ADVERTISEMENT

Jodie Meeks/Reed Sheppard

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
Remember how much we all lamented that Jodie Meeks didn't stay on to play for Cal's first team? I think it's going to be even worse that Reed didn't get to play for Coach Pope this year. Can you imagine?

Reed was a lottery pick though and CMP wanted him to stay . I believe Meeks could have improved his draft pick and Cal didn’t want him to stay. I absolutely heard Cal say in an interview that someone that was around our program and “knows basketball “ told him that Jody Meeks couldn’t help that team . Of course I don’t believe anything that comes out of the bastards mouth so it’s probably a lie .

Reed was a lottery pick though and CMP wanted him to stay . I believe Meeks could have improved his draft pick and Cal didn’t want him to stay. I absolutely heard Cal say in an interview that someone that was around our program and “knows basketball “ told him that Jody Meeks couldn’t help that team . Of course I don’t believe anything that comes out of the bastards mouth so it’s probably a lie .
Yeah that makes sense. The LAST thing that ’10 team could have used was a 41% shooter from 3. 🙄

According to Jeff Sheppard Reed has made up his mind long before Cal left or the season ended that he was going pro, and he was the 3rd pick, so totally different circumstances than Meeks.

Reactions: ganner918
I'm not saying Reed should have stayed considering his draft status. I'm saying him not getting the chance to play for his dad's friend in this offense is going to be one of the greatest What Ifs in our history, rivaling Meeks and the 2010 team.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I always wonder what the 2006 team could have done if Azubuike's dad didn't go to prison

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT