ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson projected at 21st in the latest mock draft. Agents and scouts still hearing he is considering a return to UK still.

I think he stays. The first contract for him is the important one because he’s an unknown. I don’t see max deal on IJ. He missed a lot of clock this year because of fouls and didn’t get a chance to showcase his skills in the postseason. I don’t think he’s a lottery pick right now and his upside is far more than wcs who was the 6th overall pick.
I firmly believe he will get a max deal, he made huge strides last season and the fact that SEC refs try to set free throw records every year shouldn’t be something that hurts IJ simply because they don’t call BS touch fouls in the pros and that is something that can be coached.

You can't coach the athletesism and length that IJ has. If he develops a jumper, he'll get a max deal. If Bam can get one, so can IJ.

But man, I hope the first 4 words of your post become reality. I would love to get IJ back. That would be an incredible front court.

Reactions: susan2361
He has a real decision to make. Go 16-24 this year or shoot for top 5 next year. It's a huge money difference. We are also going to be good next year from the looks of it and being a top player on a title contender and top 5 pick is where shoe deals start coming in.
If he was near his ceiling and his family was in bad shape then he should go for sure. As is, I'm not sure it's the best decision. Not that it stops our players from leaving anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcats1st
I firmly believe he will get a max deal, he made huge strides last season and the fact that SEC refs try to set free throw records every year shouldn’t be something that hurts IJ simply because they don’t call BS touch fouls in the pros and that is something that can be coached.

You can't coach the athletesism and length that IJ has. If he develops a jumper, he'll get a max deal. If Bam can get one, so can IJ.

But man, I hope the first 4 words of your post become reality. I would love to get IJ back. That would be an incredible front court.

he has potential because or athleticism and size but his handles aren’t great and his shooting ability is suspect. He ll need to improve those areas to go near the max deal.

WCS was not a first team AA his freshman year man. You’re comparing Junior WCS to freshman IJ and IJ was on a crap team. WCS was afraid of his own shadow in 2012/13 and didn't do much of anything in 13/14.

IJ is 10 times the NBA prospect WCS ever was.
I completely disagree
Ij would never be a first team all american no matter how long he stayed in college.
WCS was a freak . Crazy motor and athleticism that we've never seen before

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
WCS was not a first team AA his freshman year man. You’re comparing Junior WCS to freshman IJ and IJ was on a crap team. WCS was afraid of his own shadow in 2012/13 and didn't do much of anything in 13/14.

IJ is 10 times the NBA prospect WCS ever was.
No I'm comparing the player WCS to the player ij.

If Jackson did come back (he ain't) but if he did Brooks and possibly Ware are gone.
Dang, I forgot about Ware. I don't think Ware would leave, but I guess he could.

I was hoping Cal would play a 3 guard lineup, but how do you do that when you have a front court like that? Yikes

Reactions: bigblue1971
he has potential because or athleticism and size but his handles aren’t great and his shooting ability is suspect. He ll need to improve those areas to go near the max deal.
Well yeah, but we see these guys blow up when they get to the nba all the time. IJ is very coachable, has a great attitude and is an elite athlete, so yeah, he'll have to out in some hard work, but he has time, it's not like he has to be max deal ready this year.

No I'm comparing the player WCS to the player ij.
So WCS was an AA his freshman year?

You're being obtuse man. If IJ stayed in college through his junior year, he would crush anything WCS did.

Man, you'll go to any stretch of the imagination to try to prove some weird point. You literally compared Junior WCS to freshman IJ, then tried to act like all things were equal. WCS got to play with massive amounts of nba talent, IJ was on a 9-16 team.

You're being obtuse man. If IJ stayed in college through his junior year, he would crush anything WCS did.

Man, you'll go to any stretch of the imagination to try to prove some weird point. You literally compared Junior WCS to freshman IJ, then tried to act like all things were equal. WCS got to play with massive amounts of nba talent, IJ was on a 9-16 team.
Who said anything about the year they are? You are assuming a whole lot by saying he will grow into the player you want him to become. WCS as a freshman was just as impressive as ij was.
Sure he was decent on a horrendous team. If he was anything like some of our fans thought he would have dominated both ends on a terrible team needing a star
If Jackson leaves, we won't miss him for one second.

Its not a weird point.
What's weird is the fascination with a guy that showed great athleticism and limited skill. I thought that's what you were against

8.3. 6.2. 2.1. 62%
8.4. 6.6. 2.6. 55%

You're an idiot

He was a first team all american
Ij will never be on that level
His Junior year.
I completely disagree
Ij would never be a first team all american no matter how long he stayed in college.
WCS was a freak . Crazy motor and athleticism that we've never seen before

Were you asleep his first 2 years?

Who said anything about the year they are? You are assuming a whole lot by saying he will grow into the player you want him to become. WCS as a freshman was just as impressive as ij was.
Sure he was decent on a horrendous team. If he was anything like some of our fans thought he would have dominated both ends on a terrible team needing a star
If Jackson leaves, we won't miss him for one second.
The bolded part is complete bull crap. Your memory fails you.

Its not a weird point.
What's weird is the fascination with a guy that showed great athleticism and limited skill. I thought that's what you were against
You are literally comparing a 3rd year player that got to play with elite guards to a freshman that had to play with an incompetent guard. You don't know what you are talking about here.

