ADVERTISEMENT

Johnell Davis trending towards Arkansas per Travis Branham

This will destroy the mentality of a freshmen-led team as we know will come to be. One player making all that money and the young guns are making less and they are better prospects. Please,I've seen it with my own eyes. Good luck with that!

It means that we have Richmond, Boogie, Aidoo visiting this weekend, Knox committed, and the team is starting to take shape. Hence he can see what he’ll be part of and that excites him…that and the money too. Momentum is everything, and Cal is really good at generating recruiting momentum, as y’all know.
I actually think he’ll do really well next season at Arkansas. But UK fans know that the Cal from 2009-2015 is not the Cal of 2024.

No sane UK fan ever questioned his ability to stack rosters with 5 stars. But his roster building in terms of fit and continuity was never great and it completely fell off a cliff the last 5 years.

It pains me to say it but his sole championship at UK probably only happened because the NBA lockout forced Jones and Lamb to return to school. If not for that they both probably leave and that team, even with a generational player like Anthony Davis, doesn’t win the title.

I wish no ill will on Arkansas or Cal honestly but I’m predicting that your fans will get over the honeymoon phase faster than you hope. But maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see.

I wasn't sure either immediately and don't follow Michigan but they had that with Love last year and one other guy too-forget who it was??

He brought in Vlad Goldin with him and combo of he/Danny Wolf from Yale is going to help May a lot. Like the Roddy Gayle addition too. Sam Walters has potential but if Oats was fine letting him go-I'm guessing he'll be a project for May too.
They can admit guys that have graduated and Freshman/Sophomore portal guys. The problem comes with the Juniors and Seniors. From what I've read they need to get over have their credit at UM which is nearly impossible for Juniors and totally impossible for Seniors that haven't graduated. They will take all Ivy league type transfers.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
They can admit guys that have graduated and Freshman/Sophomore portal guys. The problem comes with the Juniors and Seniors. From what I've read they need to get over have their credit at UM which is nearly impossible for Juniors and totally impossible for Seniors that haven't graduated. They will take all Ivy league type transfers.
Thanks for clearing this up. Appreciate it

Reactions: permdaddy
Careful what you wish for because you are living it right now.

Sad to see what our program has become and the experts seem to have nailed it.

I guess this is what we get for those who wanted to run Cal off and don't say he quit because he only quit because the constant bashing he has taken in the last 4 years.

His coaching wasn't great but you will never see another like him here at Kentucky in recruting.

I guess this is what we get for those who wanted to run Cal off and don't say he quit because he only quit because the constant bashing he has taken in the last 4 years.

His coaching wasn't great but you will never see another like him here at Kentucky in recruting.
Will you come back and admit you’re an idiot in 3 months? Cal can literally have 2 lottery picks coming off the bench and do nothing with it, talent has never been his problem. Oh no is Cal going to still get talent.. we better be careful

Good Riddance!!!!

Cal could recruit the Nuggets roster and he would still fail and get outcoached.

I'm much happier and excited about UK today than I was a month ago.

Luckily, you got about 100 other teams you can root for now

Where's your source that he would have 100% accepted the job?? Need a source instead of just assuming he was going to take the job. Also absolutely embarrassing that people are already flipping out. Just messed up.
Even if he did, why wouldn't he be even further in the hole evaluating, making contacts, getting visits, and negotiating?

Billy wouldn't be bringing the Bulls to Lexington so he'd be at ground zero.

I hope we never see recruiting like his here again because you can't hang a banner now with 3 or more Freshman starters, Ain't happening.

Shouldn’t be a problem for you. Just cross off UK and cheer for one of the other teams in your avatar.

It means that we have Richmond, Boogie, Aidoo visiting this weekend, Knox committed, and the team is starting to take shape. Hence he can see what he’ll be part of and that excites him…that and the money too. Momentum is everything, and Cal is really good at generating recruiting momentum, as y’all know.
Yea, but in the end you’re still Arkansas.

I know I’ve been impatient at times. Don’t mean to be I just can’t wait to see the team we will have
I understand me too but some of these other people are just flat out saying how bad we’re going to suck. How do they even remotely know that we have like 3 players on the roster. I have faith Pope will put together a competitive roster. Now we also have a coach that can actually coach and not just roll the balls out. Hell he’s even put together an A+ staff. The guy wants to win and he will win.

Reactions: dl51344

Fn clueless GTFO back to your video games clown

Fn clueless GTFO back to your video games clown
That dude likes 100 different teams…. We all should be grateful that Arkansas took that 🤡 off of our hands. He’s right the only thing the guy could do is recruit ( that was becoming questionable) because about every coach in America could out coach the 🤡! He broke too many of the wrong records at UK and he cared for too many of the wrong things while coach of The University of Kentucky!!!!

Yes ...and as youall know , youall can now have all the headaches/lies of the oad and players first, we play for March till it dosen't. Good luck and good riddance!!!

What's your deal? Anyone with multiple teams doesn't have a team. Why don't you let us Kentucky fans worry about Kentucky? GTFO

Take Kentucky off your picture of your 4 favorite colleges and add Arkansas. All you’ve done is cry about Cal leaving.

Calipari has always been the champion of the off season. He will recruit well and get positive buzz. Nothing new there. The problem for him is Nov-March.
Exactly, everything that has happened at Arkansas is expected IMO. A carbon copy of here, the staff is the same, the coach is the same. What has changed except the Jersey and the employer?

Reactions: docholiday51

Lul, 5 stars that don’t mesh. His recruiting was great but come November we all wondered wtf?????

Reactions: Wonky
They spent a shit load the last two seasons on transfers. They lived in the transfer portal under Musselman.
Seems to me after last season donors may be hesitant to buy another team so fast. Maybe it’s like us buying groceries or something. I don’t have 40 billion dollars lol.

Cheer up, the buckeyes look good on the gridiron.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
I know this guy is highly respected as a player. I have doubts that he is better than Antonio Reeves.
Yeah if he's so good idk why he didn't declare for the draft.
Kinda reminds me about about the hype around Max Abmas.
He was good at Texas but didn't take them to another level

Reactions: Fox2monk
So Cal is going to have a loaded roster of NBA talent?

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT