ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Green no longer considering UK

Dave has mentioned several times that is what he does. (This is not at you BW, I just quoted your response) If Dave must do that every time he posts, I guess he is wrong. I understood that about his posts but to each his own...
the same conundrum has been going on for 30 years or more and it will probably never change and listen guys I pushed from a cell phone while I'm in my car so sometimes things don't come out right you know how that goes but listen the bottom line is you cannot reveal who you get information from and if I've missed calling somebody that already put information out then it's my bad but I didn't know okay

everyone capitalized gets their information from someone else there have been only three times that I got information that I don't think anyone else knew that would be gone Jason Parker Julius Randle and Gerald Fitch all the rest are hand-me-down informations and you just cannot reveal who you get that stuff from I don't know why I spend so much time defending that idea because it never gets absorbed

Yea but you’re talking about two lumbering bigs in the Paint! The game is and has gone away from that!
You know you can have bigs that aren’t lumbering up and down the court, there are the type of bigs that have some bounce to them and quick off their feet like Nerlens Noel. That’s the type I believe Cal needs to protect the paint.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I quit posting 10 years ago because of a certain recruit and in that instance someone did get fired albeit from Wake Forest I just want you guys to know that I got in a little bit of trouble posting the Clark information 10 days ago others knew about it but were told to shut their traps shut and you should also know there was an investigation as to told me that Clark verballed

Dont put yourself in that position Dave. We all love information but not at the cost of burning bridges for you. Clarke info is nice, but I'd rather hear it a few days later and continue to get insight in the future. Having said that, thanks for the info and passing along what you hear. As always much appreciated!

There's another thing that goes on that is funny and that is these recruits pay attention to what you and write about them and it causes him to laugh out loud and in response they toy with us

I quit posting 10 years ago because of a certain recruit and in that instance someone did get fired albeit from Wake Forest I just want you guys to know that I got in a little bit of trouble posting the Clark information 10 days ago others knew about it but were told to shut their traps shut and you should also know there was an investigation as to told me that Clark verballed
Can you give the initials of the recruit? I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your information, and post more often. We definitely appreciate your info

FYI, Clarke just posted story to his Instagram page with picture of him, Boston, Green, and Christopher. He said "Next mission...". Interesting.

th

You know you can have bigs that aren’t lumbering up and down the court, there are the type of bigs that have some bounce to them and quick off their feet like Nerlens Noel. That’s the type I believe Cal needs to protect the paint.

Even a Draymond Green or PJ Washington type. 6-8 240 ish and very mobile. Especially beneficial if to have PJ type wingspan. A super athletic 6-11 guy with some muscle, or 6-8 mobile bruiser, either way. But no 6-11 280 pounders for todays game. It clogs the middle and back to the basket centers are a dinosaur in todays game. Hell look at Villanova, they play 6-7 to 6-9 guys in the post every year, but they have bulk to rebound and defend. Michigan State does the same. But the Jarrett Allen type guys will work also.

Then he is only concerned about himself and not worried about winning a title.

That's a little harsh, don't you think? Kentucky has Boston, Fletcher and Clarke to go with a possible return of Quickley, Juzang, Allen and Brooks. Even if you argue that Brooks can play an undersized 4, that's 6 perimeter players to compete with. And if Quickley goes, which is unlikely, that's still 5 to compete with and a big hole for Calipari to fill for a point guard (none of the aforementioned are point guards), so it is more likely Calipari isn't even recruiting Green and is focusing on a point guard.

How is Kansas looking for Green ? Seeing how Self backed off Clarke and did not want him ? Did you and I have a little bet about Clarke committing to UK ? You and your little Duke buddy one day during the first of the week was jawing about a recruit and said UK would not get him. Well, you talk so much shit, it may have been another recruit, I mean you think Kansas is in on EVERYONE. Well nearly everyone, except the guys Self backs off of after they sign elsewhere.

That's a little harsh, don't you think? Kentucky has Boston, Fletcher and Clarke to go with a possible return of Quickley, Juzang, Allen and Brooks. Even if you argue that Brooks can play an undersized 4, that's 6 perimeter players to compete with. And if Quickley goes, which is unlikely, that's still 5 to compete with and a big hole for Calipari to fill for a point guard (none of the aforementioned are point guards), so it is more likely Calipari isn't even recruiting Green and is focusing on a point guard.

I think he is concentrating on Askew, who they believe will reclassify, but if Quickley doesn't leave, I think he will be a most capable PG.

JP and now that you made me look it up it was 18 years ago my how time flies but hey I'm doing this from my car
If it’s the guy I’m thinking of, it’s a shame he couldn’t stay healthy for us. He would of been really good

Boston & Clarke is at least equal to Christopher & Green as a duo, IMO. Those guys on the wings with Askew running the show would be pretty tough to beat. If we somehow steal Cunningham from OSU I can totally envision a 1996 redux type of season.
Whoa whoa there JHS! Remember, they’re still going to be freshman. Albeit, REALLY good freshman. In today’s BB landscape, we may never see a team like that again. A mix of stud upperclassmen, and stud youth.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Kentucky is not going to wait for anyone including Green. Not a good fit if he is that self-important.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
He has a habit of passing along other people's work without mentioning that it's other people's work.
Dave has been a well established poster here. Don’t know why you feel the need to be an ass. David Sisk, Evans Daniels all pass along other peoples’ Info.

Whoa whoa there JHS! Remember, they’re still going to be freshman. Albeit, REALLY good freshman. In today’s BB landscape, we may never see a team like that again. A mix of stud upperclassmen, and stud youth.

I could’ve been clearer with my words there. I just meant that I could see them beating teams to death & only losing a couple games on the way to a title. By no means do I think they would be as good as 96. That’s the best college team I’ve seen. I can’t imagine any freshman laden team hanging with 96 very long. But, if we add Cunningham I can definitely see us dominating in ‘21 akin to ‘96 bc so many other top teams heavily rely on underclassmen as well.

Reactions: TFCats11
think about what you just posted gonzo isn't that what we all do I wouldn't have known about Clarke had someone not told me and it's the same with anyone they're passing along what they have heard that's what I do
Think it is very different when someone could have just as easily posted the twitter link instead of the information.
Was wondering if there had been an inquiry on the Clarke verbal. You were way out in front of that one. Such a long time that somebody had to be getting grilled.

Reactions: TFCats11
I could’ve been clearer with my words there. I just meant that I could see them beating teams to death & only losing a couple games on the way to a title. By no means do I think they would be as good as 96. That’s the best college team I’ve seen. I can’t imagine any freshman laden team hanging with 96 very long. But, if we add Cunningham I can definitely see us dominating in ‘21 akin to ‘96 bc so many other top teams heavily rely on underclassmen as well.
Very well stated clarification. I also agree with your assessment on there being some “beat downs”. That team would be loaded!

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
everyone capitalized gets their information from someone else there have been only three times that I got information that I don't think anyone else knew that would be gone Jason Parker Julius Randle and Gerald Fitch all the rest are hand-me-down informations and you just cannot reveal who you get that stuff from I don't know why I spend so much time defending that idea because it never gets absorbed

When you post information that you got in private, there’s no link, and that’s understood. When someone posts info that they got from Twitter, it’s proper etiquette to credit the source.

Green is not a need anymore. We have done better today. I think Allen will be a good player next year as well. Clarke, Boston, Allen, possibly Juzang. Who needs Green?

We don't need him, but I still want him.

I'd take a Green/Clarke/Boston trio on the wing, with Allen and Juzang off the bench.

That's some serious talent on the wing.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT