ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper johnson nears commitment after peach jam

Look it up for yourself. It is there. And yes, this board carries a lot of nonsense but there are a few people here that do have knowledge about (some) of what goes on inside the athletic department. I can tell you are a Barnhart fan and that's fine. He has had a decent career at UK. I thought he was okay early on but now, I am definitely not a fan.
I have looked it up for myself, that’s why I know it’s BS. I’m a Kentucky fan so of course I’m a Barnhart fan. You’re a message board fan so you take everything posted on a message board as fact. No proof, no context, no anything matters. A rumor gets posted here, then spread by the other message board posters who do zero fact checking, then it’s adopted as fact. None of you will be able to actually give concrete reasons as to how Barnhart was a hindrance to NIL, it’s just another message board “fact”.

Also the point was how ironic it is that the same people who brag about not giving to NIL and say they wouldn’t give a dime even if they hit the lottery are same people who say Mitch Barnhart hindered NIL.

There's a recent video snippet where Jasper is talking about where he's from and he seems fond of Lexington. As he's explaining who's come from the area he references Shelvin Mack and ask, "Do you know who that is?"

Seemed genuinely proud to have ties to Lexington but Shelvin Mack chose Butler. Maybe this works in our favor bc unfortunately Mack wasn't heavily recruited by UK.

I have looked it up for myself, that’s why I know it’s BS. I’m a Kentucky fan so of course I’m a Barnhart fan. You’re a message board fan so you take everything posted on a message board as fact. No proof, no context, no anything matters. A rumor gets posted here, then spread by the other message board posters who do zero fact checking, then it’s adopted as fact. None of you will be able to actually give concrete reasons as to how Barnhart was a hindrance to NIL, it’s just another message board “fact”.

Also the point was how ironic it is that the same people who brag about not giving to NIL and say they wouldn’t give a dime even if they hit the lottery are same people who say Mitch Barnhart hindered NIL.
Are you Mitch? Either you are or, you are blind.

Are you Mitch? Either you are or, you are blind.
I’m Mitch or blind because I don’t blindly buy the claims that you make, but can’t backup, yet present as fact? That’s ironic too. I’m just not a sheep who blindly buys message board rumors, I need actual evidence to believe your claims. Since you can’t provide any and resort to nonsense like calling me Mitch or blind says it all.

Hard to do when no prospect has seen a Pope-led UK team yet. Had Pope come from a program with national exposure the expectations could be different.

Unpopular opinion but other than being in-state kids Moreno and Johnson do not look like difference makers in their first year. Both look like multi-year players, if they ever are major contributors.

We do not know how Pope's offense will perform in the SEC. Pope's offense is inside out. Cal's offense was supposed to be inside out, but Cal never got away from dribble drive. Pope wants to get shots inside the paint or else from three. The philosophy makes sense in terms of shot efficiency, but the ball has to go through the nets. Pope has tall three point shooters. Jaxson Robinson was successful in the Big12 but not in the SEC before that. Brae, Kriisa Perry, Carr. Can they score against SEC defenses? We will find out. One thing I do not doubt is Williams and Garrison in the paint. I ran into a Drexel graduate at an Astros game. He said Williams is incredible.

I posted previously that top recruits probably will not sign with Pope until he proves himself at Kentucky. We might not have suffered that problem with Scott Drew but I am fine with Pope. If Jasper Johnson goes to Bama, it will sting but the sky will not fall. Recruiting guards who can shoot is easier than recruiting skilled big guys. Kentucky leads for Moreno who will be a good one. Pope is recruiting interesting guards some of whom are as good as Johnson. November should be a go alright for Kentucky.

Reactions: UK-chulo
I’m Mitch or blind because I don’t blindly buy the claims that you make, but can’t backup, yet present as fact? That’s ironic too. I’m just not a sheep who blindly buys message board rumors, I need actual evidence to believe your claims. Since you can’t provide any and resort to nonsense like calling me Mitch or blind says it all.
Yeah Mitch , I will not provide you with something that you can easily look up. I mean you posted this, not a sheep mess, at 4 in the morning. It is not like you are busy. Don't bother me.

You are absolutely right until the final sentence. Cal was landing top players because of his record. It had jackshit to do with NIL. This is the entire reason I am so concerned. He left because of NIL, or a lack thereof. He was promised more at Arkansas and he's obviously built a better team. I realize most of you will deny that but neutral parties who know basketball will absolutely tell you that's an objective fact.
He left because he effed up our program and got caught in a contract violation. Please go back to the Arkansasboard and praise your father there. You are not needed here.

I like a lot of what you say. that said, Wagner is not better than BUTLER OR KRISSA, Big Z is a push with our bigs. Fland is good but not world changing. Unless Cal changes what he has been doing the past 5 or 6 years he will fail there with talent. Just like he failed here with talent.
Exactly because he is an inept coach

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
We do not know how Pope's offense will perform in the SEC. Pope's offense is inside out. Cal's offense was supposed to be inside out, but Cal never got away from dribble drive. Pope wants to get shots inside the paint or else from three. The philosophy makes sense in terms of shot efficiency, but the ball has to go through the nets. Pope has tall three point shooters. Jaxson Robinson was successful in the Big12 but not in the SEC before that. Brae, Kriisa Perry, Carr. Can they score against SEC defenses? We will find out. One thing I do not doubt is Williams and Garrison in the paint. I ran into a Drexel graduate at an Astros game. He said Williams is incredible.

I posted previously that top recruits probably will not sign with Pope until he proves himself at Kentucky. We might not have suffered that problem with Scott Drew but I am fine with Pope. If Jasper Johnson goes to Bama, it will sting but the sky will not fall. Recruiting guards who can shoot is easier than recruiting skilled big guys. Kentucky leads for Moreno who will be a good one. Pope is recruiting interesting guards some of whom are as good as Johnson. November should be a go alright for Kentucky.
Ccc had no offensive scheme and could not coach a church league

Reactions: bigbluedon

I can see it.

Moreno imo is a stiff. The current way high level ball is played does not favor that type of player. If he turns out to be a great passer at the college level then he may be somewhat useful. Just my opinion of course.

The spectrum king, Leadbelly, returns under another moniker that everyone instantly hates.

I like a lot of what you say. that said, Wagner is not better than BUTLER OR KRISSA, Big Z is a push with our bigs. Fland is good but not world changing. Unless Cal changes what he has been doing the past 5 or 6 years he will fail there with talent. Just like he failed here with talent.
It's about having experienced talent, this board tells me when it's a convenient argument, then ignores every time it isn't.

He left because he effed up our program and got caught in a contract violation. Please go back to the Arkansasboard and praise your father there. You are not needed here.
If I were a Hog fan, you bet your ass I would be. But I'm here. But y'all are too dumb to recognize why I'm here even though I've said it repeatedly. I'm not here for all of you "Go back to the Arkansas board" idiots who can't imagine a Kentucky fan could possibly grow beyond the point you have. I'm here for the people I've already influenced and will continue to do so—most of whom don't even post on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: un4getables
It's about having experienced talent, this board tells me when it's a convenient argument, then ignores every time it isn't.
So last year, 2 top 10 picks and cannot win SEC regular season, Cannot win SEC tourney, Cannot get out of the first weekend in NCAA. That is the litmus test for pass fail for an NCAA Power 5 Coach. Not NBA draft.

WHAT DID THE COACH CAL TEAM DO? NOTHING.
2023 WHAT DID COACH CAL TEAM DO? NOTHING
2022 WHAT DID COACH CAL TEAM DO? NOTHING
2021 WHAT DID COACH COL TEAM DO? NOTHING
I could go on and on. 2015 (BEST TEAM IN NCAA). COULD HE WIN IT THEN? NO

When does the failures mean as much as 1 season where Cal won NCAA championship in his entire career?

CAL was good when he was younger. He has mailed it in for the past 10 years. Mailed it in. He had the most dominate team and did not play the guys playing best at the right time. It cost him again. Fine choose to look the other way. NCAA too hard to win, blah blah crap.

So last year, 2 top 10 picks and cannot win SEC regular season, Cannot win SEC tourney, Cannot get out of the first weekend in NCAA. That is the litmus test for pass fail for an NCAA Power 5 Coach. Not NBA draft.

When does the failures mean as much as 1 season where Cal won NCAA championship in his entire career?

CAL was good when he was younger. He has mailed it in for the past 10 years. Mailed it in. He had the most dominate team and did not play the guys playing best at the right time. It cost him again. Fine choose to look the other way. NCAA too hard to win, blah blah crap.
These Arkansas fans are just here to have their degenerate fun. When they get the full brunt of what we went thru in terms of their own team they'll likely be too depressed to come over here.

Your entire argument is a Straw Man. You mistake me if you think I'm the sort of man who engages with a Straw Man argument. Argue the points I made or just don't reply to me.

not sure what points you are arguing, but the results from 2015 have not been UK standards. Finishing 3 or lower in the regular season is a major disappointment. Being bounced in the 1st round of the sec tourney is a major disappointment. Being bounced in the 1st weekend of the NCAA tournament is a major disappointment. Being bounced in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament is a disgrace. If you can accept those kinds of miserable results to be it, but long time fans can not and will not. If you can accept that ccc basically laughed at the uk fans from the mountains, ..........I can't. He belittled the fans that know as much about the game as he does. This very board knew who the best players were & who should be starting, yet ccc kept his promises to the "handlers" of the over rate recruits and started them regardless of their production. He mad UK a laughing stock with the Sharpe ordeal. He knew exactly what was happening or if he didn't he was dumber than a rock. Everyone knew the game that was being played. Promising a kid that had a good game, that he would get more playing time & then not playing him the rest of the season is just a slap to every kid that tries to improve every day. He was and is nothing more than a 2 faced used car salesman, that probably 90% of the fans are glad that he is gone.

I actually don't think he's that bad, but he is that stubborn. You don't make six Final Fours and 12 Elite Eights in a career being that bad.

He took UMass from ashes to #1 in the nation. He knows how to coach, but he abandoned all that once he stubbornly became determined to "do it his way."

If he had shown some humility, he could have had an amazing roster next year:

G - Acuff - Perry
G - Johnson - Thomas
G - Thiero - Thomas
F - Dybantsa/ Thiero/ Portal Guy #1
F - Quaintance/ Wilson/ Portal Guy #1

You'd have experience in Thiero, Perry, Quaintance, and a portal transfer (at least one).

You'd have a transcendent freshman in Dybantsa and a probably top 5 pick in Quaintance.
Remember though when he had his success was EARLY in his career where he out athleted everyone. NOW you cannot do that and Coaching matters which he did not and does not have the chops for. If he did he would have had at least two more titles with UK

You think you get worse as a coach as you age? If anything you get better. How could anyone who watches sports think that's how it works? Cal isn't doing it for money. He's already set.
Not with Cal. You guys will find out he is not the COACH you think he is... he will acquire talent but he doesn't do the little things that make you successful.... like game plan or practice or lift weights or get in shape. He treats college players as if they are pros and he doesn't do any of that crap. Take recruiting out of the mix and he is just a so so coach.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Your entire argument is a Straw Man. You mistake me if you think I'm the sort of man who engages with a Straw Man argument. Argue the points I made or just don't reply to me.
Your point is he is experienced so since he is experienced he is a great coach. lol

That is the most pathetic point I have seen yet. i have been in my business field for 35 years and am considered one of the best. i have helped manufacturers work on issues with their product in beta testing for 20+ years. does not make me the best. I read technology vlogs, I find what others are doing, make it work for the products my company sells. I have a tech that has been with the company for 40 years that will not learn anything new. He is being phased out due to his stubbornness. He is a great tech and smart. Was with me on older technology but is losing now. That applies to any and every profession in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT