ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Justice

I just don’t think he helps much at all, whether it be player development on the court or in recruiting. Would rather have somebody who makes a difference.

He is likely an integral piece of the behind the scenes game prep. Cal wouldn’t have kept him around if that were not the case.

Reactions: Jazzycat
Obviously you don't get these chances without being a good coach and he is a great recruiter ( he and payne help seal up top 2 classes every year ) but I don't know enough to say if he will succeed or not . I know I like all of our coaches . I don't think Cal has had a single coach here that I have had any problem with. But that is natural when you are the most successful program over the last 10 years.

I guess some people have to bitch about something but there is nothing this guy or anything of our coaches have done that could make someone say " OH I don't like him" . Cal doesn't give the guys enough rope for that to even happen if you know what I mean. Cal is the general and everything is his doing . Which is good but I am just saying. If you have any problem with anything you would have it with Cal .

Obviously you don't get these chances without being a good coach and he is a great recruiter ( he and payne help seal up top 2 classes every year ) but I don't know enough to say if he will succeed or not . I know I like all of our coaches . I don't think Cal has had a single coach here that I have had any problem with. But that is natural when you are the most successful program over the last 10 years.

I guess some people have to bitch about something but there is nothing this guy or anything of our coaches have done that could make someone say " OH I don't like him" . Cal doesn't give the guys enough rope for that to even happen if you know what I mean. Cal is the general and everything is his doing . Which is good but I am just saying. If you have any problem with anything you would have it with Cal .

You know what, you’re probably right. I need to stop being an idiot long enough to have a decent discussion. Sorry for my stupidity

you ever been to Boone
it is beautiful, much like eastern KY
my father-in-law and my uncle lived there for decades
i caught my first wild trout there

I love Boone NC. And if I ever had a chance to work at ASU I would bolt in a heartbeat. I will be working in streams there this weekend as a matter of fact :)

You know what, you’re probably right. I need to stop being an idiot long enough to have a decent discussion. Sorry for my stupidity
How is it a decent discussion when you are saying good riddance to one of our own?

Agree. So many “experts” on here with a deep knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of the UK coaching staff.
I agree none of us have any idea what these guys do or don't do for the team, i'm sure they do a good job or Cal wouldn't keep them around.

He is likely an integral piece of the behind the scenes game prep. Cal wouldn’t have kept him around if that were not the case.
He was brought in to relate to the younger generation of players coming up, his specialty is supposed to be recruiting. You can draw your own conclusion as to whether you think he’s helped or not. I personally would only like to see Barbee go elsewhere, never liked his personality or lack thereof and feel like he’s a bit of a Calipari charity case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT