There is no former player of Coach Rupp's still living that is more respected in the African-American Community and whose word should be good enough than Riles. They are both liberal.
No, black players and black media will have to defend him...

Matt is in a bind. This is a lot harder than sweet sixteen fast food, candy bar, or cereal tournaments.
He was probably on the phone with DNC operatives all night asking them what to do.
If he supports renaming Rupp, he will lose whatever political support he had from BBN. If he comes out against renaming Rupp, he will be branded as a supporter of systemic white supremacy by the lunatic left
I have no doubt this is true [roll]

That is pretty lame. You can understand both sides and still give a real opinion. "I understand the faculty due to mixed history on rupp but ultimately he made kentucky basketball into the power it is today and there is no definitive proof he was a racist. The name shouldn't change based on what ifs and a maybe when it comes to a person's legacy." He is too scared to say that even though.

Or perhaps he views the situation like I do and has no strong opinion one way or the other.

I think sometimes it's ok to not have an opinion about everything.

I'm not fighting about it at all. It is the name of an arena. I will go there whatever it is called. It is not worth fighting about is my point. Calm down.
Suppose this was your dad or grandfather whose name and records--yes, once they can get his named removed, that is an admission that he WAS a racist --then all history of his time at UK must be erased, also. There is no ending for these anarchists. So, if your dad /gf was about to have his name smeared and erased for all his accomplishments in his life with very little evidence that was being accused was being factual...what would your response be?

Last edited:
Matt ever take a stand?

Probably not. Dude says he a liberal but when it comes to an issue, he doesn’t wanna lose viewers so just says crap like “I understand both sides”

screw Matt Jones
He did. He said he would keep the name.

I'm not going to speak in absolutes on what my position would be

Honestly I wish people in positions of power had the foresite to see this coming and address it - either by profiting from the renaming and take the hit PR wise but not outrage the fans by insulting Rupp .......or saying that Rupp will be now and for the foreseeable future is Rupp without apology or remorse.

Renaming it for money and taking that money to provide scholarships, upgrades to the arena, etc would have pissed people off but they would have accepted it. We tolerate corporate greed against our legacy with marginal outrage - but to rename it just to engage people who feel entitled to demand it, without even considering the job they have is supported at some level by the contributions of the man they supposedly despise is not going to fly.

Rupp just didn't build a basketball program. He helped build a major state university. He helped build a major power conference and he contributed directly and indirectly to the growth and wealth of this state, such that it is.

They should be honoring the man for doing more to increase the fortunes of this state than many, many politicians and philanthropists.

Yes he did. He said he would keep the name.

now see what you started?

GOP rep. introduces resolution demanding the Democratic Party change its name or be barred from the House over past support for slavery and Confederacy

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) introduced a House resolution Thursday demanding that the Democratic Party change its name or be "barred from participation in the House of Representatives" due to its past public support of slavery and the Confederacy.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/gohmert-resolution-democrats-name-change

now see what you started?

GOP rep. introduces resolution demanding the Democratic Party change its name or be barred from the House over past support for slavery and Confederacy

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) introduced a House resolution Thursday demanding that the Democratic Party change its name or be "barred from participation in the House of Representatives" due to its past public support of slavery and the Confederacy.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/gohmert-resolution-democrats-name-change

I'm sure this will gain traction. Lulz.

I am loving this, I really am.

several Democratic Party supporters in this thread who don’t want the name changed LOLZ. Did you really think they weren’t coming for you?

All of the people who just had to vote a democrat in as governor, now will pay the price for it as he will have a voice in the name change. He will add pressure to change it if he hasn’t already.

Quit being morons. Stop voting for the Democratic Party and run them out before they destroy the way of life for you and your future generations. How much more do you need to see? As soon as they have majority support resulting from the hart celler act and incentives for votes from poor foreigners, they will destroy your grandchildren’s way of life. And don’t think for a second this doesn’t end with camps and gas chambers. History has already shown where accepted races to hate go.

Throw the Democratic Party in the trash and stop voting for them and this stops. But some of
You are so politically retarded you just can’t get the F out of your own way.

I hate both parties, but listen. You are a f’n retard at this point if you ever consider voting for those misfits again. What more do you need?

I’ll take a ban for the post I don’t gaf.

I am loving this, I really am.

several Democratic Party supporters in this thread who don’t want the name changed LOLZ. Did you really think they weren’t coming for you?

All of the people who just had to vote a democrat in as governor, now will pay the price for it as he will have a voice in the name change. He will add pressure to change it if he hasn’t already.

Quit being morons. Stop voting for the Democratic Party and run them out before they destroy the way of life for you and your future generations. How much more do you need to see? As soon as they have majority support resulting from the hart celler act and incentives for votes from poor foreigners, they will destroy your grandchildren’s way of life. And don’t think for a second this doesn’t end with camps and gas chambers. History has already shown where accepted races to hate go.

Throw the Democratic Party in the trash and stop voting for them and this stops. But some of
You are so politically retarded you just can’t get the F out of your own way.

I hate both parties, but listen. You are a f’n retard at this point if you ever consider voting for those misfits again. What more do you need?

I’ll take a ban for the post I don’t gaf.
True, there's a lot of people that vote Democratic because "my parents voted Democratic, my grandparents voted Democratic, etc". instead of thinking for themselves.

I’m all for moving the statue of a Confederate General from the center of town to the cemetery but Rupp is a different story. Removing his name actually lends credence to the notion that he was a big racist, and he wasn’t.

Perfectly reasonable. Wish more people took up this opinion. These things are always a bit nuanced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT