ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Juzang

Quickly still played over Whitney the vast majority of times, hence why he transfered mid season...
Mmmm, well, that's partly right. Truth is, Whitney's camp blamed everyone else for Kahlil's failures and pulled him out of school. IIRC, his dad was the loudest mouthpiece and is the biggest reason KW will never make it in basketball.

Reactions: Montana81
Calipari didn’t just come out of the gate playing Quickly over Whitney. He tried to force feed Whitney into the starting lineup, but he was so bad, Cal had to take him out.

Lets not act like Whitney didn’t force Cal's hand.
Whitney forced nothing.

You say that, but the very year Juzang was here, Calipari played a sophomore Quickley over Khalil Whitney. How would that be different than Juzang over Terrence Clarke? In 20/21, before Clarke's injury, Calipari was already playing Davion Mintz and/or Devin Askew over Clarke (by the UL game)

Boston and Clark were infinitely better basketball players than Kahlil Whitney. Even as bad as boston was at times he was still worlds better than whitney. I mean the dude is in the league and has looked every bit like he at least belongs when he’s played.

Also Clarke played 28 minutes a game. And he played limited minutes(16) against louisville because he wasn’t 100%. Cal didn’t play anyone over him. He tried Clarke at point guard briefly because Askew was terrible and mintz wasn’t a point guard. But clarke wasn’t either and at that point we were what…1-6? Cal was in desperation mode and willing to try anyone that could dribble the ball at point.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What does that have to do with anything?

Whether JC wanted JJ to leave or not, is irrelevant. He probably didn't want Kyle Wiltjer, Charles Matthews, Marcus Lee, or Dontaie Allen to leave either, but that doesn't change the fact that Cal played his NBA prospects over guys that are set up to win college games.

But my point stands, while UK is judged on titles, it doesn't mean Final fours aren't great, it doesn't mean FF's aren't a thousand times better than going 9-21 and missing the tournament. Cal went 9-21 with his NBA prospects, UCLA used a guy UK threw away, to get to a FF. Not only did JJ help them get to the FF, he was the guy that dragged them there.
Forget the NBA talking point because the kid was very justifiably behind Maxey and Quickley based purely on college play.

Reactions: kl40504
It's absolutely amazing how much talent passed through here over the last 15 years, and we only have one title to show for it.

I remember before Calipari when we’d absolutely hammer Dean Smith over far less. Had to hire cal but man I hate what his place looks like long term in our history. We need a modern goat with multiple titles in a bad way. We simply cannot call ourselves the top spot much longer if we can’t land it. Not with everyone else constantly making final fours and winning titles each decade.

Come on Pope, be the guy. It wood be amazing for the modern goat to be a UK guy.

I remember before Calipari when we’d absolutely hammer Dean Smith over far less. Had to hire cal but man I hate what his place looks like long term in our history. We need a modern goat with multiple titles in a bad way. We simply cannot call ourselves the top spot much longer if we can’t land it. Not with everyone else constantly making final fours and winning titles each decade.

Come on Pope, be the guy. It wood be amazing for the modern goat to be a UK guy.

I do think we need 2 titles in the next decade in a bad way.

UK is well over due for a mini run

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT