ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

I really like JJ and hope he is a wildcat. But, a few concerns I've heard. He is excellent at the hardest thing, scoring, but for other elements of his game, defense/rebounding/assists, I've heard less than stellar stuff. Maybe he is a winner and will work hard to improve all those things, I just don't know. Plus, a strange rumor is that Acaden Lewis does not want to play with him. Hopefully a false rumor.

Reactions: will1976
All this fit talk is crazy.

A lot of y’all were mad at Cal for being stubborn and never adapting (even though he tried to switch up his methods over the last few years). But you wanna be dug in on Pope’s unproven system.

Something is not adding up.
The only thing not adding up is your bizarre lack of comprehension. Cal was criticized for not adapting to the way the game is played now. Not sure how that's relevant to the present conversation. He was also criticized, VERY frequently, for just going and getting the best athletes, the highest ranked prospects, without considering FIT, without trying to put together the pieces to form a team that complemented each other's strengths and mitigated each other's weaknesses.

I really like JJ and hope he is a wildcat. But, a few concerns I've heard. He is excellent at the hardest thing, scoring, but for other elements of his game, defense/rebounding/assists, I've heard less than stellar stuff. Maybe he is a winner and will work hard to improve all those things, I just don't know. Plus, a strange rumor is that Acaden Lewis does not want to play with him. Hopefully a false rumor.
Travis Branham seems to think the Cats are out for Jasper.

Travis Branham seems to think the Cats are out for Jasper.
KSR show this morning Matt hinted that there is now more UK buzz around a recruit that UK was considered out for. He wouldn't say but Billy said would this recruit be coming back to his Old KY Home. Matt said I didn't say that you did but no more which seems to indicate it is indeed Jasper Johnson.

KSR show this morning Matt hinted that there is now more UK buzz around a recruit that UK was considered out for. He wouldn't say but Billy said would this recruit be coming back to his Old KY Home. Matt said I didn't say that you did but no more which seems to indicate it is indeed Jasper Johnson.
I would love for us too land Jasper. With the right coaching the kid will be a pro.

Until he commits elsewhere, I will continue to believe Kentucky is the leader. I think it's possible he goes somewhere else, but I find it hard to believe he will go to Alabama over Kentucky. Bama by all indication is doing a great job recruiting him though.

Let's say Kentucky is actually his favorite. It's in his interest to still flirt with competitors (and even to indicate competitors are favored). And if Kentucky is not the favorite, then the same thing happens. So, that's a 50/50 scenario to UK just based on that regardless of what is said. Then you factor in being the home school & son of a UK football player.....

Prove to me Kentucky is not the favorite.

Mark it down. Travis Perry is significantly better than JJ. Shoot sway better and impacts the game even when not scoring. If I had it make a choice it would not be close. Laugh all you want but this will come to pass. Perry is plenty strong for what he does. JJ is not. Maybe in a 2nd or 3rd year JJ would be fine. But not as a frosh. He will be the all to familiar frosh that we have come to know at Kentucky. A disappointing one and done season.

Mark it down. Travis Perry is significantly better than JJ. Shoot sway better and impacts the game even when not scoring. If I had it make a choice it would not be close. Laugh all you want but this will come to pass. Perry is plenty strong for what he does. JJ is not. Maybe in a 2nd or 3rd year JJ would be fine. But not as a frosh. He will be the all to familiar frosh that we have come to know at Kentucky. A disappointing one and done season.
I got a feeling Pope won't be encouraging non-NBA ready freshmen to enter the draft.

Hopefully, the best players will be playing instead of the "favorites" or those promised playing time to get them to sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT