ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson projected at 21st in the latest mock draft. Agents and scouts still hearing he is considering a return to UK still.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
I know this is a long shot, but The Athletic’s Sam Vecenie has him well outside of it in his latest projections, going No. 21 to the New York Knicks. Even more, he says he’s hearing from agents and scouts that Jackson is still considering returning to Kentucky for another season.

Hope is a good thing Red. Maybe the best thing.

I will be really great IF he returns. IF he come back this will be one of the best experience teams we have had in a long time. I'll wait and get excited when he is back on campus.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If we somehow got Jackson back and add Hardy, would we be preseason favorites? I can’t see how we wouldn’t be! Before anyone says it, I know this isn’t likely or even possible!! Lol
No our biggest need is still a point guard....Hardy gets straight buckets he doesn’t distribute the rock.

I'm the biggest proponent of guys returning, but even I think IJ should go pro. It’s not the first contract that matters, it's the second one and he has max deal written all over him.

I would love to have him back, there would not be a better front court in all of cbb, but I just don't see him coming back.

I'm the biggest proponent of guys returning, but even I think IJ should go pro. It’s not the first contract that matters, it's the second one and he has max deal written all over him.

I would love to have him back, there would not be a better front court in all of cbb, but I just don't see him coming back.
I'm a fan of the University of Kentucky basketball program and want them to win basketball games and championships so I think he should come back.

Maybe he is saying he is going to come back to make a NBA team tell him they are taking him at a certain pick. If no takers come back to the Cats.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm a fan of the University of Kentucky basketball program and want them to win basketball games and championships so I think he should come back.
Haha, I'm with you, I feel the same way, I would love to get him back, but I would certainly understand it if he went pro.
I would hate to see him come back, get hurt and slip or not even get drafted.

He just needs to improve a little on his offensive game and he'll be lottery for sure next year. He otherwise has the athleticism and tools to be a terrific pro. His defense, shot blocking and rebounding are solid. He just needs to develop some offensive moves and prove that he can score, then he is golden. We're talking diamonds as big as horse turds!

He doesn't seem to be working out with trainers, nor does he appear to be communicating with teams or working out for them. He seems content spending his time in Lexington, working out with teammates. It's a very odd situation, to say the least.
I will say it legitimately appears like he may come back. If he was hell bent on leaving he would already have an agent IMO.

I don't see max contract at all. WCS had more upside and he's not getting those kind of numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: CatInCanuckLand
I don't see max contract at all. WCS had more upside and he's not getting those kind of numbers.
WCS has (had) more upside than IJ? Lol.

Thank God for Dakari Johnson, because if WCS didn’t get hurt, there is no Aaron Harrison shots. We were a better team w/o him eating up valuable minutes.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Put on 20lbs of muscle comeback and be number 1 pick next years NBA draft
Big men are not that much in demand in the NBA anymore. Unless IJ develops a mid-range or longer jumpshot, he's gonna be a 5 (a good one, but a 5) and I just don't think the NBA values a 5 to the same level as before. I think he could definitely move up into the lottery but #1? I just don't see it. But, it's all speculation now.

I think he stays in the draft and gets his $6+ million contract.

Reactions: Fox2monk
WCS has (had) more upside than IJ? Lol.

Thank God for Dakari Johnson, because if WCS didn’t get hurt, there is no Aaron Harrison shots. We were a better team w/o him eating up valuable minutes.
Ij is a product of pure speculation. Something everyone of our fans look to and believe he can turn into this refined big man.
It's not happening in the next year n half

I really don't think it's a close debate. WCS was something we've never had before. Ij is something you want him to become

I get what you are saying.
BUT, he is so raw now no way he doesn’t spend year 1 in G-league, and year 2 on a roster playing sparingly. That would only leave year 3 to earn that max 2nd contract. Not likely.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I think he stays. The first contract for him is the important one because he’s an unknown. I don’t see max deal on IJ. He missed a lot of clock this year because of fouls and didn’t get a chance to showcase his skills in the postseason. I don’t think he’s a lottery pick right now and his upside is far more than wcs who was the 6th overall pick.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I get what you are saying.
BUT, he is so raw now no way he doesn’t spend year 1 in G-league, and year 2 on a roster playing sparingly. That would only leave year 3 to earn that max 2nd contract. Not likely.
Well yeah, but getting a first round deal and spending a year in the GL, is still a better option than going to college, playing for free and having to go to class.

Not to mention, you can workout with NBA caliber coaches with no restrictions, if he comes back, UK coaches can only work with him for limited hours.

I really hope he comes back, that would be amazing, but we all know that would go against the grain here at UK.

You think WCS had more upside? Hell no, nit even close. Heck, IJ was better his freshman year than WCS was in his Junior year at UK.

Jackson started out slow, but he us ultea athletic and very long. If he develops a jumper, he will get a max deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT