ADVERTISEMENT

JJ Redick/ Reed Sheppard

Redick was a better offensive player but had some short comings on D. But who can question Sheps offense with the percentages he is putting up.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Big difference is when Reddick was playing and was great he had a college career. There was not this one good season, or even not a good season but with "potential" an immediate jump to the NBA. So, players like him that were really good out of High School got to develop their skills even more by staying and playing in college.

Reed is my favorite player on this team, by a mile.

He's pure money when his shots come within the flow of the offense. But I'm not yet convinced he can consistently get his own shot.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Sheppard is a better player than JJ. JJ is the better shooter. Sheppard will have a long NBA career barring injury.

Two things -

- can’t stand that you even mention Shep in the same sentence with JJ.

- I hate JJ.

26925821_5dcdab03b8.jpg

Jj was lights out but not the athlete Reed is, not the rebounder, passer or defender Reed is.
Reed is cool. Jj was a turd.

Reed made two post passes that very few college kids make, and he made them look routine.
The baseline wrap around to Tre’s outside hand. Then the post pass leading Tre to front of rim away from the D.
I know most guards should be able to make those passes but the fact is very few can/do.
That’s the issue with aau. Lack of fundamentals.

But yes, Reed>turd jj

No comparison with any puketoids. Just no. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. That’s like stepping in a cow pie on purpose.

I think the question is still debatable on who is the better shooter right now. Reed is shooting 66.7 % from 3 right now. The question will be can he continue to do that ?
No way he can keep it that high. But I think he can keep it around 50% IF he keeps taking great shots in rhythm and in the flow of what is given to him. But let’s be real, he keeps shooting so well he will become primary target of oppositions best defender when he in the game, so would be tough to keep up that clip.

I think most college kids would do well to have the career Reddick had.

A lot of things get harder at the next level. Some of the things Reed does so well may not work as well against NBA pros. Reed could ultimately do better than JJ. But JJ stuck around a LONG time because he was so good at one thing.

Elite shooting will keep you around. If we look back on Reed's NBA Career in 15 years and he's made 115 million+ by being an elite 3 point shooter--I'll consider it a success.

I think the question is still debatable on who is the better shooter right now. Reed is shooting 66.7 % from 3 right now. The question will be can he continue to do that ?
Look, JJ Played is whole career with defenses designed to stop him. We are not at that point yet. Tap the brake.

Different positions, different sizes, different coaches, different era.

Is Jimmer Fredette proof Reed won’t make it? Do black players feature into the logic here?

Reed is his own player, and what another guy has done isn’t going to factor into his career arc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT