ADVERTISEMENT

Jodie Meeks/Reed Sheppard

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
Remember how much we all lamented that Jodie Meeks didn't stay on to play for Cal's first team? I think it's going to be even worse that Reed didn't get to play for Coach Pope this year. Can you imagine?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reed was a lottery pick though and CMP wanted him to stay . I believe Meeks could have improved his draft pick and Cal didn’t want him to stay. I absolutely heard Cal say in an interview that someone that was around our program and “knows basketball “ told him that Jody Meeks couldn’t help that team . Of course I don’t believe anything that comes out of the bastards mouth so it’s probably a lie .

Reed was a lottery pick though and CMP wanted him to stay . I believe Meeks could have improved his draft pick and Cal didn’t want him to stay. I absolutely heard Cal say in an interview that someone that was around our program and “knows basketball “ told him that Jody Meeks couldn’t help that team . Of course I don’t believe anything that comes out of the bastards mouth so it’s probably a lie .
Yeah that makes sense. The LAST thing that ’10 team could have used was a 41% shooter from 3. 🙄

Meeks would've been the consistent 3-point shooter that the 2010 team was sorely missing. Add him to Wall, Cousins, etc. and that is a championship team.

As far as Reed goes, selfishly, I would have loved to see another year of him in Kentucky Blue. But I can't fault him for chasing his dreams.

Remember that E8 vs WVU. BS he couldn’t have helped that team.

He would have kept thy team from being beatable. They couldn’t double cousins or Wall at all with him on the court.
Yep. Wall could take any one person off the dribble and Meeks could hit any open shot. So clear one side of the court and give Wall the ball. He drives and beats his man or Meeks’ guy helps, leaving him open. Rinse and repeat until you cut down the nets.

Reactions: Fox2monk
According to Jeff Sheppard Reed has made up his mind long before Cal left or the season ended that he was going pro, and he was the 3rd pick, so totally different circumstances than Meeks.
Yeah , Mark knew that Reed would not be here when he accepted the job .

I think he starts instead of Bledsoe, but I honestly don't think it matters. We would have avoided shooting ourselves out of the WVU game if Meeks was around to hit a few shots.
Yeah that makes sense. The LAST thing that ’10 team could have used was a 41% shooter from 3. 🙄
Well we all know how much emphasis Cal put on shooting (zero) , especially in his early “dribble drive” days. So it’s not surprising he wasn’t interested in Meeks .

Cal would have started Wall, Bledsoe, and Meeks together, and rightfully so. So they give up some length on the perimeter. Who cares? They've had Patterson and Cousins downlow to provide help.

Reactions: ganner918
Don't see it.

2010 100% wins the title with Meeks.

Don't feel anywhere near that with this team.
They might have gone undefeated. I mean, even without shooting, those dudes were 35-3. Put Meeks with them, a 41% three point shooter and a guy who could score 24 points/game, and is it so far-fetched that they could shore up those three losses or get by WVU, Duke, and Butler?

They might have gone undefeated. I mean, even without shooting, those dudes were 35-3. Put Meeks with them, a 41% three point shooter and a guy who could score 24 points/game, and is it so far-fetched that they could shore up those three losses or get by WVU, Duke, and Butler?
Add an All American to team that's already a 1 seed, and he just happens to address the team's biggest weakness? And let's not forget, Jodie had a ton of success driving as well, he'd have been a natural in the offense we ran that year.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT