ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Crystal Ball - Cade UK

But but but Corey Evans and UK has a Jupiter size amount of ground to make up, scream the Negative Nancys

Reactions: kl40504
Never a bad thing but people should never pay much attention to those crystal balls UNLESS a commitment is happening in the next 24-48 hours as thats when everyone changes their pick to line up with what is going to happen.

I tend to pay attention when Evan and Jerry make picks.

Usually at the point everyone is changing their picks to the right school, there's pretty solid information all over the internet.

Most of the experts did that with Jaden McDaniels though but that is a good rule to follow, don’t get to excited unless it’s a day or two away from announcement

Right I’m not necessarily criticizing Meyer or singling him out or anything, But it’s why I try not to get to wrapped up in this stuff midstream because it all is subject to change. It’s kinda like Lunardi and his “99% success rate” bracketology. Well yeah because he does a thousand of them and changes it a hundred times right up until selection Sunday. If these guys had to make a pick and stick with it they’d miss more than they hit, probably.

Reactions: jace2012
Right I’m not necessarily criticizing Meyer or singling him out or anything, But it’s why I try not to get to wrapped up in this stuff midstream because it all is subject to change. It’s kinda like Lunardi and his “99% success rate” bracketology. Well yeah because he does a thousand of them and changes it a hundred times right up until selection Sunday. If these guys had to make a pick and stick with it they’d miss more than they hit, probably.

I think Bracketology is way different. We get new data points every 2 or 3 days as teams win and lose. I don't come away impressed that people do well in predicting it. But I'll give him the right ot change haha.

Crystal Ball on the other hand--what's the new data point? I heard from from his 1st cousin that he was going to Kentucky, and his coach said he really liked horse racing, so I picked UK. But then his uncle said he didn't like horse racing, but did like horses and they have horses in Oklahoma so I chose OSU. But then on the way to work, there was a ton of Fog, and I took that as a sign from God, so we're back to foggy.

I think Bracketology is way different. We get new data points every 2 or 3 days as teams win and lose. I don't come away impressed that people do well in predicting it. But I'll give him the right ot change haha.

Crystal Ball on the other hand--what's the new data point? I heard from from his 1st cousin that he was going to Kentucky, and his coach said he really liked horse racing, so I picked UK. But then his uncle said he didn't like horse racing, but did like horses and they have horses in Oklahoma so I chose OSU. But then on the way to work, there was a ton of Fog, and I took that as a sign from God, so we're back to foggy.

Most often word of a kids decision leaks within relatively tight basketball circles, and leaks a couple days early.
It’s then, I presume, a few of these guys change their prediction. I’ve never followed them closely enough to know.
But it’s kinda the same - in the sense you can be wrong all the way up to just before decision, so long as you make the correct prediction at the very end.

We need a guard that runs great half court offense. A leader, someone that gets in your face, leads,... A dog with great skill top talent type. Those guards win titles.

A shot blocker big and that's it's the class will be a Top 3 ever. Even if he's rated 3 star if he can block it's what's needed

Jerry rides the wave.
BD1-DE953-3631-4-D06-A5-B2-E4-CE5-D2-E13-C0.jpg

Reactions: the stat man
It's basically Corey Evans and Andrew Slater vs Evan Daniels and Jerry meyer

:joy::joy::joy: Ain't that true?

It's basically Corey Evans and Andrew Slater vs Evan Daniels and Jerry meyer
And even with Meyer and Daniels, Oklahoma State is still getting 75 percent of the crystal ball picks. Would like to see a few others start switching to UK.

Reactions: Big BlueBeard
I think the 2020 class and the overall #1 pick will be tough to project. There isn't a clear cut #1 right now and I'm not sure there will be one until next season starts(until Kuminga re-classes). There are a lot of elite athletes in the 2020 class so it wouldn't surprise me if there were a couple of kids that play better then their ranking and are in the conversation for the #1 overall pick.

From the list below, Anthony Davis, Andrew Wiggins, and Ben Simmons were the consensus #1 overall high school player according to 247Sports (composite). All in the list were top 6 or higher though. I was surprised to see that Derrick Favors was ranked higher then John Wall on their composite rankings.

2019 | No. 1 pick -- Zion Williamson (New Orleans Pelicans)
2018 | No. 1 pick -- Deandre Ayton (Phoenix Suns)
2017 | No. 1 pick -- Markelle Fultz (Philadelphia 76ers)
2016 | No. 1 pick -- Ben Simmons (Philadelphia 76ers)
2015 | No. 1 pick -- Karl-Anthony Towns (Minnesota Twolves)
2014 | No. 1 pick -- Andrew Wiggins (Cleveland Cavaliers)
2013 | No. 1 pick -- Anthony Bennett (Cleveland Cavaliers)
2012 | No. 1 pick -- Anthony Davis (New Orleans Hornets)
2011 | No. 1 pick -- Kyrie Irving (Cleveland Cavaliers)
2010 | No. 1 pick -- John Wall (Washington Wizards)

And even with Meyer and Daniels, Oklahoma State is still getting 75 percent of the crystal ball picks. Would like to see a few others start switching to UK.

I think it takes some time for everyone to login and change... as of yesterday there were still two people listing Isaiah Todd to UK... we all know that ship has sailed.

ADVERTISEMENT