You're an idiot

He was a first team all american
Ij will never be on that level
WCS could play basketball for 1,000 years. He will never, ever, be a true or polished basketball player.

You could try to be a GM for 1,000 years, and your teams would suck. You’d have WC Steins runnin’ around, air balling layups and missing the backboard a foot from the rim.

Last edited:
Something to consider about WCS is he split time between basketball and football growing up and didn’t focus on basketball until he got to UK. He grew and developed a lot while here. It‘s hard for me to say who has more potential at this stage between the two of them.

Something about IJ though, yeah he was on a 9-16 team, but he had very little front court competition for time, points, and rebounds. Not only that but due to this lack of competition he got major minutes to grow and develop. WCS was behind Noel his freshman year and also lost time to Poythress and Wiltjer. Then he had Randle and Dakari Johnson taking up minutes his sophomore year. Then his junior year he was sharing the court with Dakari, KAT, Lee, and Lyles.

If Jackson returns we will see how he does on a loaded team. Hopefully he‘ll have a couple actual point guards to get him the ball! He does need to work on his mid range and perimeter game. Also needs to improve his FT shooting and being committing less fouls. I think those should his be his areas of focus this summer imo.

WCS could play basketball for 1,000 years. He will never, ever, be a true or polished basketball player.

You could to try to be a GM for 1,000 years, and your teams would suck. You’d have WC Steins runnin’ around, air balling layups and missing the backboard a foot from the rim.
So now you understand where IJ ranks

Why don’t you go climb in the rafters to hang his banner.
He had a better freshmen year than Jackson
Our fans just blow Jackson out of proportion. He had every opportunity to be a star this season if he was ever going to.
Potential is a dangerous word

I agree it's disrespect. An all american shouldn't be in same conversation as a project

You are literally comparing a 3rd year player that got to play with elite guards to a freshman that had to play with an incompetent guard. You don't know what you are talking about here.
Ryan harrow was not elite.
He put up better numbers as a 2nd Option center than Jackson did being the top dog.

Jackson is 19
WCS was 20 after 3 seasons.

The Jackson v Willie argument is hilarious. Especially someone acting like IJ is light years ahead of WCS in athleticism. They were basically the same player. Inconsistent, no offense other than cleanup and dunks. One was a better shot blocker and one was a better perimeter while being 2 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier.

Something to consider about WCS is he split time between basketball and football growing up and didn’t focus on basketball until he got to UK. He grew and developed a lot while here. It‘s hard for me to say who has more potential at this stage between the two of them.

Something about IJ though, yeah he was on a 9-16 team, but he had very little front court competition for time, points, and rebounds. Not only that but due to this lack of competition he got major minutes to grow and develop. WCS was behind Noel his freshman year and also lost time to Poythress and Wiltjer. Then he had Randle and Dakari Johnson taking up minutes his sophomore year. Then his junior year he was sharing the court with Dakari, KAT, Lee, and Lyles.

If Jackson returns we will see how he does on a loaded team. Hopefully he‘ll have a couple actual point guards to get him the ball! He does need to work on his mid range and perimeter game. Also needs to improve his FT shooting and being committing less fouls. I think those should his be his areas of focus this summer imo.
If Jackson returns next year, he will blow away anything WCS did here. There's a reason he's projected to go in the first round after 1 season at UK. He has length that WCS doesn’t have.

• Haha
Reactions: LEDGENDARY
Numbers don't lie guy.
Yup, you're right, so tell me then Mr. Wizard, what were WCS' stats in 13/14?

Hey, I'm a nice guy, I'll do the work for you.
WCS 2013/14: 6.8ppg, 6.1rpg, 0.7apg and couldn’t hit a free throw or a shot outside 5'.

Don't clam up on me now.

• Haha
Reactions: LEDGENDARY
It is obvious to me that this kids family wants him to do what he feels is best for him, very different from the family dynamic some of these kids have to deal with. To some going is a no brainer but what if Jackson feels he isn’t ready to start his professional career, maybe he likes college and wants to enjoy it another season before he starts the grind of a pro career, and it is a grind for most. While pressure is endemic to big time basketball it pales in comparison to the pressure of playing in the NBA. Mr, Jackson is obviously torn about what he should do and I applaud him for his sober reflection and taking his time in making such a momentous decision, Godspeed to him whatever he chooses.

Yup, you're right, so tell me then Mr. Wizard, what were WCS' stats in 13/14?

Hey, I'm a nice guy, I'll do the work for you.
WCS 2013/14: 6.8ppg, 6.1rpg, 0.7apg and couldn’t hit a free throw or a shot outside 5'.

Don't clam up on me now.
Your point? I knew exactly what his stats were. Means absolutely nothing. Both are really good defensive players and avg offense.
You are banking on Jackson being some great sophomore. He won't be a serious offensive threat, it's just not his game. Whether you want to admit it or not, they are very similar players at the same points in their career.
WCS was a full year younger than Jackson as a freshman and put up the exact same stats. It may be easy for you to discount WCS because of an avg pro career, he wasn't drafted 6/7th overall for no reason.

If Jackson returns next year, he will blow away anything WCS did here. There's a reason he's projected to go in the first round after 1 season at UK. He has length that WCS doesn’t have.
WCS was projected to go in the first Rd as a freshman aswell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT