ADVERTISEMENT

James Madison has no chance

Going to be rooting hard for Houston if Duke wins this game. Don't need a Duke cakewalk to the final four.
Hate to tell you but they really set up Duke for a Final Four run. It's CBS Sports Sean McManus (Duke alum) last NCAA Tournament and the fact Duke got the bracket they did as a 4 seed--playing in Brooklyn is their second home as all NY/NJ people seem to love Duke and Carolina. So as a 4 seed who lost their last 2-their path to the Sweet 16 is Vermont and JMU/Wisconsin winner (which we know is JMU) meanwhile the # 1 seed they get is Houston who is not a great shooting team and would likely get a very tight whistle IF they advance past Texas A&M. How the second highest #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament has a tougher game in 2nd Rd then the 4th seed in that region is embarrassing. Houston only beat Aggies by 4 when they played in December.

Their path is easiest of any #4 seed in the Tournament by far. Houston/Marquette are not tough matchups for them should they advance, and they would avoid UConn/UNC/AZ section of the Draw until NC game.

NCAA/McManus really tried to get Coach K a send off NC and now McManus is getting his send off by the committee helping place Duke in a very advantageous situation. Scheyer has right people looking out for him/the program, that's for sure.

I've lived in the golden era of Duke far too long not notice the signs of their bull****. But they have their voices all over to never bring up the fact a #1 has a far tougher game then the #4 seed-which their region this year reminds of the cake path they had in '22 only that year at least they were an elite team so it could be excused a bit. This Duke team is not deserving of this BS.

Its All Over Now Chef GIF - Its All Over Now Chef South Park GIFs

Hate to tell you but they really set up Duke for a Final Four run. It's CBS Sports Sean McManus (Duke alum) last NCAA Tournament and the fact Duke got the bracket they did as a 4 seed--playing in Brooklyn is their second home as all NY/NJ people seem to love Duke and Carolina. So as a 4 seed who lost their last 2-their path to the Sweet 16 is Vermont and JMU/Wisconsin winner (which we know is JMU) meanwhile the # 1 seed they get is Houston who is not a great shooting team and would likely get a very tight whistle IF they advance past Texas A&M. How the second highest #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament has a tougher game in 2nd Rd then the 4th seed in that region is embarrassing. Houston only beat Aggies by 4 when they played in December.

Their path is easiest of any #4 seed in the Tournament by far. Houston/Marquette are not tough matchups for them should they advance, and they would avoid UConn/UNC/AZ section of the Draw until NC game.

NCAA/McManus really tried to get Coach K a send off NC and now McManus is getting his send off by the committee helping place Duke in a very advantageous situation. Scheyer has right people looking out for him/the program, that's for sure.

I've lived in the golden era of Duke far too long not notice the signs of their bull****. But they have their voices all over to never bring up the fact a #1 has a far tougher game then the #4 seed-which their region this year reminds of the cake path they had in '22 only that year at least they were an elite team so it could be excused a bit. This Duke team is not deserving of this BS.
They are better then us.

The refs let JMU play very physical vs Wisconsin they did not allow that today their star player got 2 fouls the first 2 mins. They truly have no chance unless they are allowed to be physical.

Edwards takes a shot to the face no foul he lays on the ground refs let Duke play 5 on 4 though Kentucky never gets to play 5 on 4

They are better then us.
WTF does that have to do with commentary about their path?

I think Kentucky was vastly over seeded. Know many who disagree that I respect but think Calipari's team this year was a mirage. It had potential to be a great team but he F'd that up. His insistence on Tre Mitchell rejoining the rotation was an utter disaster, specifically as a 4 man and not small ball 5, but they were a team that accomplished nothing in a vastly overrated conference.

I continue to say it's far more important to have an elite program leading your conference that forces others to step it up than just say "everyone is great" and it's just crap across the board. Look at the ACC-it's a rotten league beneath UNC and Duke but their teams have to play them and overcome them. SEC punishes their top program since Tranghese came in to "advise" SEC on how to improve basketball and all it's done is ruin SEC postseason success in the Tournament.

WTF does that have to do with commentary about their path?

I think Kentucky was vastly over seeded. Know many who disagree that I respect but think Calipari's team this year was a mirage. It had potential to be a great team but he F'd that up. His insistence on Tre Mitchell rejoining the rotation was an utter disaster, specifically as a 4 man and not small ball 5, but they were a team that accomplished nothing in a vastly overrated conference.

I continue to say it's far more important to have an elite program leading your conference that forces others to step it up than just say "everyone is great" and it's just crap across the board. Look at the ACC-it's a rotten league beneath UNC and Duke but their teams have to play them and overcome them. SEC punishes their top program since Tranghese came in to "advise" SEC on how to improve basketball and all it's done is ruin SEC postseason success in the Tournament.
You say acc sucks , what that record in the tournament lol

You say acc sucks , what that record in the tournament lol
Well UVA was embarrassed....UNC who is a good team is 2-0 and Duke is going to be 2-0 with their invitational opening 2 round games in NY/NJ

The ACC does suck. I mean it's a bad league and ACC fans will tell you that it wasn't good. We all thought that win over Miami was going to be a "Great" win and they were trash.

If the Barnhart savior does as expected they'll end up 6-2 after 2 rounds with NC State being the outlier (thanks a lot Calipari).

So I stand by it. It sucks. Big East is going to be 6-0 with only 3 teams in and they consistently excel in the Tournament. Why they didn't get more in is confusing but hey--that's how life goes when everyone has to kiss the Big Ten/SEC's ass right now for FB reasons.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT