ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson officially commits to UK!

Now maybe some of these IDIOTS will shut up about Pope's " recruiting shortcomings".
Hahahaha!!!

They will fire up the Hemi on the moving goal posts and talk about elite out of state.

When that hurdle is also cleared then it will be hand wringing about "concerns" about a position.

Once that has no steam the naysayers will settle in comfortably to a "wait and see" position because some other shoe has to drop somewhere at sometime, right?

Lets keep it a positive Jasper thread, it is a great day, WGAF about Cal and some trolls ?

Welcome Jasper, now go recruit us some stud friends.
I have no issue with keeping it positive, but haters need to be put in their place. They threw all kinds of shade at one of our own in an attempt to justify their continued worshiping of a has-been. Pope wore the colors and never made the university regret it. When others were afraid to come behind Cal because of this sometimes crazy fanbase, Pope stood tall and accepted the call knowing that he would be doubted by some of the fans.

Last edited:
I have no issue with keeping it positive, but haters need to be put in they place. They threw all kinds of shade at one of our own in an attempt to justify their continued worshiping of a has-been. Pope wore the colors and never made the university regret it. When others were afraid to come behind Cal because of this sometimes crazy fanbase, Pope stood tall and accepted the call knowing that he would be doubted by some of the fans.
Yes but there is a time and a place. We already beat those haters in the ground in the threads BEFORE he committed, now Jasper is a Cat, nothing but good vibes. WGAF about the haters, haters gonna hate. They will be here when the next recruit has a decision to make, it is what they do, they live for misery and negative outcomes.

I have no issue with keeping it positive, but haters need to be put in they place. They threw all kinds of shade at one of our own in an attempt to justify their continued worshiping of a has-been. Pope wore the colors and never made the university regret it. When others were afraid to come behind Cal because of this sometimes crazy fanbase, Pope stood tall and accepted the call knowing that he would be doubted by some of the fans.
Not sure Drew was afraid to come here. Just think he loves Baylor and I think his family loves it there. Nothing wrong with that. I am glad Cal is gone but you have to give him props on recruiting. Not the greatest x and o guy. Can’t we just be happy to have JJ. He lives right across the street from my mother.

Reactions: track42
I just saw Aaron Torres (can't stand the prick but he's connected) say that it's between Bama and UNC. I wonder what it's going to take for you folks to understand that I'm telling you the truth. We are not going to land players like this anymore. This was a lay-up.

“we” … lol. Stay gone troll.

Reactions: jeffky and Cats192
I have always felt that there are 2-3 kids every year from Ky who should wear the blue. Cal did think KY players were good enough for the most part. Put a UK uniform on a KY young man and he will play his heart out.

Reactions: jeffky
I guess I can't fault him for the donatos and Morgan and Morgan sponsorship but I was in tears laughing when his jersey was pulled out of a pizza box. Stomach hurt from laughing.

Not sure Drew was afraid to come here. Just think he loves Baylor and I think his family loves it there. Nothing wrong with that. I am glad Cal is gone but you have to give him props on recruiting. Not the greatest x and o guy. Can’t we just be happy to have JJ. He lives right across the street from my mother.
I am happy. However, I will not forget the disrespect Cal dished out to the fanbase which makes me super happy that he is gone. I don't know if Drew was afraid and don't care if he was afraid because we got a coach who loves this university as much as we do and that will never be found in a carpetbagger.

Happy Shake It GIF by Mino Games

Reactions: jeffky
I am happy. However, I will not forget the disrespect Cal dished out to the fanbase which makes me super happy that he is gone. I don't know if Drew was afraid and don't care if he was afraid because we got a coach who loves this university as much as we do and that will never be found in a carpetbagger.
Glad Cal is gone but he can’t get over UK. I think the PJ in Ark colors was a dig at us fans. I might be wrong but I don’t remember any of Cal’s old players suiting up in UK colors.

I keep seeing people call out some mythical doubters and haters of Pope when like 99.9% of this board is a fan of Pope. It's confusing, I don't think I see anyone openly pine for the days of Cal over Pope.

Reactions: ganner918
Glad Cal is gone but he can’t get over UK. I think the PJ in Ark colors was a dig at us fans. I might be wrong but I don’t remember any of Cal’s old players suiting up in UK colors.
You might be right. I just hope he is still around when a Pope lead UK team hangs the next NC banner in the rafters.

Yes but there is a time and a place. We already beat those haters in the ground in the threads BEFORE he committed, now Jasper is a Cat, nothing but good vibes. WGAF about the haters, haters gonna hate. They will be here when the next recruit has a decision to make, it is what they do, they live for misery and negative outcomes.
We previously beat them with maybes and possibilities. Today I am beating them with the signing of another top recruit that we were supposed to have been a distant 3rd with just 2 weeks ago.

If Pope can recruit then we probably have a coach as good as Nate Oats. Might be even better with the Kentucky brand.. He had to land these two kids to get a good start and he did.

I keep seeing people call out some mythical doubters and haters of Pope when like 99.9% of this board is a fan of Pope. It's confusing, I don't think I see anyone openly pine for the days of Cal over Pope.
There are some posters here who made hating Cal basically their entire personality! They're still hung up on Cal and want to project their own hang ups onto other people. It's pretty sad. I'd been wanting the guy gone for a while and once he hit the road I wasn't looking back. And I think, like I said in another thread, there are just some people who are bigger fans of fighting and arguing than they are fans of UK. Everything has to be an us vs them, everything has to be an opportunity to call out their enemies. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of trolls on here just stirring things up with their pro-Cal posting (and probably some people who are just the fans of fighting who has to stick by their position come hell or high water and so would never give up on pro-Cal posting) but a set of anti-Cal people become utterly obsessed with that pretty small fraction of the board that were Cal dieheards for one reason or another, and they're still obsessed with them. Again, pretty sad.

Reactions: podgejeff_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT