ADVERTISEMENT

Ivisic highlights

Things I notice right away- his ball handling and shooting ability for his size are off the charts. He looks like a guard handling the ball. Seeing him fake, dribble between his legs, and then side-step or step back and shoot is impressive. Knowing he's 7-2 makes it even better.

From what Ive read, the knocks on him are...
1. He lacks lateral quickness to defend on the perimeter.
2. He needs more muscle (he's 220lbs right now) to bang with D1 bigs.
3. He sometimes forces the issue on offense and doesn't defer enough to teammates.

I'd be curious to know what his 3pt percentages have been. If he's a legit and consistent 3pt shooter, that will stretch the floor even more than this team already was stretching the floor. His shot blocking would be huge as well. I guess we shall see. It's good to have him for depth, if nothing else.

Last edited:
Things I notice right away- his ball handling and shooting ability for his size are off the charts. He looks like a guard handling the ball. Seeing him fake, dribble between his legs, and then side-step or step back and shoot is impressive. Knowing he's 7-2 makes it even better.

3. He sometimes forces the issue on offense and doesn't defer enough to teammates.

I'd be curious to know what his 3pt percentages have been. If he's a legit and consistent 3pt shooter, that will stretch the floor even more than this team already was stretching the floor. His shot blocking would be huge as well. I guess we shall see. It's good to have him for depth, if nothing else.
I think I saw mid 30ish, like 34 or 35 percent. And good post.

Last edited:
The Croatian Sensation!

What I like best about him: This team was always going to rise or fall on how well the uber-talented freshman can force other teams to play at their pace and on a spread floor with no clogging of the lane and no plodding center demanding the ball and dictating how fast you can play.

Watching this guy run the floor it is apparent he can fit that tempo and style much better than a guy like Dickinson. Not saying in a vacuum he's a better college player (though NBA scouts already rate him a better potential pro player...) I'm saying he fits with Wagner and Edwards and Reeves and Sheppard and Dillingham and Mitchell better than a guy like Dickinson.

There is a clip out there somewhere of him hitting 5 straight threes at a NBA draft workout, I’m honestly shocked he didn’t get drafted 1st round two years ago, but it’s my understanding he pulled because he wasn’t a lock 1st rounder.

I am curious of where he would rank with Bradshaw, Oyenso, and even Oscar? Is he expected to be better/worse?

The Croatian Sensation!

What I like best about him: This team was always going to rise or fall on how well the uber-talented freshman can force other teams to play at their pace and on a spread floor with no clogging of the lane and no plodding center demanding the ball and dictating how fast you can play.

Watching this guy run the floor it is apparent he can fit that tempo and style much better than a guy like Dickinson. Not saying in a vacuum he's a better college player (though NBA scouts already rate him a better potential pro player...) I'm saying he fits with Wagner and Edwards and Reeves and Sheppard and Dillingham and Mitchell better than a guy like Dickinson.
Totally agree about Dickinson. I never liked the idea of getting him. This guy is a perfect fit.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55

#1 should not be an issue as most people he will be guarding will not require attention away from the basket. Will be an issue however in Cals switch everything defense. Will have to learn to utilize his length and lay further off defenders. #3 he will have plenty of scorers on the court with him. Great year to learn the aspect of trusting your teammates.

I love this kids game and think he has the potential to really blow up this year. Definitely more than a fill in IMO.

I am curious of where he would rank with Bradshaw, Oyenso, and even Oscar? Is he expected to be better/worse?
I think he looks better than UGO (seems to have a nose for the ball) and more versatile than O. Haven't seen Bradshaw but I like the look of this kid albeit just a highlight reel.

Reactions: GGary

i noticed how long his arms are
no alligator arms for him

Reactions: IL Wildcat
If the dude plays a season here and looks anywhere as good as his highlights he will be a top 5 pick of not #1 overall. He’s projected late first right now but the exposure he will get here will shoot him up the charts as long as he doesn’t struggle. Wemby’s highlights looked less impressive tbh and he’s weaker than this kid and Wemby just went #1 purely on height and versatility combined w potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT