ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

That shot looks good whether practice or not, doesn't it? I think freshmen are coming in much better 3-pt. shooters than they generally were in the past. And I think this is just due to what's been emphasized at the next level for a while now. Back when it was all dunks, that's what kids wanted to emulate. But with Steph Curry and the like, 3pt. shooting became the cool thing. Shooting is still a developmental skill, and time favors accuracy, but I do think freshmen are more dependable shooters coming in now than any time in the past.
Looks like someone who can’t shoot…. lol. I know it’s practice but those were not easy shots.
I think he shot the ball poorly this summer in AAU play, which is why a lot of people are saying he can’t shoot.

I think he shot the ball poorly this summer in AAU play, which is why a lot of people are saying he can’t shoot.
I wonder if the quality of shots Johnson was taking in that venue had an impact? Or maybe there were better athletes putting pressure on him defensively, making him rush his shot, etc.? I didn't watch, so I couldn't offer even a guess.

But the shot looks good, wouldn't you say? Freshmen as a group will still be the worst 3pt. shooters in college basketball every year, but again I think they're getting better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT