ADVERTISEMENT

J. Edwards

He’s no where near the most overrated..we’ve seen a lot worse. At least he’s here taking the court for us. He averages almost 10 a game…the dragon quit on his team..sharpe didn’t play. Those are the guys who are the most overrated in my book
Yeah.
Whitney
Skal
Stone
Harrow..even as a transfer
Boston

All probably on that list as well

Lmao whatever man. Let me guess, he needs more time for us to be what we wanna be. Same ole Calism bullshit.
For one Adou is out and Edwards has to get some more minutes and yeah he’s a player, he’s shown it in high school/AAU circuit. Kid can ball just needs time to figure out his strengths in college, he can’t do that on the bench.

One of the most overrated recruits of the Cal era
That's a bit much. BUT I have stated a couple of times that he plays really timid and soft. I have seen him get hung by the rim at least 3 times this year. It's like he just doesn't exert enough energy to get up over before trying to dunk. Not going to call him lazy, but he doesn't appear to me to give max effort. Cal coaches him different than the rest of the guys. Never yells at him, let's him play there not one but several mistakes. That is another reason I think he is soft. I don't think he can handle criticism. If Theiro doesn't start when he gets back. It will be a big injustice. If Edwards played with Theiros heart and effort, he would be unstoppable.
Hope the kid gets the light bulb to come on, but Cal needs to put a tighter leash on him and cut his minutes. In the Z thread I stated IF Z took anyone's minutes, Edwards would be the ones I would give him. Some GM gonna lose his job unless something changes if he takes this kid top 10. Heart can't be taught, I hope it's all just the kid needing confidence and maturity and i am wrong about him, but I don't think I am. Time will tell.

Threads and comments in threads like this is why Kentucky fans get a bad name! 🤦🏻‍♂️
We aren’t that important.

This board is for discussion about ALL aspects of the UK Basketball program. Good AND bad. As long as it’s done in the proper manner, what is the problem?

EVERYONE on this board wants to see Edwards play up to the potential he exhibited as a top 3 recruit. If he can get to where he SHOULD be, this team could become legendary. That’s the reason for all the concern regarding where he is right now.

It’s more than understandable.

Criminal that he’s still starting! Just makes no sense!
Honestly, I don’t know how much longer Cal can justify continuing to start him over Reed and Dillingham.

Is there any other coach that would so stubbornly stick to a starting lineup (that he’d obviously already decided upon before practice even began) in the face of such OVERWHELMING evidence that we have far better lineups?

Kinda makes you think there must’ve been some recruiting promises that he’s afraid to break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT