ADVERTISEMENT

Jiquavious Marshall, ATH/CB, commits to Kentucky

Chris Collins was his primary recruiter. Another tall (6'5) CB coming to Kentucky?
I don't think I've ever seen a 6-5 CB because they're just not shifty enough. I know Westry was 6-4 but he was an outlier. I would think he's a Safety or Nickel.

I've also read that Antonio White is about to commit and he's a S also.

Stoops doesn't need corners who are shifty or compact to run side by side with recievers in man coverage, as he loves and want to zone at all times. He wants big ol tall rangy guys who spread out wide wingspans to erase open green throwing space in the secondary, forcing qbs to desperately look for throwing lanes.

Stoops doesn't need corners who are shifty or compact to run side by side with recievers in man coverage, as he loves and want to zone at all times. He wants big ol tall rangy guys who spread out wide wingspans to erase open green throwing space in the secondary, forcing qbs to desperately look for throwing lanes.
For the boundary corner right, but the field corner needs to be shifty and have great hips.

One thing Brad white doesn't get enough credit for is adjusting his defense to his personnel. He fielded really strong pass defenses over the years using pure zone, pure man, and man backside approaches.

It's pretty incredible how flexible we are. One reason I think we will have a strong defense so long as he is here.

A tall corner With good hands, who can catch it in traffic. He may be effective in both offense nd defense in certain situations. Sign that QB throwing him the ball as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT