ADVERTISEMENT

Jauk11

CJNVol

Senior
Dec 30, 2004
I read an interesting article that I thought you'd be interested in. It discusses a new team recruiting ranking policy that Rivals is implementing. One particular passage really caught my attention as it pertains to our "discussion" over the last several days. You can read the entire article by clicking the link below here but I've copied and pasted the specific paragraph I am speaking of in this message:

"As always, Rivals.com will recalculate and reissue the team recruiting rankings in August in the annual Enrolled Team Rankings, essentially ranking the classes based on which players actually enroll in school and show up on campus. This is, arguably, the most accurate ranking of all but doesn't get nearly the same attention as the National Signing Day list."

The rankings for UT's last three classes that I posted in the other thread were from the National Signing Day list. Every one of them included at least one player that didn't make it in. For days now, I have been trying to get you to understand the concept that regardless of rankings on NSD, if even one player doesn't make it onto campus, the rankings are affected. I still cannot figure out whether you truly fail to understand this basic idea or whether you just choose to not think about something a mean Vol fan would say. So here it is from someone else. A third party, if you will. Just thought you'd be interested here.

New Rankings Policy

Amazing, some actual information that I can believe, Rivals should have been doing it from day one.

Look, I guess your point in this is showing how many of the players that signed with UT didn't make it. Funny. UK has much bigger problems, they have to take chances on non qualifiers because that is the only highly ranked players they can get from out of state, and we don't have many in state and lose a lot of them because of lack of tradition, etc.

In 06 UK got two rare four stars that panned out, M Johnson and Peters because they were in state four stars, but they lost Goode, an out of state four star because he left for Bama to sit behind a Heisman winner and a better talent as soon as they offered.

In 07 DJ Stafford was the only four star, and he tried but never came close to qualifying I guess. Bailey signed also, but it took him until this year to get here. In 08 we got one four star, Boyd, hometown and legacy recruit, but he hasn't done anything yet. In 09 we got two JC four stars and a four star QB that was injured and ended up never throwing a pass here. Last year we got one four star that redshirted at tight end although we lost all our scholarship TEs that played to graduation. So in the past four years we have had 8 four stars listed and only four contributed anything so far. Most of our real stars have been low rated two stars like Locke, Trevathan, (Cobb was before UT offered), Pryor, Jarmon, S Johnson, Burton, Tamme (when they committed) and Lindley, a 5.1 two star that grayshirted AND redshirted before playing for the Eagles. Lindley, a 5.1 and Berry, a five star, symbolize our programs.

So, were your four stars halved as far as contributing goes like ours were, and even if they were there had to be a lot more that the FOUR we had contribute in the past four years, out of the twenty some (to eight, four contributing) that committed and the EIGHT five stars (to ZERO, and I know Jackson and Berry started, five stars usually do).

Give it up man, UT went to OT to win in 09 and finished with a losing record just like us this year with tons more talent. They underachieved. Period. See the "underachieve" thread for a class by class breakdown.
This post was edited on 2/3 3:33 AM by jauk11

Originally posted by jauk11:
Give it up man, UT went to OT to win in 09 and finished with a losing record just like us this year with tons more talent. They underachieved. Period. See the "underachieve" thread for a class by class breakdown.
This post was edited on 2/3 3:33 AM by jauk11
Well, I'm not exactly sure where this turned into a UT/UK comparison. I thought we were just discussing UT, their recruiting, and their performance on the field. Sure, we went to OT with y'all in 2009. Your point? It would have been nice to be playing with some LBs that were even in our 2-deep rotation. You're screaming about injuries for UK, guess what? It happens to other programs as well. We had more injuries in '09 that I have ever seen. Still, all programs have to fight through that so I won't bitch about it. Fact is, UT still won. No mention of this year's game when we started so many true freshmen? How about our second losing season in four years in '08? How'd that one turn out? '07 was another "almost" for you so by reading your logic in this thread, that seems to be a victory for you. I would continue on but I am not going to type the results of the last few decades in here. Keep clinging to those "almosts" though.

This isn't really worth wasting my time. Maybe someone asked you to return (I sure as hell didn't) so you have fulfilled your moral obligation.

But, off the subject again, LOL, did you read the article about UT having three months to reply to the Orange Pride situation, in which they did absolutely nothing wrong-----according to you and your deluded fans.

They said they might even follow Kiffin to USC, a good thing.

This isn't really worth wasting my time. Maybe someone asked you to return (I sure as hell didn't) so you have fulfilled your moral obligation.

But, off the subject again, LOL, did you read the article about UT having three months to reply to the Orange Pride situation, in which they did absolutely nothing wrong-----according to you and your deluded fans.

They said they might even follow Kiffin to USC, a good thing.
Yeah, I read it. It's a step below "lack of institutional control." I hear we're looking at something like a loss of two scholarships for one, maybe two years with some other possible minor recruiting restrictions such as Dooley can't be on the road recruiting for a week or two. Sorry to burst your bubble man, not all that bad. UK fan calling UT fans "deluded." Good stuff right there.

What is funny about it was all the UT fans coming over here and saying there was nothing wrong with it. It's too bad UT has been cheating so long they are extremely good at it, it would really be interesting to know the real story. I wonder what the 22 year old woman had in common with the 18 year olds to have them travel 350 miles to watch a HIGH SCHOOL game.

Just like you say there is nothing wrong with ganging up on a guy and kicking him while he is down. Boys will be boys. LOL

What is funny about it was all the UT fans coming over here and saying there was nothing wrong with it.
You show me a quote of where I said "there was nothing wrong with it" and I'll respond further to this.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
Originally posted by CJNVol:
What is funny about it was all the UT fans coming over here and saying there was nothing wrong with it.
You show me a quote of where I said "there was nothing wrong with it" and I'll respond further to this.

OK, you got me, I meant the "all" as meaning a lot of them, not 100%. But there have been a lot of them, and if you don't pooh pooh it, you are one of the very few UT fans that don't. Of course they have quieted down quite a bit since the NCAA banned the harmless practice (wonder why they banned it) and now this.

Thought I would post this on all the threads on here infested (so if you see this line again you have already read all this) by the UT fans that don't understand "go away".

I asked several times what happened to the incident where the four star DE was charged with assault for hitting a man from behind. Since you seem to be big Vol fans you would think you would have had some knowledge of what happened to him. Here is my post which explains why you didn't respond. By the way, this was on another thread about another Vol facing charges of domestic abuse. The post follows:

"An interesting note at the end of the story. I had asked numerous UT fans posting over here what happened to him, now it seems pretty obvious why none of them replied.

In that case a 6' 4" 265# FOUR STAR DE was charged for assault after hitting a man from behind (naturally) while he was dancing. Really, I guess he had no choice, he didn't have a bunch of his buddies to help him and it wasn't a woman.

So, according to the link, this is what happened to him:

"UT defensive end and former Ooltewah star Jacques Smith was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of simple assault in October following an altercation at a bar and did not miss any games."

Also, I would like some clarification on the suspensions two out of the eight players got from the bar attempted murders (a shoe can be considered a deadly weapon according to a story next to the domestic violence link yesterday) were supposed to have served, did they actually miss the 50-0 Tennessee Martin slaughter?

And Myers was kicked off because of a previous offense AND assault on an officer, NOT the bar kickings."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT