ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Crystal Ball - Cade UK

And Cade hasn't announced a commitment date yet either. Once we get closer to an actual commitment it makes sense to pay attention to what these "experts" are saying. Until then, the CB picks or futurecast or whatever prediction is interesting, and they are nice when they pick UK. But they don't mean all that much until right before the pick.

We are getting close. And with the Browns saying what they are. Its all great signals for Ky. Even what askew is saying. Also points to cade to ky. What other pg's? Left? We need a pg. Doesnt garauntee us 100% done deal. But... Just feeling it has been for awhile. We shall see. Whatever daniels heard, must be extremely important for lead expert to put confidentiality in it as well. Hear say or not.

I tend to take stock in what Daniels says more than anyone. This year he is perfect in his predictions and overall he has a lifetime rate of 94% in predicting commitments. Others may be higher ( I don't know) but I just tend to trust Daniels more than anyone so when he changed his projection to UK I took notice.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I think that many of the other national guys don't want to be seen as following Daniels' UK pick.

If forced to choose, however, I think many of them would be lining up behind the UK pick.

They know they still have a few weeks before CC decides. So they'll sit on their OSU picks for a while if they can.

Reactions: jrpross and Mojocat
Would be interesting if they kept stats on all of the original crystal ball picks. I think most on this board could hit 90%+ picking on commitment days.
Even better, someone with much better skills than I could create a timeline to go with each of the actual picks, would make for an interesting read.

That’s good. I don’t think there is a lead expert on this though. I think he’s just the lead expert at that scouting company. Maybe I read it wrong though

Don't know if someone else has posted this... haven't seen it. Jerry Meyer, the "lead expert" on Cunningham's recruitment just changed his crystal ball pick to UK about an hour ago. I ain't a 'cruiting expert myself, but dis is good, right?

I’d love to see Cade commit sooner than later, but you guys know that if the pick is UK, Cal is going to want to see that commitment happen on prime time ESPN on the first day of the early signing period.

Yeah they would, but only because someone else said it and that someone else would have got it from the scouting expects. You do know kids change their mind right and the scouting people change when they get new info. At the time they get the info it’s correct for that time 94% of the time and that’s the case when it changes at another time. Right now the info Jerry and the other guy is getting says UK is in the lead. Could be another team after he has a conversation with his family and if the info gets out it makes sense for the scout to change it

Would be interesting if they kept stats on all of the original crystal ball picks. I think most on this board could hit 90%+ picking on commitment days.

I know it's only natural that outlets will report what was said on the Sources Say podcast, but I hope this news doesn't come back to bite UK in the butt. Implicating a pro-UK connection with an AU sponsor probably isn't the best PR move from a pro-UK media standpoint.

These outlets should question whether they'd rather report on elite kids actually coming to UK or being the "first one in the pool" when it comes to printing rumors.

This particular rumor could put Brown and his circle in an awkward position if it's true.

I'm not a fan.

Most often word of a kids decision leaks within relatively tight basketball circles, and leaks a couple days early.
It’s then, I presume, a few of these guys change their prediction. I’ve never followed them closely enough to know.
But it’s kinda the same - in the sense you can be wrong all the way up to just before decision, so long as you make the correct prediction at the very end.
You seem to know a lot about this recruitment. So you don’t think we get Cade? You were right on Blackshear, so I’ll give you that. Appears you think Cade is just messing with UK and will pick OK St..

This is worth remembering. We saw it with McDaniels when Daniels/Meyer both logged UK picks, then fluttered back to the Washington wagon.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now.
It's fine to be optimistic. I certainly am. And I love it when these guys pick UK for the top guys. It gives me hope. But it's not something I put a whole lot of stock into, unless a decision is on the horizon.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Don't know if someone else has posted this... haven't seen it. Jerry Meyer, the "lead expert" on Cunningham's recruitment just changed his crystal ball pick to UK about an hour ago. I ain't a 'cruiting expert myself, but dis is good, right?

Sounds good to me. Come on down.

Most often word of a kids decision leaks within relatively tight basketball circles, and leaks a couple days early.
It’s then, I presume, a few of these guys change their prediction. I’ve never followed them closely enough to know.
But it’s kinda the same - in the sense you can be wrong all the way up to just before decision, so long as you make the correct prediction at the very end.
We should create a new metric for tracking these recruiting experts accuracy.

Say track all the days they have picks in for each school and then divide by total days they had predicted. So if they have predicted a recruit is going to School A for 97 out of a 100 days, then switch the pick to the correct school in the last couple of days they would only be 3% correct instead of it being a total correct prediction on their record.

Reactions: truckbrandon
This is worth remembering. We saw it with McDaniels when Daniels/Meyer both logged UK picks, then fluttered back to the Washington wagon.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

Because McDaniels had already 100% verbally committed to UK. He got cold feet for some reason & took the easy route & stayed home. It was weird!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Yall make me laugh over on mcdaniels talk. Come on it was pretty simple. He got the spotlight at uw. I mean without him, they aint a complete team of worth. With him.. There is a chance of a strong sleeper team this year. Im sure quade didnt help ky chances at landing him lol. Smh

very common. you can be ranked higher in HS rankings based on potential even if you aren’t as skilled. Most number ones are picked on potential and skill that’s already shown more so than potential

Yet Cade’s projected as the #1 draft pick on the most recent mock draft.

It’s whoever makes a pick that that fan(s) like.

yeah, me too. I don't pay much attention to this stuff, honestly, but I thought everyone else thought that Evan Daniels was the key guy, the one who knows what's really going on. Now there's someone else!

So Meyer and Daniels picking UK for Cunningham actually isn’t good?
Just think they should call it something besides a crystal ball. They aren’t looking into the future, just feeling which way the winds are blowing at the moment.

Yes @TheAnonymous13 , can you please elaborate on what you mean?

I’ve been reminded to avoid this kinda stuff.
But - more than one school has been given reason to feel pretty good about its chances. And that is leaked, sometimes intentionally, to these “experts”.
I’m not saying he won’t pick Kentucky. I’m not dumb enough to venture in those discussions again! Good or bad! :)
But I have an idea where some of this intel comes from at times, and I’m not sure I’d call it “intel”.

That would be Evan Mobley.

Cade Cunningham is #2.
Some have Cade or Green #1 as well. Mobley isn't even a top 4 player IMO but he is so big and dominant people rank him high since he is a dying breed. IMO a guy like Wiseman is the 2x the player Mobley is . The 5 best players in this class IMO are Cade , Clarke , Green , Brown and Mobley .

Reactions: BlakeMonroe94
We may have been missing on bigs lately and even seen some flip flopping-why I don't know, but our track record with guards have been pretty solid for a long time.

I mean Maxey didn't pick SMU and his dad got canned because of it. Not sure why people are so worried about the brother. I know it's an obstacle, but not an impossible one. UK beats OKST in everything for CC to come here. OKST only has the brother, but they also might have sanctions and a coaching staff close to being fired.

I’ve been reminded to avoid this kinda stuff.
But - more than one school has been given reason to feel pretty good about its chances. And that is leaked, sometimes intentionally, to these “experts”.
I’m not saying he won’t pick Kentucky. I’m not dumb enough to venture in those discussions again! Good or bad! :)
But I have an idea where some of this intel comes from at times, and I’m not sure I’d call it “intel”.
You seem to be very plugged into the recruiting scene, especially in the state of Florida. Thanks for sharing. So, as with any recruitment, best to temper expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT