ADVERTISEMENT

Jayson Tatum - City of Palms 2015

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
JAYSON TATUMChaminade College Preparatory School (St. Louis, M0); 2016 SF; 6’-8”; 195 lbs; 5-Star; 247Sports rank #3; Duke commit – I’ve seen Jayson many times prior to this tournament and I again saw one of the top Seniors in the country. He never rushes, has highlight film dunks, shoots the jumper, and has a signature fall-away jumper from inside. What was unusual this time is that in their game against The Patrick School (previously known as St. Patrick’s), which was a 3 point loss, Jayson shot less and didn’t take charge as he would normally do in a close game, scoring only 14 points. I have since learned that there is some team turmoil – more like parents turmoil. “My boy is as good as Jayson and should get the ball more.” No, your son may be good, but he is NOT as good as Jayson. Shut up and take care of your role. This may be the start of Jayson learning that you cannot please everyone. He’s a good kid with a great family, but I guess I’m gonna have to hate him while playing for Duke next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT