ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari silence

He'll be vomiting out all of his cheap clichés soon enough. Just give it another 6 weeks or so.

By Christmas, you'll be sorry you were initially wondering where he was in September when Arkansas has a top 10 team, a top 2-3 recruiting class coming in, and Calipari running his mouth every chance he gets.

Other than here, he has disappeared out of the spotlight. His ego won’t be able to handle that. How long before he tries to jump to a larger gig where he can be the headline?
Why are you presuming that’s an option?

No “larger gigs” than Arkansas are interested in Calipari nowadays. If he could’ve gotten one then presumably that’s where he would’ve jumped to instead.

It's the start of football season. No one cares about college basketball until mid February except for a low percentage of fans.

I'm sure Calipari and Arkansas will be one of the headliners once basketball season starts for espn and cbs and so on. They will be one of many teams in the pre sec convo for who can win the conference. Same with UK.

Reactions: HReardon
It is early September. Football season just started and the baseball pennant races are rolling. What college basketball coach is in the spotlight, unless it's for a scandal?
Agreed with this . I don’t remember Cal being out there nationally around this time when he was here .

When did the visit to Drake house happen last year ? That made headlines but I’m still going with it’s a slow time for college basketball with football being back

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Other than here, he has disappeared out of the spotlight. His ego won’t be able to handle that. How long before he tries to jump to a larger gig where he can be the headline?
Jump?

diving jumping pig GIF

He'll be vomiting out all of his cheap clichés soon enough. Just give it another 6 weeks or so.

By Christmas, you'll be sorry you were initially wondering where he was in September when Arkansas has a top 10 team, a top 2-3 recruiting class coming in, and Calipari running his mouth every chance he gets.
Leave it to you and running richie to paint the worst possible scenario to UK fans. It's like clockwork. Never forget you two running down the streets, buck naked, screaming FIRE! FIRE !!!........the night Pope was hired. [roll] :flush:

#Karens

Leave it to you and running richie to paint the worst possible scenario to UK fans. It's like clockwork. Never forget you two running down the streets, buck naked, screaming FIRE! FIRE !!!........the night Pope was hired. [roll] :flush:
I prefer that the multi-account resident loony tunes like you don't quote me or try to interact with me, but if we must...

You're criminally naive if you don't think Calipari has top 10 talent, that he'll try everything in his power to prove BBN wrong, and that they can make some serious noise this season with the likes of Davis, Fland, and a second-year Wagner. Additionally, he's not going to suddenly stop bringing in top 3 classes just because you think he shouldn't be able to.

Also, really well played with the "Karens" edit. To think that you added that retrospectively is very telling stuff. You went away from the keyboard, reread your post, and then thought to yourself, "I'll think I'll add 'Karens'. That'll get to those guys."

Reactions: Skyguyb27
I prefer that the multi-account resident loony tunes like you don't quote me or try to interact with me, but if we must...

You're criminally naive if you don't think Calipari has top 10 talent, that he'll try everything in his power to prove BBN wrong, and that they can make some serious noise this season with the likes of Davis, Fland, and a second-year Wagner. Additionally, he's not going to suddenly stop bringing in top 3 classes just because you think he shouldn't be able to.

Also, really well played with the "Karens" edit. To think that you added that retrospectively is very telling stuff. You went away from the keyboard, reread your post, and then thought to yourself, "I'll think I'll add 'Karens'. That'll get to those guys."
No doubt he has top ten talent. He always will.

If he produces top ten results he has stolen money for the last 4 or 5 years.

I don’t see any reason to believe we will see the Cal from the first 7-8 years at UK. I expect the same old recent song and dance

i doubt it. i say he shites the bed

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
No doubt he has top ten talent. He always will.

If he produces top ten results he has stolen money for the last 4 or 5 years.

I don’t see any reason to believe we will see the Cal from the first 7-8 years at UK. I expect the same old recent song and dance
His NBA draft schtik was going to always allow him to get top talent. Now with the portal and Arkansas boosters, I think the talent will be even better. However, that talent has been nothing but fools gold for a while now.

Something else that is rarely mentioned is the current state of the SEC. Calipari will no longer be able to enjoy the lack of quality opponents. There are some good coaches in the conference, and they don't take moral victories.

Reactions: RunninRichie
His NBA draft schtik was going to always allow him to get top talent. Now with the portal and Arkansas boosters, I think the talent will be even better. However, that talent has been nothing but fools gold for a while now.

Something else that is rarely mentioned is the current state of the SEC. Calipari will no longer be able to enjoy the lack of quality opponents. There are some good coaches in the conference, and they don't take moral victories.

That's gonna apply to UK and Pope as well. This conference is never gonna go back to the way it used to be. It's gonna be a war every season and many teams are gonna have a shot at the conference title.

Cal will be 66 before the next NCAA tournament and his best days are long behind him. Remember that he has last years’ Kentucky team minus the talent and UK’s recruiting class minus the best player.
Whatever he does next season will be the best he has at Arkansas.

That's gonna apply to UK and Pope as well. This conference is never gonna go back to the way it used to be. It's gonna be a war every season and many teams are gonna have a shot at the conference title.
The SOS for SEC teams is going to be coming out of the conference. I don't know the last time it was like that, if any.

Cal will be 66 before the next NCAA tournament and his best days are long behind him. Remember that he has last years’ Kentucky team minus the talent and UK’s recruiting class minus the best player.
Whatever he does next season will be the best he has at Arkansas.
Not as long as he has John Tyson and Wal-Mart on his side. Money talks.

Arkansas has always had the Tysons and Waltons and very limited success in the past 30 years. Calipari is not as good a coach as Musselman
Arkansas hasn't always had a legal pay-for-play, transfer portal, or the greatest recruiter of all time having a chip on his shoulder. Add the "look at all the NBA players I've coached" recruiting pitch, a more fun atmosphere at games, and a rejuvenated fanbase (credit to Musselman) and that's a hell of a contender for elite players.

It looks like Wal-Mart and Tyson are having a bigger interest in Arkansas athletics now:

Having said all that, just because your kitchen has the absolute best ingredients doesn't matter if the chef can't cook. They should have tried to keep Musselman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT